Universal soldier token Please

greenmeanie
greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
Dear Oktagon support,

I find it odd that there are 3 different soldier tokens.  What I mean by this is the wording for the token and different pictures.  I have made a list of the 3 token types and the cards that fall into them.  

First is soldier

Murder Investigation

2nd is Soldier-Human

Ironroot Warlord
Skyknight Vanguard
Ancestral Blade
Memorial to Glory
Decree of Justice
Heroic Reinforcements

3rd is Human-soldier

Commanding presence
Ulvenwald Mysteries
Strength of Arms
Omen of the Sun
Hero of the Nyxborn
Sigarda, Heron's Grace

It would make it easier if all these cards were 1 wording for soldier tokens.  Just pick one of the 3 wordings.  Like Human-soldier.  

@Oktagon_Support

Comments

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    YES PLEASE @Oktagon_Support this has been needed for a while. And while you're at it, the same for 4/4 angels produced by Divine Visitation, Parhelion II, Finale of Glory, etc...

I think there is more than one Human token type as well (white human tokens?) As I'm sitting here in my end times bunker I might make some time to do a bit of a token creatures audit?

And let's spare a thought for Biogenic Ooze, a Leader of nobody but itself :-(
  • greenmeanie
    Xucachris said:
    YES PLEASE @Oktagon_Support this has been needed for a while. And while you're at it, the same for 4/4 angels produced by Divine Visitation, Parhelion II, Finale of Glory, etc...

I think there is more than one Human token type as well (white human tokens?) As I'm sitting here in my end times bunker I might make some time to do a bit of a token creatures audit?

There is a difference in the angel tokens you mentioned.  Divine and Finale state vigilant angel.  While parhelion and decree of Justice state angel.  The key word here is vigilant which makes Divine visitation and parhelion different.

In my post I didn't mention lifelink soldier because they are different from soldier.  The key word is lifelink which makes them different.      
  • TheHunter
    Xucachris said:

There is a difference in the angel tokens you mentioned.  Divine and Finale state vigilant angel.  While parhelion and decree of Justice state angel.  The key word here is vigilant which makes Divine visitation and parhelion different.

In my post I didn't mention lifelink soldier because they are different from soldier.  The key word is lifelink which makes them different.      
    Yes, they're different and I was making a broader point that there is a confusion of similar-ish tokens and while it's probably impossible to go back and change that, any future tokens should be more clearly named (including Type). This would greatly help putting a token deck together.

Even in your excellent and comprehensive list (and don't forget soldiers generated by Elspeth) you've added Finale of Glory which generates 2/2 Vigilant Soldiers.

As you say the key word is Vigilant.Another key word is confusion!

• WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Should the Universal Soldier be a Dolph Lundgren token or a Van Damme token?
  • greenmeanie
    Xucachris said:
    Xucachris said:

Yes, they're different and I was making a broader point that there is a confusion of similar-ish tokens and while it's probably impossible to go back and change that, any future tokens should be more clearly named (including Type). This would greatly help putting a token deck together.

Even in your excellent and comprehensive list (and don't forget soldiers generated by Elspeth) you've added Finale of Glory which generates 2/2 Vigilant Soldiers.

As you say the key word is Vigilant.Another key word is confusion!

Good catch I totally overlooked that.  I was focused on the wording for soldier.  Will edit that.  I believe they fixed zombie art work to match.  If they want they can go in and fix it.  
  • greenmeanie
    WiLDRAGE said:
    Van Damme 
  • TheHunter
    WiLDRAGE said:
    Van Damme 
    Burt Reynolds
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I came to this thread expecting to disagree
    But I agree

Great suggestion about soldier tokens
  • greenmeanie

@jtwood said:
    I came to this thread expecting to disagreeBut I agree
    Great suggestion about soldier tokens