Your Pull Results: Havok is now in LLs!

Options
2»

Comments

• 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    VERY BAD: Can we talk about my last 30 pulls and only get 1 (ONE) 5*?
    GOOD: At least it was a green cover for Havok. :/

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    jredd said:
    i pulled a few. ended up stopping after 4 of the 8 5* i pulled were sinister. already have him champed and he's awful. didn't want to waste any more 5* pulls on him. which is a shame. i'd have liked to get more than 2 havoks and all the champ levels for brb are most welcome.
    Is sinister really awful?  Or just niche?  I would think he might be decent for cl10 challenge nodes with goons.  His effects aren't as useful as, say, 5* strange for that use case, but he has almost 2x as much health and lots more match damage.  But if those traps just get overwitten all the time, I suppose he would be basically useless.
    nope he's awful. makes all those trap tiles that steal/destroy ap. and different trap tiles that do different things but look exactly the same as the other ones. so you have no idea which tiles do what. no abilities that do direct damage. i had him champed for the last event, and all he did was high match damage. not sure how carnage got such a bad rap and sinister got a pass. carnage is way more useful and effective.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @jredd you hit the nail on the head. The problem with Sinister is that he might be useful, but since every trap tile looks exactly the same but they don't all do the same thing, if you want to try to make him useful you have to sit and tap on all the trap tiles to figure out which is which. CL10 takes long enough as it is, we don't need characters that make it worse.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    14/108, 5 BRB (Level 465), 3 Sinister(2/1/1 now), 6 Havok (1/2/3).  A little below average,  but there were a couple long runs with no 5*s.  Of course I pulled all this, then the favorite store showed up, but not much I can do about that now.  I guess it ends up being a wash, more Okoye levels would help with SCL 10 PvE, but I also needed Havok for when he's essential, and the Sinister covers are needed for when he's required.

Edited to add, no bonus shards in all those pulls.  Not sure what the expected rate is on those.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    jredd said:
    Vhailorx said:
    jredd said:
    i pulled a few. ended up stopping after 4 of the 8 5* i pulled were sinister. already have him champed and he's awful. didn't want to waste any more 5* pulls on him. which is a shame. i'd have liked to get more than 2 havoks and all the champ levels for brb are most welcome.
    Is sinister really awful?  Or just niche?  I would think he might be decent for cl10 challenge nodes with goons.  His effects aren't as useful as, say, 5* strange for that use case, but he has almost 2x as much health and lots more match damage.  But if those traps just get overwitten all the time, I suppose he would be basically useless.
    nope he's awful. makes all those trap tiles that steal/destroy ap. and different trap tiles that do different things but look exactly the same as the other ones. so you have no idea which tiles do what. no abilities that do direct damage. i had him champed for the last event, and all he did was high match damage. not sure how carnage got such a bad rap and sinister got a pass. carnage is way more useful and effective.
     Thanks for the feedback.  I think Carnage got bad rap  because his numbers are low, people didn't value double matches (with ap), and his best 5* partner (brb) wasnt out yet.  Also, he plays up at level 650, so he is very scary in challenge nodes, which helps his rep.

Sinister got a meh response, because he did offer 80k damage for 8 ap (if you ignore the problems with trap tiles), and because everyone was distracted by other changes to the game around the same time.

As a thought experiment, I had guessed that they were both similarly niche, excelling with certain partners in certain situations.  But maybe Carnage plays up a bit from that and sinister plays a bit down.
  • Najbolji
    Najbolji Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    181 pulls - 22 5* covers (12.15%)

5xBRB (now lvl 459)
    7xSinister (now champed lvl 450)
    10xHavok (now 2/5/4)

Not a good pull rate, but the distribution was decent, and I don't have to spend another CP on Mr. Useless.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only made 10 pulls so far, since I was trying to finish Carnage. No Havok, but I did get another each for Bill and Sinister, so a good pull rate overall. Need one more for Bill, and then Shards will finish him easily. Sinister is stuck at an annoying 4/3/0, but one more Featured event will see him at least to 4/3/1.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2020
    Options
    91 pulls, 17 5*s for a very nice 18.68%. Zero bonus shards however.

7 BRB - now @ 6/3/3 + 850 shards.
    4 Mr. Sin - now @ 4/2/3 + 325 shards
    6 Havok - now @ 3/2/1 + 375 shards

I expect 125 more BRB shards from PVE progression, so he'll be bonused to get the last 25 I'll need to champ him. Back to hoarding until he cycles out.