defeated her and I still had over 10,000 health left 

so Emma Frost not quite as useless as first feared 

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Or is Karolina just that bad?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Karolina is pretty bad, or at least this set up of her was. Not that it means Emma is any better, the two of them spent most of the time not doing much at all until eventually so much time had passed it was inevitable that Emma had gathered some AP, so I fired her yellow and purple powers and waited a bit and a bit more then I got black and there were some strike tiles and that was that. Karolina did go flying around for a little while and she hit me with her sunbeam blast thing but yeah...Clash of the Shiteones...
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Fully covered Emma, with Stepford Cukoos. Dropped her purple and yellow fairly early and prevented Dean from getting any large array of special tiles. Stole much of her AP and so she never did more than fly and land. Easy and rather one sided. Any win is a good win for the free Token. Next clash will hopefully be more interesting. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Emma benefits from a solo fight as her match damage after playing diamond skin is quite decent 
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    A 1/0/3 Emma had no trouble on the first try, granted that did include a 2* Taskmaster's Sword.

Emma is pretty well-suited to counter Karolina, with her purple cleaning up the shield tile spam, her yellow eventually buffing to reasonable numbers, and the black being worth firing once you have that infrastructure in place. (Even though I didn't personally have that power).

Nothing wrong with getting an easy one, now and then.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I felt a little embarrassed for Karolina, as even though she was getting amazing cascades and tons of usable AP, she never seemed to... well, DO anything noticeable. Sometimes she made weak protect tiles, sometimes she zoomed in the air, and once or twice she hit me with a blasty power that felt like an off-balance slap from an anemic toddler. My Emma didn't do much either (5/2/2, level 188), but she swung Taskmaster's sword around until Karolina took a dirt nap. 

My reward was a saved cover for Mr. Fantastic, so I was about as impressed with the reward as I was with the contestant's performance. I wondered if they were going to go for the ultimate "troll crash" and pit Emma against Talos, but even then his stun might be unbalancing for poor Mrs. Frost.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think that Karolina is as bad as this indicates, but she's not a one on one character by any means. I let her have blue and spent the time while she was airborne pumping out more specials with my yellow and clearing out her Protects with my purple. Eventually I had enough damage going out every turn that she dropped.
    Token waiting for Mr. Sinister.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Should be noted Karolina was only a 210 rather than the full 270 we typically face.  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won on the first try with a Lv144, 4/4/4 Emma with no support, but with the Hollywood Fur Coat & Shades instead of the Substitute Teacher costume.

It was a very green-heavy board throughout, which meant Starchild was doing more than expected damage but eventually the extra diamond skin damage carried the day.

The LT gave a black Carnage.