Code Red Vault

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    This vault is really good, considering that 500 shards of 5* cost ~24000 HP and it's only 11250HP for 600 shards here. What's more, it's for a meta 5* and I have not included the rest of the items in there.

I think there are pros and cons of not announcing this in advance. The pros is that players who spent their HP will feel the need to purchase HP with cash because this is an awesome deal. The cons is if they told the players in advance, chances are players will be hoarding their HP, which means less players will spend money to purchase HP.

Feeling confused? Just flip the above and you get the pros and cons from the players' POVs.

What are in the vault?

200 Okoye Shards x 1
    100 Okoye Shards x 4
    LT x 1
    R3 Royal Talon Fighter x 1
    Beginner Support x 5
    4-star covers x 3 (It seems like the 4* covers are the same for all: Juggernaut, Human Torch and IMHB)
    3-star x 8
    Mighty Token x 8
    Elite Token x 10 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like Ice got promoted to the M:TG production team: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81053/brigby-from-mtgpq-to-g-i-joe#latest
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boo for me. Got a 10 pack hoping to get good progress on my 11 cover okoye. Not a single okoye shard for me. What I got was still worth the hp though. 

Latest token (was a shuri. Roundabout progress on okoye lol), two of the 4*'s, 3 mighty tokens (one pull was a 4*), three 3*'s, two support tokens (both dupes).
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like Ice got promoted to the M:TG production team: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81053/brigby-from-mtgpq-to-g-i-joe#latest
    So does that mean @DAZ0273 and @bluewolf are our new mods?  They posted the red vault info and R194 notes, respectively. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    My Okoye has been sitting at 5/2/5 for what feels like forever. Pulled the trigger on this vault without even thinking. Not only got everything in the vault, a champed Okoye, but one of the support tokens gave me a 4 star Arc Reactor support. Pretty satisfied overall.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looked like a decent deal, and I had the HP available.  I didn't have the Royal Talon Fighter support, and have Okoye set as favourite (still working towards 13 covers for her).  It only cost 150 HP extra to pull 10-packs rather than a 40-pack, so I thought I'd see if I could get lucky.  Unfortunately I needed all four 10-packs to get all the shards.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    My Okoye has been sitting at 5/2/5 for what feels like forever. Pulled the trigger on this vault without even thinking. Not only got everything in the vault, a champed Okoye, but one of the support tokens gave me a 4 star Arc Reactor support. Pretty satisfied overall.

How funny, I also got a 4* Arc Reactor (my first 4* Support).
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really wanted that rank 3 Royal Talon Fighter for my Okoye, because mine was only rank 1 and the upgrade would be really welcome. Got it in the last pull of my 2nd 10-pack, so I'm not complaining, especially since I also pulled a Juggs cover and (iirc) 400 Okoye shards.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:
    He means an Upcoming announcement that this vault would be forthcoming. That would help people plan their expenditures.

I was Literally just about to spend HP this morning since Okoye is featured in my Shards store. Happy coincidence is that I'd much rather spend it in this vault now, and I'm glad I got busy at work and delayed my original spending. 

Had the dev's announced this vault a few days prior to it opening, many players would appreciate the advanced notice. 

You know, the same way Walmart or Target or Amazon say "hey, we're going to offer this item in 3 weeks for 40% less, so don't spend your money now..."

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not surprised they didn't tell us about the vault prior to it opening.

Most of the past "heads up" information re: bundles, vaults, etc are about standard offers, like a 5* release vault or whatever.  This is a Good Deal and therefore the kind of thing they keep hidden until it's live so as not to cannibalize sales prior to it becoming available.  Standard practice.

It is a bit surprising, or at least a break with past practices, to not see an official post about the vault here.  Yes, almost all the players who care log in every day anyway etc, but who knows? Maybe there are some players who aren't logging in, or just play casually but want an Okoye cover and would spend on it, etc.  It's something you want to sell to people, you should use every available avenue to promote it.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    RickOShay said:
    He means an Upcoming announcement that this vault would be forthcoming. That would help people plan their expenditures.

I was Literally just about to spend HP this morning since Okoye is featured in my Shards store. Happy coincidence is that I'd much rather spend it in this vault now, and I'm glad I got busy at work and delayed my original spending. 

Had the dev's announced this vault a few days prior to it opening, many players would appreciate the advanced notice. 

You know, the same way Walmart or Target or Amazon say "hey, we're going to offer this item in 3 weeks for 40% less, so don't spend your money now..."

I like apples, but they have nothing on oranges.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    One sure point is that we'll have a 5* Release HP-based store in about a week. Certainly by a week from Thursday anyway. That's a reasonably 'big' store to hope people get spending their HP stashes now, so that they may spend $$ then.

I have to think it would have worked for more real spending if they had the 5* store prior to this Code Red vault.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    One sure point is that we'll have a 5* Release HP-based store in about a week. Certainly by a week from Thursday anyway. That's a reasonably 'big' store to hope people get spending their HP stashes now, so that they may spend $$ then.

I have to think it would have worked for more real spending if they had the 5* store prior to this Code Red vault.

Maybe the character will actually be meta/worth chasing? People who busted their HP hoards on Code Red won't be too upset about missing opportunities to cover the next Carbage.But if it's a REALLY good character? Maybe some incentive to replenish.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    RickOShay said:

Maybe the character will actually be meta/worth chasing? People who busted their HP hoards on Code Red won't be too upset about missing opportunities to cover the next Carbage.But if it's a REALLY good character? Maybe some incentive to replenish.
    I guess, but the vault costs, at most ~11k HP, while actually getting a substantial number of covers for a new 5* from those 1/250 heroic offers costs a whole lot more. I would expect to spend more than 11k HP just getting a single cover for a new 5* from those tokens (though undoubtedly some lucky players will get lucky on their first token).  Seems like the only overlap between those who might want the Code ared vault, and those who will spend for 5* covers from heroics are those who use buy clubs and have plenty of spare HP lying around.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Free token was the Talon fighter, I was chuffed.
    Pulled a ten pack and got Hulkbuster and a support token but no shards, slightly bummed.
    Redeemed enough Tacos to pull again (picking up 4*R&G in the process) and pulled a second ten pack.  Much more like it with Juggs, Hammond, another support token, the latest token, 100 shards and the grand prize of 200 shards.  Then I disappeared from the vault and all that was left was just my smile.
  • ROY84
    ROY84 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I liked it. Got an okoye cover, 3* support, Jugg and some 3* covers with about 3,900hp spent. Not terrible honestly. It could have gone much worse but thankfully I pulled all the okoye shards save for one 100 on 14 pulls. I wanted the support too so that was icing on the cake. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took another few pulls this morning, ended up with 100 shards for Okoye, but also the last Hulkbuster I needed to cover Rescue. In retrospect I am probably better off not pulling for more Okoye shards, since I needed 250 and Shuri is grinding towards her 300th cover. I'll probably stop now that I got all the 4*s from it and just have 100 dead shards on Okoye for the rest of my life lol.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't buy from this vault, but I'm glad to finally see one without a load of 2*'s and a sprinkling of everything else. Looking forward to more of these vaults in the future!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    rawfsu said:
    I didn't buy from this vault, but I'm glad to finally see one without a load of 2*'s and a sprinkling of everything else. Looking forward to more of these vaults in the future!
    Ditto