**** Super-Skrull(Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it's a 5/4/4 build for me, or a 5/3/5. 
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Based on the Grease paraphrase, I would guess Lube Man, but that's officially a DC character.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And looks like no Shield Training either.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And looks like no Shield Training either.
    On some other thread, @Demiurge_[bagman] said that they are working on a revamped ST.  Obviously it isn't ready yet.

In the meantime you can pick up a lot of covers in SCL10 next season.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    As some people have already noted, we've revealed this character to be Kl'rt, the Super-Skrull!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Purple power at 5 covers looks decent stealing 1351 health a turn from the 2 enemies (assuming 2 still alive) he doesn't shift into. Also improves 3 tiles by 300 if enemy team fires a power plus steals tiles when it expires. This alone will make him very useful against the annoying mindless ones.

Otherwise he doesn't do enough damage to bring along for any reason unless you also have Okoye for his 3 Green hits (and there are better Green users) or are using Blue to spam 5 red attack tiles a turn.

He falls somewhere in the bottom half of the 4* tier. Say around 60-70th out of 100 characters.

KGB
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Assuming that Okoye boosts Inevitable Betrayal's health steal (she does for 5Wasp), then he could be sometimes useful with her as a blue and purple outlet.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He looks pretty solid to me. Will use him with BRB and Kitty. Not a fan of his green though. Would be better if he punched the board randomly and if he hit enemy tiles they were turned into basic tiles, friendly tiles were fortified/strengthened, and if no special tiles were hit then he gained blue, purple and green ap.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I really love this character.  At first I though he was going to copy all FF powers, but nope. Totally original, tactical, versatile and plus he adds precious blue tiles.
    This is a great job indeed and a good help against those scl10 pve monsters.
    Totally remarkable.
    Characters so complet like this add flavour to the game for me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, he does seem like he has interesting potential; i don't know how much I'll lean on him un-boosted at baby champ levels, but he'd have been somebody I liked as a 4* player I think.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Seems like a pretty versatile 4*.  A cheap blue that can do a lot of different things in different situations. He could have some use with Okoye damage boost and with Kitty bumping up the special tiles he makes.  but like all 4*s he will be rostered and champed and used only when essential unless a meta ability is found a la bishop or worthy.   
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, he does seem like he has interesting potential; i don't know how much I'll lean on him un-boosted at baby champ levels, but he'd have been somebody I liked as a 4* player I think.
    He will work well with Medusa and Carnage for 4* players for sure.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With the Next Big Thing if the target is downed do unused pummels carry over to the next target or does it stop after creating the attack tiles?
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shardwick said:
    He will work well with Medusa and Carnage for 4* players for sure.
    I was thinking the same thing. He could be the best 3rd partner for that pairing. I've always liked Mr. Fantastic or Eddie Venom or Kraven for that role but Super Skrull could be the best.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems interesting enough.  I like when there's a lull in Marvel movies coming out, because that means we get more interesting comic-based characters added to the game.  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like another shapeshifter in the game, but with him, Talos and Mystique all needing purple to shapeshift, it will be very difficult to shapeshift into three Galactus on your team...assuming boss fights are a thing again.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like him! I missed out on getting a second cover by one place in SCL9 which was annoying but his blue is quite fun, seems Torch's move might be quite useful, a combination of his black and green powers that pumps out attack tiles. Gonna try out his PvP soon to see what the other powers do.

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Don't get me wrong guys but, with almost 100 4*s (!!!) anything Tham comes out now is broken as bishop or it is irrelevant. And I don't want more bishops....

Many of you are gonna roolover your eyes but the time is approaching foa a 6* layer. It's the nature of the game...

At that time we will get more 5* resources and 5s will become 4s as 3 years ago 4s became 3s...