Next 5* to champ/target

bk201
bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
Hi everyone!

Need some advice to choose the next 5-star to focus on. I'll get the 13th cover of 5* Prof X after getting MR&G progression rewards and 4 covers of 4* Prof X (who's currently targeted with 3* Mags).

I play both PvE and PvP, but mainly PvE. Roster was updated today, removed all 2* and 3*, everyone is champed and being farmed.

To sum up, this is my current situation on 5* land:
- Champed: Okoye, Thor, Doom, Hela
- Champable: Storm, Cap Marvel (12 cover + 3 saved)
- 12 covers: Iceman and Loki, both with 2 saved covers
- 8 to 10 covers (no saved covers): 2/4/2 Black Bolt, 2/4/4 Carnage, 5/1/3 FA Cap America, 4/5/1 Wasp
- The rest ranges from 1 to 7 covers.

Basically, I'm using Thorkoye with Prof X, sometimes change him for Iceman or Doom. Beta Ray Bill is an obvious 3rd to pair with Thorkoye, afaik he has no feeder to speed up, but will be on LT for a few months.

Any ideas / suggestions on who would be a good addition to those champed 5*?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Storm is pretty good, particularly with the Prof, where all her board shake can rack up more match-4+s. Iceman and Loki are worth working on as well. Danver5 is kinda meh. Bolt is the only one of your 8-10 cover list who's really good, I think, tho Carnage isn't as bad as was thought, and does play well with Bill.
  • bk201
    Storm is pretty good, particularly with the Prof, where all her board shake can rack up more match-4+s. Iceman and Loki are worth working on as well. Danver5 is kinda meh. Bolt is the only one of your 8-10 cover list who's really good, I think, tho Carnage isn't as bad as was thought, and does play well with Bill.
    - Storm looks pretty decent indeed, the only thing kept me from champing her is a half health Thor. I'll give her another try and champ her after getting a bit more iso.
    - Agreed about Danver5, that's a shame, hope they buff her in the future.
    - Iceman works very well, even not champed, his stun and repeaters are great.
    - I need to try Loki again. He looks more useful on PvE, he can be pretty annoying in PvP, but imo, Prof X and Iceman work better in defense.
    - Black Bolt's passive works great with Okoye, I can speed things up targeting Medusa and Kamala.
    - Could you explain how Carnage and Bill would work together, pls? Can't see the synergy between them.
  • TPF Alexis
    Loki: You will like him much, much better once you get him champed and re-spec to 5/3/5. Shadowplay/Dagger Surprise is so much better at 5 covers than at 2.
    Carnage/BRB is mostly about their interactions with special tiles. Carnage provides an extra move each turn, which pretty quickly has a very good chance of matching at least one friendly Protect. Plus, you're going to be matching them away yourself anyhow. When they do, not only do you get the bonus AP from Bill, but Carnage spits out an Attack tile for each special you match. The Protects pretty quickly bring match damage down to 1, and Bill's blue is cheap enough that he can fire it all the time, especially since it's fueled by matching the Protects. Meanwhile, the Attack tiles are building up to some pretty serious damage, on top of that from the various actives. The team reaches its final form in pick-3, with Kitty added as well. At that point, things get out of control extremely fast.
  • bk201
    Loki: You will like him much, much better once you get him champed and re-spec to 5/3/5. Shadowplay/Dagger Surprise is so much better at 5 covers than at 2.
    Yeah, I was unlucky enough to get only 2 purple.
    Carnage/BRB is mostly about their interactions with special tiles. Carnage provides an extra move each turn, which pretty quickly has a very good chance of matching at least one friendly Protect. Plus, you're going to be matching them away yourself anyhow. When they do, not only do you get the bonus AP from Bill, but Carnage spits out an Attack tile for each special you match. The Protects pretty quickly bring match damage down to 1, and Bill's blue is cheap enough that he can fire it all the time, especially since it's fueled by matching the Protects. Meanwhile, the Attack tiles are building up to some pretty serious damage, on top of that from the various actives. The team reaches its final form in pick-3, with Kitty added as well. At that point, things get out of control extremely fast.
    I can see now how they work together, thanks a lot! Unfortunately my Kitty has only 2 covers, but Medusa would work as well, mainly on defense, I think.

As I'm short on CP/LT right now and Prof X is practically covered, I'll hoard and try to cover BRB and Carnage before the latter leaves as they pair very well.

I need 20 covers of 4*Iceman to get a 13th Bobby or 12 of ME Hulk to get another Loki. I'll eventually get those covers opening LT and targeting theirs 3*/4* feeders. It looks a more viable choice instead of opening Classics. What do you think?
  • TPF Alexis
    Yeah, I'd just go for the feeders. That's how I'm aiming to get my last Iceman cover.
  • bk201
    Thanks for all the help @TPF Alexis!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Check out my 5* ranking guide if you want to get a feel for my thoughts on these characters. 

Loki and Danvers are fun; but won’t likely add anything major to your roster that you are lacking (or at least not once you get Prof finished). Loki/Doom is one of my favorite climbing teams, so there’s that synergy. Storm while not great on her own, is a great partner for many characters, so she has her uses. Iceman is the one I’d prioritize if you play CL10 PVE. He was key for me (paired with Thorkoye) in Meet Rocket and Groot and I imagine will continue to be going forward. His stock rose substantially with these stupid challenge nodes. 

Cap and Wasp are barely 5*s. Bolt is really good. And you have two characters he pairs well with despite massive overlap (Storm/Okoye). I don’t know if you hoard, but I’d consider dropping major CP on a Kitty store or a Bolt store if we get either.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd work on feeding Iceman in the very short term, he is better than average for sure.
  • bk201
    Check out my 5* ranking guide if you want to get a feel for my thoughts on these characters. 

Loki and Danvers are fun; but won’t likely add anything major to your roster that you are lacking (or at least not once you get Prof finished). Loki/Doom is one of my favorite climbing teams, so there’s that synergy. Storm while not great on her own, is a great partner for many characters, so she has her uses. Iceman is the one I’d prioritize if you play CL10 PVE. He was key for me (paired with Thorkoye) in Meet Rocket and Groot and I imagine will continue to be going forward. His stock rose substantially with these stupid challenge nodes.
    Wow! Your 5* ranking guide is very impressive, awesome work! I'll read it as soon as I have time this week.

Prof X is almost champed, just need 2 more 4*Prof covers.

Iceman was key for me too, joined CL10 for those 5*shards, especially BRB and Carnage, but those nodes were brutal after 2-3 clears. Also paired him with Thorkoye and he did the job even at level 435.

Cap and Wasp are barely 5*s. Bolt is really good. And you have two characters he pairs well with despite massive overlap (Storm/Okoye). I don’t know if you hoard, but I’d consider dropping major CP on a Kitty store or a Bolt store if we get either.
    I usually hoard, but spent everything trying to cover Prof X, Iceman and Storm. Since Prof entered the tokens, I kept opening from time to time and ended with a bunch of Carnage covers, which turned out it isn't that bad. It could be better if I had Kitty, for example. I remember she appeared in a recent store, but I hadn't enough to cover her, so kept spending on Prof X.

As you and @ThaRoadWarrior suggested, I'll prioritize Iceman, he'll be very useful in CL10. As soon as I champ Prof X, I'll target 4*Iceman and Mystique.

For now, I think it's a good idea to hoard, the next 5* we'll be announced in the next couple of weeks, so I could open get BRB/Carnage/Sinister or BRB/Sinister/Next 5*. Or I could keep hoarding CP and wait for a store featuring Bolt or Kitty.