A New Start

Options
Nalthazar
Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
Hey all,

I just kick-started a new series titled, "A New Start". In it I am starting a brand new MTGPQ account and I will be playing it and documenting the journey until it is top 10 Coalition worthy for all events. I am doing this for a number of reasons. Firstly, I want a fresh take and a fresh experience with the game. I love playing this game. As a player who owns all but 2 cards, I wanted to try to experience the game in a different way than usual. I am a big fan of the Diablo series and I have always liked their implementation of seasons. I see this side-project as something like that. This will not take over for my main account, but simply will provide bonus entertainment and enjoyment. Secondly, it will pose a new challenge. Instead of trying to play through green loops or Omniscience decks I can be properly terrified of cards like Orbs of Warding again. The way the game plays on a newer account is much different, and I like that. Thirdly, it is a way of showing just how much a player's skill impacts the game. A great player can still flourish under the conditions and limitations of a new account. It is an exciting challenge to find answers to threats when your removal options and card limitations for deckbuilding are more limited. 

I am posting this here so that any veterans who are interested in a fresh take on the game like this can join me. I have made a new Coalition with the new account for players who would like to embark on this quest together. It is called "ANewStart" just like the series. Come by my channel and check in for updates and new episodes. Please only join the Coalition with a new account and only if you would also like to have this experience. There are more details in the video. It is a lot of fun. Feeling genuine excitement with each pack pull again because just about anything you pull is going to be better than what the starter Planeswalkers give you is a cool feeling. I will include a link to the first episode here. See you there!

A New Start - Episode 1 - Series Introduction + Origins Story Chapter 1
https://youtu.be/Fcdit18G1SE

Comments

• Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Nalthazar, please don't stop what you are doing. I am really enjoying all of your input and your YouTube channel.
  • Morgoth
    Morgoth Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't try to memorialize the name "A New Start" on a license plate.
  • Nalthazar
    Options
    Morgoth said:
    Whatever you do, don't try to memorialize the name "A New Start" on a license plate.
    I feel like it could work out so well though. Especially if I spelled New as "Nu" so it could fit. Nothing wrong with that...

Nalthazar, please don't stop what you are doing. I am really enjoying all of your input and your YouTube channel.
    Thank you!
  • Nalthazar
    Options
    Episode 2 is up! Here is the link if you are interested:

https://youtu.be/kXNjkkpWYNU
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    @Nalthazar Congrats on getting Featured in the Inbox!!!!
  • Nalthazar
    Options
    @Michael_WC Thanks! I am REALLY excited. I didn't expect my video making to really go anywhere apart from just my friends watching them, so this all is pretty cool. 
  • Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I would like to nominate @Nalthazar for a full time position at d3go. Quality work and dedication to the world of MTGPQ. Thanks for all that you do, your videos are on point. 
  • Nalthazar
    Options
    Haha, cheers! Thanks for the support. I genuinely appreciate it :D@Muhhh