Marvel Puzzle Quest R199 Release Notes (3/30/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited April 2020 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone - 

Here are the Release Notes for R199.

"He's got skills, they're multiplying"

April is here and it's no joke! MARVEL Puzzle Quest entertains a new character, a slew of fun-filled specials, and even more amusing content!

A certain bag wearing hero makes an appearance.

• Made minor updates to various screens to improve visibility and functionality (PC and Mobile).
  • Carnage (Prophet of Knull)'s power Knull and Void now activates on the first turn.
  • Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)'s power Bounty Hunter now activates on the first turn.
  • 4/2 Edit: Added a Forced Bonus timer to Bonus Shards. See more info on this here.
Tagged:

Comments

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Weeeeeeeee! Firsties & pretty excited about JM coming into the fold!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    Weeeeeeeee! Firsties & pretty excited about JM coming into the fold!
    Too obvious, prepare for disappointment.  Usually the clues are a bit more subtle. 
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got to be Madrox, right?

Not seeing a way to jump from that quote to anything related to Grease or Travolta.  

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "entertains" a new character? Can it finally be Mojo?!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @LakeStone
    the Carbage and Valkyrie updates - does that mean they currently activate at battle start, and are getting moved to player turn 1 (nerf), or the reverse (buff)?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Legion? He's got lots of skills. And the next line of the song is about losing control...
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Super skrull? Has multiple powers
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    @LakeStone
    the Carbage and Valkyrie updates - does that mean they currently activate at battle start, and are getting moved to player turn 1 (nerf), or the reverse (buff), 
    I'm on R198, and Carbage starts on player turn 1 currently. So if he is moving to Battle Start, that's a nice, subtle adjustment rather than a blast and rework. Valkryie as well.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm on board the Electro/Electra guess. It's been a while since we've tapped the Spider-Man Rogues Gallery, and it would be nice to have another Sinister Six villain in the game.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I am trying to figure out why they tweaked Carnage like a week after he left Latests, but hey, I guess he's better now.  So thanks!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok so I am not sure the change to Carnage is good.  I just tried him out against Gritty and Carnage puts out 2 attack tiles to start the match then the enemy Grocket puts out strike tiles.  This gives Gritty 2 attack tiles to start the match.  It does the same thing with BRB.

noe against teams without Rocket or BRB this will be fine as he will match tiles faster.  Now if the enemy went first this would be a great update as you would get a strike tile to start the match.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess Black Widow movie getting pushed back indefinitely changed things up a little bit. 

Those two rebalances might be small, but at least it's a buff for Valkyrie. It's a double-edged sword for Carbage. 

And amusing content?  >:)

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Enemy Carnage making a Knull and Void move before my first turn doesn't seem right.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options

It'd be nice to have Jamie Madrox in the game, preferably based on his time running X-Factor Investigations.

Other possibilities that tie more into the "skills" part of the hint would be Mimic or Super-Adaptoid.  Further to that, Yelena Belova became a super-adaptoid at one point in the comics: could this be a tie in to the Black Widow film?

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

Further to that, Yelena Belova became a super-adaptoid at one point in the comics: could this be a tie in to the Black Widow film?

Certainly brings Taskmaster to mind, too. Though given we just had a 5-star release, we should be due a 4 next, and I can't imagine them doing another 4-star Tasky. And anyways a 5-star that works the same as the 4 might be a little... unwieldy.

Though having a movie Taskmaster costume alongside some other multi-skill character could be fun.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we now get an April sneak peak thread then?

Also "a new" character... only 1 new for the whole month? (I'd be happy with that tbqh.)
    There has never been more than one character tease in patch notes (well maybe not never, but not usually).  The 5 tease will be in the next patch notes in 2 weeks.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Madrox does seem likely and I am pretty sure Taskmaster will be a 5* and that will mean a happy Daz!

The first ever FF comic book I read featured the FF v Madrox so that would be cool to have him in game.
  • Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Madrox absorbs all the skills his multiples learn.  I think its Multiple Man.