[New Feature: Quest System] Would you also be interested in Coalition Quests?

2»

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somehow. I would like to know more first.
    Update: System moved response to other thread
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2020
    No, not interested.
    I can't believe the devs are even considering other / new features at this moment.  This game is wonky because of all the bugs causing us to lose matches. Here's a free suggestion for a new feature: a bug / crash recovery system! Also, a lot of feedback has been given before, especially regarding The Great Tournament and yet they have the balls to run this **** event again in the same format. Not even talking about all the lost matches because of the bugs and freezes in only the first round of charges. Get your game together! I just can't see why someone would be spending for this.

@Brigby: any official response to this? https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80626/direction-of-this-game

Right now, I'm becoming more and more fed up with this game. All the effort the community is taking to help the devs and all they come up with is a few bug fixes and new features we haven't asked for.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Yes, that sounds interesting.
    As others have mentioned, the bugs need fixing, but so does the ranking system.  I'm all for the other forms of gaining levels outside of card mastery starting to come into fruition...
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    If I could change my vote now, I would. New features are exciting & fun, but this game needs so much more attention fixing what we already have. Each time a new set and events come around, it adds new bugs on top of the ones left unfixed. Ancient and once thought to be long-dead bugs arise from the grave with impunity. 

Stopping Bolas’ eternal bug army is the logical priority. If the team can reduce these issues down to a minimum, then I’m all for new features.
    Until then, it’s a long hard road up to that point. Each new set and event extends this arduous journey with a new workload of bugs. It’s making the work needed pile up, and more resources then have to go towards maintaining what has been built.

Would you add more weight and volume to a house with a weak foundation? Absolutely not without reinforcing it first. 
    Take some basic lessons from the construction industry, please.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    Given the available responses the first is what I choose. 

Yes, it sounds interesting. I won't deny that, however just because it is an interesting idea doesn't mean that it is necessarily practical. 
    New events, cards and features have seemed to be rushed into the game without proper testing. This has caused numerous bugs and ongoing frustration with the players. 
    Additionally, the (time) investment/reward ratio for new events has been pretty bad. 
    These things have been said before, I'm simply echoing the masses. 

New ideas and new content are great things but only if these things improve the game. 

So
    Yes, this sounds interesting

But
    Can you make a quality event with minimal bugs? (I would ask for none but bugs and this game have gone hand in hand for as long as I can remember.)
    Can you make an event who's time commitment is appropriately aligned with it's rewards?

If so, I'm all for implementing this idea!
    If not, I think it would be better to focus your time and resources on fixing current problems.
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Sorin81 said:
    Given the available responses the first is what I choose. 

Yes, it sounds interesting. I won't deny that, however just because it is an interesting idea doesn't mean that it is necessarily practical. 
    New events, cards and features have seemed to be rushed into the game without proper testing. This has caused numerous bugs and ongoing frustration with the players. 
    Additionally, the (time) investment/reward ratio for new events has been pretty bad. 
    These things have been said before, I'm simply echoing the masses. 

New ideas and new content are great things but only if these things improve the game. 

So
    Yes, this sounds interesting

But
    Can you make a quality event with minimal bugs? (I would ask for none but bugs and this game have gone hand in hand for as long as I can remember.)
    Can you make an event who's time commitment is appropriately aligned with it's rewards?

If so, I'm all for implementing this idea!
    If not, I think it would be better to focus your time and resources on fixing current problems.
    This! 
    Nothing to add here. 

• mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    If it means splitting the daily rewards between Daily and Coalition quests as you did with training grounds thanks but no thanks.
  • Poppy99
    Poppy99 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    More reasons to get players to actually want to be on a coalition which is not full of deadwood?  Yes....there are a ton of players in this game who don't know or cannot find larger groups within the game itself and just play PVP and PVE for their personal rewards.  

Ditto all of Sorin's comments/concerns...well put.
  • LordDorwin
    LordDorwin Posts: 78 Match Maker
    No, not interested.
    Rather give the individual system a try and see whether people like it (Both asking for and taking careful note of player feedback is recommended).

It may even be necessary to ditch this feature altogether if it is glitchy or a drudge to complete.

After the individual system has been proved to work and approved of by the players, perhaps then would be the time to consider expanding it to coalition play.

With so little information supplied I believe it is best to be conservative.
  • rleeson42
    rleeson42 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

Crash/ lockup recovery way over any new features. Ongoing support and maintenance with better unit and integration tests to avoid regression, and free up developers in the future to create better, revenue generating game features.

• Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker

I've been doing some thinking and now I'd be opposed to adding anything like this to the game which would incentivize more daily play until

1) Something is done about load times

2) The game is more stable and less error-ridden

I don't want to be spending a couple hours a day in this game trying to get into and out of matches to meet some quest objective that may not even be what it says it is with cards that don't do what they say they do.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards

Daily play is already heavily incentivized, though, and that's pretty normal for any game.

I agree that the load times and bugs are a huge issue (they're why I've stopped playing), but I don't think those are reasons not to implement a feature that has been requested a lot by the playerbase over the years. Besides, just because the quests exist doesn't mean you need to achieve them every day if you don't have the time or will to grind them out.

• Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker

Right now to the extent daily play is incentivized, it's on an individual level. If I don't want to play TotP or RT, I miss out on those rewards and I can choose whether it's worth it for me to pursue that. If something like this is added that incentivizes participation on a coalition level, then it's not just me that's missing out on rewards if I choose not to participate - it's my coalition as well. I do not want to have to fight through onerous load times and endless bugs every single day because my coalition is counting on me to come through.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards

Hmm, that's a fair point. I didn't think of it as a coalition-wide daily quest. I read it as just daily quests for each player (although the name of the thread is Coalition Quests. Weird).

In that case I definitely agree, since coalition play comes with a lot of implicit (and depending on your coalition, explicit) pressure to do your part. Really bad optics to do that when you can't make a functioning game.

Interestingly, Manastrike has weekly Team (coalition) quests that reward you in tiers as you complete them, so if you can't get 100% done in the week (due to inactive members or whatever) you still get some rewards. I wouldn't mind a system like that here, although there would still be some pressure to hit 100% I'm sure.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    Please do this!   We like the deadpool dailies in Marvel Puzzle, so this would be good here too.  Maybe give one node as coalition and the rest of the nodes individual.  So people that don't have much time can do the coalition at least and the rest will count for individual quests/nodes
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    No, not interested.
    Stream lining the game should be the top priority.  Remove the amount of times to press continue and flashing every objective point(s). Just have one tidy result screen with all the results. Standard/Legacy toggle....I still can't believe this hasn't been implemented. Daily rewards for logging in should be just added automatically. There are a bunch of minor changes that would help negate all the loading screens and times. 

I would start with daily or weekly story line quests before coalitions. Coalitions are already taxing with how long events "bleed" over into the start of the new week as stated in other threads.

• BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    What happened to this idea? 7 months into 2020, our planet has been ravaged by a virus, among all the other nightmares, but this should have been released by now.