Zendikar vs. Eldrazi

Good Afternoon,

I apologize for posting this here, but I did not see an Event board for Duel Decks.

Late last week there was a call out to ask people to play for the Eldrazi in last weekend's ZvE event. If you were watching closely then you could tell we almost pulled out the win, but alas we failed.

I am reaching out once again to see if we can get more people to join the Eldrazi in a push for newcomers and returning players to obtain the exclusive "Eye of Ugin."

It was recommended that starting a campaign now and posting a reminder the next time it circled back around might be the way to go, so here I am making that plea.

We have many of the top Coalitions and larger MtGPQ Guilds lined up and ready to answer the call once again, but we also need your help.

If you are willing, simply sign up to fight for TED the next time the battle is available. The more of us that band together, the greater our numbers to best the Zendikar!

Comments

• Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Yes, totally let's make the tentacles great again!
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2020
    I joined TED (for the first time since getting ‘the eye’ way back) this last run answering the call- and I’ll be honest I wasn’t looking forward to playing him- I was pleasantly surprised tho playing it thru with my own little sub game of trying get as much of the board devoid as I could which made it quite amusing :)
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Pretty tired of this event, I never really found it very fun. Different for sure, but I never really wanted to play it. 

Wasn't there talk about having a similar X Vs. Y event?
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    If you don't want to play it then it would be a big help to TED if you chose Nissa and lost all of your matches :P
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    If you don't want to play it then it would be a big help to TED if you chose Nissa and lost all of your matches :P
    I have actually been doing just that! Play my matches, pick a side, and wait for them sweet sweet consolation prizes :)
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I have to say playing Eldrazi PW is really painful. It is not a fair match to my view.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    it is so hit or miss with the ai and oppenents decks
  • Michael_WC
    edited January 2020
    One of our Guildmates is putting together some decks and strategies for the Eldrazi side. Once it is complete I will share it here if he doesn't mind.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally like TED (not enough to buy him, but still), since Ingest strategies are really hard to pull off with normal walkers.  I also own every Zendikar and DDZE card, so its much easier for me to build for him than the average player.

Nissa is definitely the better and more fun walker, though, which makes it even odder that she literally never won at first and now wins every time.  The app instability meant I couldn't participate in this run of DDZE, but I'll definitely go TED next time for everyone.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2020
    Before they changed the set and color restrictions TED easily had the advantage, that's why he won everytime beyond the first.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never lost this event, ever.

My super special secret was:

TED won first time, because player base is all like: "well...access to all cards is cooler"

Nissa one second time, because player base was then like: "but wait! I haven't got this mythic card yet!"

TED for months until update, because we like it easy

Nissa from every point now until forever or future updates, because haven't changed and still like it easy

• Michael_WC
    edited February 2020
    Ugh, I really wanted to get this out sooner, but the time has come, PLEASE if you don't mind, choose Eldrazi for this weekend's Battle for Zendikar event. We are reaching out to many of the top coalition guilds, reddit, here, etc. to get as many people as we can on board.

So sorry for the last minute call, been a very hectic week.
  • morgue427
    yep time to work on collections especially if you would like at least a new nondupe for tim
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Newb question: what's the difference between Duel and Final Duel?
  • Michael_WC
    @Firstofhisname419As far as I can tell during the Duel you can just see the "Leading" side by a side note, during the Final Duel you see the bar.....I don't know why the different phases.
  • morgue427
    and tim lost again, goofed and bought the 300 pack so got a new one but could have gotten a 5 pack instead ;-(
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    We (are little band of Merry men and women). Are behind this 💯% I did see at one point we were ahead but lost it in the end.  So we will slay it next time. 
  • morgue427
    did what i could, never saw tim ahead though perhaps eventually and down to only one card left but it was running tim with a devoid deck most battle it stopped nissa flat lol
  • Michael_WC
    @Oktagon_Support Any chance ZvE will see a rework anytime in the near future? Since the first rework I don't think TED has ever won and at this rate it doesn't look like they ever will. Any chance to see some sort of balance made to give new and returning players a chance for some of the cards locked behind this event?
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Or what are the chances of a brand new duel deck event with new Planeswalkers, new cards, new rewards?