Zendikar vs. Eldrazi

2»

Comments

• Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    versemage said:
    Or what are the chances of a brand new duel deck event with new Planeswalkers, new cards, new rewards?
    This would certainly be nice as well, but we need a balanced approach to both sides so people can unlock both side's cards.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    versemage said:
    Or what are the chances of a brand new duel deck event with new Planeswalkers, new cards, new rewards?
    I seem to remember there being a new Duel Decks event for Theros that was announced at some point.  There's been no word since, though, so maybe it was just a dream?

@Oktagon_Support back me up here  :D
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    You are not wrong @Mburn7 there was definitely something posted about new duel decks (maybe by brigby) but I’m too short of time to find it.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    A new, First Theros Block, Duel Decks is scheduled to be released alongside the Theros Beyond Death set

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80289/q-a-w-oktagon-november-edition-11-7-19

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    soultwist said:
    A new, First Theros Block, Duel Decks is scheduled to be released alongside the Theros Beyond Death set

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80289/q-a-w-oktagon-november-edition-11-7-19

Thanks for the link.

@Oktagon_Support any comments on this?  Even an answer of "we've postponed this event because...." would be perfectly acceptable.  Just some info would be much appreciated.
  • Avahad
    Maybe that’s what 4.1 is about- if it’s next month it would be a little early for the next set.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020

Hi guys,

We're, indeed, having new Duel Deck content soon.
    I'm not sure about when, because if I'm right it was supposed to be on the next release, but they thought it would be better to postpone due to new events content on the next release (besides duel deck).

• Michael_WC
    Any chance there are any plans to re-balance the existing Dual Deck event given how poorly balanced it is towards the Zendikar side?
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Once you get to the Duel phase, you can make your own deck. How do you balance that?
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I kinda just figured everyone was just playing their preference. Me personally, I never have liked void gems so I always play Zendikar.
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited March 2020
    versemage said:
    I kinda just figured everyone was just playing their preference. Me personally, I never have liked void gems so I always play Zendikar.
    What kind of question is that? 
    The same way they balanced it before? 
    By changing which sets and colors are available for the pws? 🤔 
  • Michael_WC
    versemage said:
    What kind of question is that? 
    The same way they balanced it before? 
    By changing which sets and colors are available for the pws? 🤔 
    What Nyar said, before the re-balance my understanding was TED rarely, if ever, lost, once they limited the colors and sets it swung to Zendikar's favor with TED rarely, if ever, winning
  • Avahad
    edited March 2020
    sorry to go off at a tangent but the NEW duel decks cards are on the Facebook page- along with a new (legacy?) set of cards and new vanguards....
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2453450084770193&type=3
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    i made a ted deck and won every match, not hard. i do have a large collection though. Plenty of devoid gem makers and kills spells, with creatures converting some and some using the gems just not enough people want to play ted is the reason mostly nissa world breaker is a strong pw compared to ted