Increasing number of MPs and full art cards

Machine
Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
edited February 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi @Oktagon_Support,

Today I was looking through all the available cards for Throne of Eldraine and Theros Beyond Death. I noticed that each set now contains 15 masterpieces and that several full art cards have been added to different sets, including older sets. Can you please explain what your intention is with these deviations from "normal" set sizes (e.g. 10 MPs and a lot less mythics). I like to try to collect as many cards as I can. I don't mind if it takes me a longer period of time as a free to play player, but now it seems impossible.

Also, "uncompleting" sets by adding full art cards later to sets doesn't feel right to me. When you added full art cards with War of the Spark, I could kind of understand that a set based around planeswalkers would have special emphasis on these cards and as such, having "special" full art cards of them even further emphasized this. However, I fail to see any sense why several full art mythic cards in Throne of Eldraine need to be there, except from draining players' resources in their chase to collect all cards. I was glad that I almost went through the complete War of the Spark Fblthp full art cards, but seeing them popping up in Eldraine again makes me realize I'm fighting an uphill battle. In my opinion, you can let Fblthp "die" a peaceful death after he has sold all his War of the Spark goodies. No need to provide him with new stuff from other sets.

Comments