Can we set max level of single cover 5s to 255 instead of 270

fiirst
fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker

Hello,

I am a 3/4 players with 355 days old...

I would like to request to change level cap of 5s single cover..it is defect design to new player.

I Got a epic luck from random single CL token on my 60ish day.

At that stage, as a noob. I accidently put iso onto him (why not? i had plenty of iso).

My epic luck become epic failed.....bright sight become nightmare.....i cant compete in pvp anymore.

So, i have to sell my 5s to adjust level of my pvp enemy.

Then, thing get better.

From time to time,i saw many newer player also have this problem....i and my alliance mates also coach them to play pvp....sadly, mostly ended up in either sell those 5s or quit rather than keep progress their 3s / 4s to champ...

The question is, why should 1/0/0 5s are able to from 255 to 270. Why otger tier need at least 2 cover to level up?

Should we adjust it?

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

That might give you a 15 level advantage over the teams you were seeing after levelling to 270, but you'd probably still see harder PVP once you started rostering 5* characters.

It does kind of suck, but it's probably best to just push through to the point where you have some 4* champs.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

When I was a noob, I had the unfortunately luck of getting multiple 5* Hawkeye covers. Not knowing any better, I put him up to level 285--before I had a single champed 4*. I didn't play PvP for the first year I think.

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler

It would be more convinient to have a way to disable all 5* from your user name for a sensitive time such as 3,6 or 9 months. That way many players could concéntrate on developing a solid 4* lvl. What do you think?

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker

What would make the most sense would be to be able to downgrade characters (with or without getting the iso back or getting a bit less).

It seems stupid that this feature isn't already introduced.

It would have been really convenient for me when they bricked Gambit and I suddenly had a strong character turn into a useless one.

• fiirst

actually, level them to 270 did not impact 3/4* & 4* players that much.

but it completely kill 2* , 2/3* & 3* player's life

that's why i would like to let dev. adjust it....but your case is a quite different hehe.

it is good idea but i still believe to change 5s single cover cap to 255 is the best solution.

yes, i would love to have dwongrade toon feature....

• fiirst
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

I still remember when I got my first 3* max level (days before champing.)

Went from PvP is cool to PvP is unplayable in one minute.

• Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker

It's not broken?

If they were to change the max level of a single cover to 255 it would impact way too much else (mostly the levelling per cover to get to 450). Won't happen, as there's no justification for it (regret doesn't count as justification).

The ability to downgrade levels that you already added would be simpler, I would think. However, someone else would have an issue with it (they accidentally downgraded, didn't realize the impact it would have, etc etc) just as you do with levelling a 5*. I just don't see this being an actual issue.

• fiirst
    edited February 2020

What do you mean "not broken"?

To be more clear about adjust the capped.

In my opinion, to remove level 270 from single cover, the rest is same...

5s 1 cover: level 255

5s 2 cover: level 285

or....etc.

Either downgrade or adjust capped is better for new player. Downgrade is better choice for lucky new player who can earn more than 1 single covers.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor

You'd have the same issue you're encountering with lowering the level cap as a new player, as just rostering a 5 star would increase your MMR in PVP. You'd have a stronger character than the 2/3/4 star rosters in your grouping.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

The game doesn’t include unleveled characters in your MMR calculation anymore. Hasn’t in a couple years.

So if you literally couldn’t level a 1 cover 5, it would ensure they wouldn’t impact your MMR.

The problem I see with this idea is you might confuse new players into thinking 5’s work differently than the other tiers in terms of how you level them, etc.

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

We have little-to-no power here. They don’t even want to fix the stupid bugs that are driving some of us insane.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

I would think this is one of those cases where there's little downside in providing information. But trying to communicate the nuances to the average player could be hard, IMO.

Most people are playing PVE only (observe the consistent incentives they are providing for PVP play; Marvel Insider points, much better rewards for time spent, etc). Or mostly PVE.

In PVE, leveling your characters as much as possible is only helping you tackle more challenging opponents more effectively. The fact that leveling can make PVP worse is one of the weird things about the game, really. What can help you in one place can hurt you in another? Very counter-intuitive.

And how would you tell someone that? I would guess it would just turn off even more players to PVP if you told them they shouldn't improve their highest-tier characters via some kind of popup or whatever.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020

I'd prefer a system that let's you de-level a character that hasn't been champed. To prevent this from being abused, you wouldn't get your ISO back, but it would allow players to correct highly regrettable mistakes like this without having to sell a character.

I had s similar experience back in the early days (before 5*s and before champing, and I believe when PvE was based on MMR too?). I'd gotten a few covers on 4* X-Force Wolverine and leveled him to something like lvl 145. My nearest 3* was at lvl 120, and most were at around lvl 100. It made the game overly difficult for like 8 months or more.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor

Read what I'm saying to fiirst. If he's complaining about putting ISO into a 5 star and being punished and wanting the default now to be that all 5 stars sit at 255 instead of first level kicking in at 270, I'm saying that default would start punish people just for having a 5 star on their roster, because there is no difference now between a 255 and 270 in the games eye. It's just a 5 star character on the roster. If you were a player and just had a 5 star in the way he wants things to happen, it's going to give him an unfair advantage over 2 and 3 star rosters in his SCL in PVP. It might not be much of one, because with one cover they can't do much, but match damage is higher than 2 and 3 star competitors.

MMR should rightly push him into a higher roster in PVP, as it does anyone who starts leveling any character in tiers above their weight class. Otherwise you'd have a bunch of people who'd roster more than one cover on a 5 star character but leave it sit at 255 and clean up in the guppy pools. The minute you're starting to roster 5s at any level, you're advancing to another tier of play, and the game is right to start funneling you to higher level competitors. .

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020

I was unlucky enough to champ 4 5*s to levels between 450 and 460 and I receive hell from players with almost full rosters with levels 530 to 490 and this is very unfair as I levelled this characters focused on pve mostly (that is why i am not playing pvp as motivated as before).

Downgrading characters by losing iso is mean for the average player, that is why I suggest a button designed specifically to block all your 5*s for a fixed period of time (in months) for pvp only. That way you do not have more advantages or disadvantages over the mayority of 4* players and have time to continúe playing a "better" way without using your 5*s until the blocked time expires.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020

THIS!!

Before (mostly) "fixing" my past sins of ignorantly leveling 5*s too high this was ALWAYS my desire and something I requested on every survey.

Even if we only got the iso back at 50 cents on the dollar I would have done it. Heck! I still might today to drop my 360 Silver Surfer back down to 330 where the rest of my soft-capped best 5*s are currently at.

• A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler

@fiirst what does the rest of your roster look like? I find that almost all the time its something else you did that's affecting your mmr and not the 5.