New Character Blog - The Hulk (The Immortal) (3/26/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited April 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 

The new character blog continues today with The Hulk (The Immortal)  We hope you enjoy some fun information that helps you get familiar with the character and the design from the team.

Enjoy the brief read!

New Character Blog - The Hulk (Immortal)
Tagged:

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not really much there about his powers, but I liked the commentary on the art design. Always cool to get a peak at that sort of thing.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I liked the suggestions on who to use him with for certain things, because we all know some people are instantly turned off by self damage.

Thr art style is neat too.  Nice touch with the other hulk arms
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not really much there about his powers, but I liked the commentary on the art design. Always cool to get a peak at that sort of thing.

I like how the character blogs don't have a set format beyond recommending potential partners. It was really cool to see them shout a specific comic issue as it shows their love of the material (Issue #25 will definitely go down as a classic Hulk issue) and how they use that material as inspiration when designing a character.

Being a bit of a comic geek, my biggest frustrations with this game often comes when a character's power set or best in-game partner doesn't really seem to reflect comic-lore (or the MCU for characters related to that universe). I have come to accept that the MPQU is its own unique thing but it's nice to see the dev team acknowledge and comment on how the comics influenced the designing process.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This may be the first blog that actually suggests tier-appropriate team mates with actual, helpful synergy, even if that synergy is "stay alive." I do think that All-Revive team won't work as well as the novelty of it might imply. I was half expecting it to suggest you run with 3* Vision as one of the few/only characters who can reduce self-harm in the game.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good blog.  I want to compliment the Dev team on the animations for Hulk.  Him coming back from the dead is now probably my favorite animation.  This adds some Horror to the game and animations.

i also like how the partners were 5* compared to other 5* blogs have been given 4* or 3* partners.  This character feels like he needs 5* to play with and by giving 5* team members you show this.
  • JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This hulk feels like a HULK!! The revive animation is really good! artwork is good

Having a character airborne and hulk dying and coming back to life, could lead to a troublesome situation you can get into. I dont mind the team damage or self damage. Good job making this character!  
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That was a great read.  I understand his black power more now.  I still don't care for the power, but I appreciate the explanation.