Mysterio Purple [Devs Aware]

Waddles_Pines
Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
The description says "damage when matched or destroyed," but during SHIELD Training there were two instances where this wasn't true

1) Domino's "Enter the Fray" destroyed a trap tile and no damage was assessed
2) When the trap tile was in a row/column and was destroyed by a match 4.  If it was part of the match 4 the damage would assess, but if it was not it didn't.

Based on 1, this might also be applicable to Quake's Resonance Frequency, but she never targeted blue in my match.

Is this working as intended? 

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed the same thing. Seemed buggy to me. Having specifically described it as matched or destroyed but only working on matched, does not feel intentional.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Waddles_Pines
    This is, indeed, not functioning as intended. Destroying the trap tiles by means of clearing a row with a match 4 should deal damage. The team is aware of this issue, and it is scheduled to be fixed in update R182. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Tombstone
    What about random tile destruction?  Shouldn't that trigger the trap also? 
  • Tombstone
    @Waddles_Pines
    Yes, powers that destroy tiles should also trigger the effect. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's something else I noticed about his Purple when playing the recent PvP: If Mysterio is invisible and is hit by a stun he loses his invisibility.

I was using 4* Gamora with her Blue at 5 covers (which stuns a random opponent for 1 turn). When I fired Gamora's Blue, if the random stun hit an invisible Mysterio he immediately lost his invisible status at the start of the next turn (when the stun wore off). This was super handy for me to remove his invisibility but I am not sure that's how it should work.

KGB
  • Tombstone
    @KGB
    Any characters that are invisible will still take AOE damage, and can still be stunned by random stuns. Being invisible only prevents them from being targeted by a stun. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tombstone said:
    @KGB
    Any characters that are invisible will still take AOE damage, and can still be stunned by random stuns. Being invisible only prevents them from being targeted by a stun. 
    I'm not questioning him being stunned (I know that's possible). My question is should being stunned remove his invisible status because that's what happened. As soon as the stun wore off (1 turn) he was immediately visible even though he should have still been invisible.

I've stunned other invisible characters before who had special tiles (Miles/Invisible Woman) and they remain invisible when the stun wears off (if the tile is still there of course) but this is the first time I've stunned someone who doesn't have a special tile and he lost his invisible status.

KGB
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Tombstone said:
    @KGB
    I'm not questioning him being stunned (I know that's possible). My question is should being stunned remove his invisible status because that's what happened. As soon as the stun wore off (1 turn) he was immediately visible even though he should have still been invisible.

I've stunned other invisible characters before who had special tiles (Miles/Invisible Woman) and they remain invisible when the stun wears off (if the tile is still there of course) but this is the first time I've stunned someone who doesn't have a special tile and he lost his invisible status.

KGB
    Yeah, if there isn't a tile or other ongoing effect to "reassert" the Invisibility, getting Stunned or going Airborne will cancel it completely. Makes Peggy's blue a perfect counter to Agent Venom's yellow, for instance.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone tested Mysterio to see if these bugs got fixed?  R182 is active but the notes didn't indicate anything about him.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited February 2020
    R193 and they didn't fixed him yet. Their super lazy approach to the problem is just unbelievable and also sad.
  • Tombstone
    @bluewolf
    @Kletvar
    The issue with no damage being dealt when the trap tile is destroyed was verified fixed in R182. If you see that destroying the trap tile does not cause damage, could you please confirm?
  • Kletvar
    edited February 2020
    @Tombstone Yesterday i was using Mysterio with Okoye and 3*Storm because it looked like really fun team. However, when Storm's green power destroyed his traps, they didn't deal damage. It just said "Trap Disarmed". 
    I'll post a proof when i'll be able. 
    3*Storm is not the only character that disarm Mysterio's traps by destroying tiles. I think that She-Hulk's red power also disarms them. 

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/A23fU5D Here's the proof. Also, 3*Storm's green doesn't trigger Okoye's passive. Looks like bug too. 

Edit #2: Proof that She-Hulk's red power doesn't trigger Mysterio's traps. 5*Storm also joined the club. https://imgur.com/a/z6Ity9q

Mysterio is an interesting character and it would be really great for him and for the health of the game if the problem is solved.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    I can also verify what Kletvar is experiencing, except that I was using Shuri. When she destroyed Mysterio's non-fortified trap tiles, I got the traps disarmed message too.

The easiest way to test this out without depending on random tile destruction is to use Mysterio, IM40 and Quake/5* Storm. Use Mysterio to fire his trap tiles and let Quake/Storm destroys blue tiles. It will show traps disarmed all over the place.

• TPF Alexis
    Kletvar said:
     Also, 3*Storm's green doesn't trigger Okoye's passive. Looks like bug too.
    That one isn't a bug. Lightning Strike only does damage for the destroyed tiles, so Okoye doesn't boost it.

• Kletvar
    edited February 2020
    Kletvar said:
    That one isn't a bug. Lightning Strike only does damage for the destroyed tiles, so Okoye doesn't boost it.

Oh, so if a power doesn't say "deal x" damage Okoye doesn't boost it ? Didn't know that, thanks. Would be nice if that was explained in her power tho.
  • TPF Alexis
    Kletvar said:
    Kletvar said:

Oh, so if a power doesn't say "deal x" damage Okoye doesn't boost it ? Didn't know that, thanks. Would be nice if that was explained in her power tho.

It would be nice, yeah. More generally, damage that comes purely from tile destruction is not considered "power damage", tho there are a few weird exceptions both ways.
  • Kletvar
    @Tombstone, is this reported ? 
  • Tombstone

@Kletvar

Thank you for providing those videos. I've passed this information along to the team.

• Kletvar

Thank you Tombstone. Hoping for good news in the next few updates.

• Kletvar

2 months later and the devs are still aware. How about to start fixing the bug ?