Marvel Puzzle Quest R199 Release Notes (3/30/20)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Can we now get an April sneak peak thread then?

Also "a new" character... only 1 new for the whole month? (I'd be happy with that tbqh.)
    There has never been more than one character tease in patch notes (well maybe not never, but not usually).  The 5 tease will be in the next patch notes in 2 weeks.
    The last two preview threads have teased multiple characters though, haven't they?
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    It's Maddrox.  Layla told me and she knows stuff.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

Also "a new" character... only 1 new for the whole month? (I'd be happy with that tbqh.)
    There has never been more than one character tease in patch notes (well maybe not never, but not usually).  The 5 tease will be in the next patch notes in 2 weeks.
    The last two preview threads have teased multiple characters though, haven't they?
    As seen here in the March Sneak Peek:

"CHARACTERS
    "A former Marine turned S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative, Maria Hill gets the job done whatever it takes. With reflexes every bit as sharp as her wit, this is one agent you don't want on your case!" Our newest 4-Star is Maria Hill! See details on her HERE.

"Mostly come out at night...Mostly" More info on our next 5-Star coming Soon(tm). Current planned release end of March."
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yesss! Give carnage a  bit of  love! I can do great mischieving with just that!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    My joy has dissapeared. Right now what comes first is carnage knull and void adding 2 enemy tiles on the empty board. Then the enemy adds his special tiles.
    So fighting gritty you are giving her 2 atacks tiles for free. Just lame.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    broll said:

Preview threads, yes.  This is a Release Notes thread.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    broll said:

However sneak peak is now up and only one character tease...

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Yay, finally NARUTO in MPQ, with his shadow clone jutsu.. oops this is marvel.. so must be MULTIPLE MAN!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jormagund said:
    broll said:

Which is exactly what we would expect, given that there's only one character teased for this month so far.

The whole thing of teasing two characters at a time is new, and recent. It's a stretch to assume that we might only get one release in a month because they went back to the normal pattern of only teasing one character at a time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Jormagund said:
    broll said:

Which is exactly what we would expect, given that there's only one character teased for this month so far.

The whole thing of teasing two characters at a time is new, and recent. It's a stretch to assume that we might only get one release in a month because they went back to the normal pattern of only teasing one character at a time.
    I think it is not a stretch to imagine that they might skip a release given the pandemic, and working from home (MA is shut down), and BW - which was 100% the focus for late April through May-ish characters - is being delayed indefinitely and certainly threw off their planned releases, and at best they have to move up characters, at worst they might need to delay a release as their productivity might well be down.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of people are guessing Multiple Man aka Jamie Madrox. I went to read up on him on Marvel website and after a quick read, I know why we have Mister Fantastic PvP coming up.

If it's him, I'm expecting charged tiles or trap tiles that does similar thing to Elektra's black power or something similar to Mister Sinister. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Jormagund said:
    broll said:

And if they tease another character in the next release notes, it will probably be added to the preview thread.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Jormagund said:
    broll said:

Yes, but he is multiplying.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    If it is Maddox will we be able to have more than one of him on a team?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next up should be a 4*, so probably not another Iceman. could be some sort of electrical character; shocker or electro. 
    I sure hope so! Been waiting for Electro for a long time now.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Carnage change makes him significantly worse vs Kitty. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    You'll be getting a second character this month, but yes... due to obvious world reasons things there have been in a bit of flux. We're pretty well set on our release plans for April at this point though, so the next 5-Star will be coming out around month end as per a "normal" two character per month schedule.

Past that, we're not 100% sure on the release schedule. A certain film that was planned around set up one thing and the delay there has kind of messed around with near future character release plans. We've got options, so there shouldn't be any content release issues, but nothing set in stone for May quite yet.
    So we are at the point of 4/5/4/5.  This is terrible and not a good step.  It is hard enough for some that play at a high level to get them champed before they leave LL without dumping a ton of money into the game. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    You'll be getting a second character this month, but yes... due to obvious world reasons things there have been in a bit of flux. We're pretty well set on our release plans for April at this point though, so the next 5-Star will be coming out around month end as per a "normal" two character per month schedule.

Past that, we're not 100% sure on the release schedule. A certain film that was planned around set up one thing and the delay there has kind of messed around with near future character release plans. We've got options, so there shouldn't be any content release issues, but nothing set in stone for May quite yet.
    So we are at the point of 4/5/4/5.  This is terrible and not a good step.  It is hard enough for some that play at a high level to get them champed before they leave LL without dumping a ton of money into the game. 
    Couldn't agree more.  The game wears more and more on me.