Code Red Vault

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
Wow...so you can pretty much buy a 5* cover for Okoye here...

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Any chance of a beta ray one of these. In fact one of these with every new release. That’s an absolute bargain. Bin the shard store and just more of these.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just wish I had more spare HP because this must be one of the best vaults in MPQ history.
  • Kungfullama12
    Kungfullama12 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Pulled the 3* Royal Talon Fighter on my free token. Shame I already have one and was instead given 7,200 red iso-8 on top of the 800,000+ I currently have. Would have loved a 2nd RTF. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Combat dilution with your wallet.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    Combat dilution with your wallet.
    Didn’t cost me a penny. Glad there’s something to spend my excess HP on thats worth it and not RNG based. I’ve been asking for this for a long time.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Not even going to bother pulling the free one.  I know I'll pull whatever the worst **** in the vault is and it's too pricey to spend hp on.  It can join the many stockpiled vault tokens I have.  Maybe if they add shards to vault pulls I'll start using them since at least then I know I'll get something out of it.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bought a 10 pack and got her support, Juggs, 200 Okoye shards, 3* Cyclops, three mighty tokens and two elites and then the free token got me a beginner support. Solid.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Worth it for the talon fighter.  But probably not the shards (unless you are at 12 covers, or need less than 100 shards for another useful cover).
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    With 40K HP and a 4/5/2 Okoye this was the best news of the day and maybe of the year (unless we get a similar Kitty offer).

Bought 3 10 packs + free token and got 500 Okoye shards, all the 4* covers and all the L1 support tokens (which I will open when the supports rotate to better options). I already have a L3 RTF so happy I didn't get a duplicate. The only thing left in the final 10 items I want is another 100 shards which for 2800 HP is the same cost as buying 5 20 shard offers so there is no point in getting it just for the extra 3* covers + 1 mighty token it would give me.

Saving the 500 shards since I don't know which cover of hers I need to finish her.

KGB
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No brainer for me. Already had Okoye targeted and now only 7 shards from another cover.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got four 4* covers and the 3* support in 11 pulls. Is that..... Is that good? Should I be happy? I feel like I should be happy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I took 4x pulls, got a Support token good for a dupe 1* Tinkerer, a Juggernaut champ level, a 12th cover for Hammond Torch, and a Mighty Token good for a 3* Magneto. I'm 250 shards from a champed Okoye, and the other 4* cover in there is the last Hulkbuster i need to get Rescue champable, so i'm into this vault.
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Pulled the trigger and bought out the vault since I was sitting on 20K HP.  This helped me champ Okoye (that was built at 5/5/2 and gives me a third 5* champ) and leaves me just short of another champ level.

The supports ended up working in my favor. With the tokens pulled a 3* RTF and 3* Kimono beads. I didn't have either going in so RNG was smiling on me today.

Christmas definitely came early (or late?) for me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just popping back in to say it's WILD that this vault showed up with no official mention of it on the official forum.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just popping back in to say it's WILD that this vault showed up with no official mention of it on the official forum.

the pop-up every player got in the game was pretty self-explanatory
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    Just how do the 100,000 other players that don’t use these forums get through the day?

Quite why people seem to want every single little bit of news spoon fed to them is beyond me.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    RickOShay said:
    He means an Upcoming announcement that this vault would be forthcoming. That would help people plan their expenditures.

I was Literally just about to spend HP this morning since Okoye is featured in my Shards store. Happy coincidence is that I'd much rather spend it in this vault now, and I'm glad I got busy at work and delayed my original spending. 

Had the dev's announced this vault a few days prior to it opening, many players would appreciate the advanced notice. 
    Come on you have been using this place long enough to know that had they advertised this three days ago people would moan it wasn’t a week. Again every other player that doesn’t use this forum doesn’t get any heads up. If they want to do stuff like that then don’t do it on here, do it with an in game new announcement. 

Are there other games that do this and let people plan expenditure? Even the big titles I play on Xbox the forums are quiet for news or any real dev input.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    RickOShay said:
    He means an Upcoming announcement that this vault would be forthcoming. That would help people plan their expenditures.

I was Literally just about to spend HP this morning since Okoye is featured in my Shards store. Happy coincidence is that I'd much rather spend it in this vault now, and I'm glad I got busy at work and delayed my original spending. 

Had the dev's announced this vault a few days prior to it opening, many players would appreciate the advanced notice. 
    Come on you have been using this place long enough to know that had they advertised this three days ago people would moan it wasn’t a week. Again every other player that doesn’t use this forum doesn’t get any heads up. If they want to do stuff like that then don’t do it on here, do it with an in game new announcement. 

Are there other games that do this and let people plan expenditure? Even the big titles I play on Xbox the forums are quiet for news or any real dev input.
    Also, today is a US holiday and they are very likely not in the office today. Not that this is an excuse, but they rarely announce these types of special vaults more than a day in advance outside of a larger thing like Anniversary anyway.

I pulled two 10-packs and did alright.

This does make me wonder if this is an attempt to get people to spend HP in advance of something they will also want to spend it on.