Options
furbear00000
furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
I’d play the **** out of 6.0. 

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ha, same. It looks like it would be wild and super fun... too bad it’s just for today. 😞
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm  here specifically to say how upset I am to realize this is April fools.

"New Game Mode" sounds fantastic. I've been waiting three years for that.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same. I’d play the **** out of 6.0
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Can only imagine the cascades the AI would get in that one
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I was just coming to the boards to post this.  I suspect I'd get annoyed with it fairly quickly, but just for a day, or for a single Daily Deadpool node?  This'd be hilarious.

I suspect it helps I play on Steam, though.  On a phone this might not work so well.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    I'm  here specifically to say how upset I am to realize this is April fools.

"New Game Mode" sounds fantastic. I've been waiting three years for that.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I WANT TO PLAY THAT! 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This would work as an instant nerf for a lot of characters that destroy x number of tiles, such as 4* thanos and carnage, as they would barely do anything, but others like 3* magneto and 3* doom would just be supercharged astronomically with their red and blue respectively.

and can you imagine all the red you could potentially get if you play rescue the right way with her blue against someone like BRB and carnage?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How absurdly broken do you think 5* Professor X and IHulk would be in this game mode?  Every move would be a match 4 and IH would be doing 5K AOE damage.  Through Okoye in to add extra damage on top of that or add 5*Carnage to give an extra match 4.  

It will be fun for a day or a special node once a week but not permanent 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Howard and XForce Wolvie would destroy ridiculous numbers of tiles, and 2* magneto’s blue/fully charged black bolt would become incredibly useful

and how many strikes could 3* gamora make if you play her right?
    how many tiles could patch have his logo on?

the possibilities are insane, but some characters would really struggle
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    i also wanted to play this.  I smiled and thought this would be cool for a one-off.  oh well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The video is a PC build, I don’t see any way to play it on iOS so I assumed it was a joke. Is it actually available on steam?
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would love to play this a few times!
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The video is a PC build, I don’t see any way to play it on iOS so I assumed it was a joke. Is it actually available on steam?

It is not.  And no, that's not a PC build (or, at least, it's not based on one) - the character ability area doesn't look like that on PC.  That's definitely using the phone UI as a base..
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    it has a mouse pointer making matches though; probably all simulated in after effects or something.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This really made my day, I giggled. But I also got excited. There could be much fun in that (but would need a bit of more speed).

I‘d love changes like these to the game, or other kind of simulations, or matches with 4 players, or challenges like „get X attack tiles on the board“, „make 3 consecutive match-4s“....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    It reminded me of Expert mode Minesweeper lol
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2020
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Our debug PC build lets us switch resolutions to different mobile ones. That video was running on a real internal build on a real PC!
    Please please please find a way to make it playable out here in the wild! 

Edit: especially for a balance of power event! 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    awww man i would love a deadpool node like this. Sounded ridiculous! I wanted to bring Kitty/Bl4de/anyone else and just litter the board with insanity.