America Chavez's Ticket to the Multiverse resolves at start of next move [Investigating]

OzarkBoatswain
OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
edited August 2018 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
America Chavez's Ticket to the Multiverse trap-removal action resolves after the current match ends; and after every other match-end passive has gone off; and also, if the turn has switched to the other team, their round-start passives will also go off before TttM.

This has also caused bugs with survival nodes which have their own thread, but I though I'd 'ticket' this separately.

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to zombie this thread, but I had the same issue today and there wasn't any indication that this was being looked at already or not:
    In a match against three non-tile-moving "goons", I ended my turn with a match 4 which should have triggered Ticket to the Multiverse.  Instead, their countdown tiles resolved (or counted down by 1) and their AP gain occurred before Ticket to the Multiverse resolved, removed the traps and dealt damage.  Unfortunately, I could tell whether this occurred during their turn or if it resolved at the beginning of my next turn.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've actually had a situation where Ticket to the Multiverse failed to trigger, because one of the enemy countdowns that expired (I think it was a Maggia Sniper yellow) took out my only trap on one colour, leaving them on only two colours, so it didn't actually resolve. Very frustrating situation, given how difficult it can be to trigger TttM in the first place.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen TttM resolve at very confusing moments; While it's often immediately or after a cascade, I'm also pretty sure I saw it trigger during the enemy turn one time in the last few days. It's hard to pinpoint sometimes though, unless you're video capturing your match.
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Also happening a bunch in the Sinister Six event with Mockingbird’s Opportunist Power, sometimes taking as long as waiting until after the enemy has made a move before using my power, despite activating at the beginning of the opponent’s turn (usually one of their powers, like Sandman’s ... “Turn tiles yellow” power. Sorry, it’s named differently than the Flint Marko power.
  • ObiWanPEZ
    My situation also means that Mockingbird’s Opportunist could activate on an enemy power’s match-4, the enemy could make a move, downing Mockingbird, and then... what...?
    I haven’t had this happen yet, but now I’m curious.
  • TPF Alexis
    ObiWanPEZ said:
    My situation also means that Mockingbird’s Opportunist could activate on an enemy power’s match-4, the enemy could make a move, downing Mockingbird, and then... what...?
    I haven’t had this happen yet, but now I’m curious.
    If she's downed when it would resolve, it doesn't. I've taken advantage of that to finish her off with combos involving Match-5s in the 5* Essential Node in DPvMPQ.
  • ObiWanPEZ
    So “feature,” not “bug.”
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    Got one pretty nice between Thano5 and Chavez:
    I performed a 4 match to perform my 3rd ticket. The cascade killed an opponent. Court death triggered, stunning Chavez for a turn. Because of this, Ticket to Multiverse did not triggered (so far so good).Next turn, Chavez come back from stun, ticket was triggered, but trap stayed on the field. Continued to play, I triggerd Ticket to Multiverse again 3times dealing nice damage each time before traps been removed.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    Happened to me vs Ultron. Had 3 colours trapped and at end of my turn didn't fire. Unfortunately ultron ate one coloured trap on his turn so then I had 2 remaining. Soo pointless. Plz fix.

Interestingly seemed to fire at end of my turn  vs sentries  :/
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yesterday I had an instance where my move left a 3rd color trap tile for TotM, then the AI's turn started, enemy Daken fires his blue power, and only after that TotM resolved.
  • TPF Alexis
    DeNappa said:
    Yesterday I had an instance where my move left a 3rd color trap tile for TotM, then the AI's turn started, enemy Daken fires his blue power, and only after that TotM resolved.
    As far as I can tell, it resolves after the first thing the enemy team does, whether that's a Countdown ticking down or resolving, a Start of Turn passive resolving, an Active power fired if there aren't any of the previous, or even (potentially) the enemy team's match if they aren't doing anything else, tho I've never actually been in a position for that last case to happen, so it might resolve before that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had it resolve on me after all of Gho5t Rider's Hell Ride tiles ticked down yesterday. My turn started and I watched about half of them do stuff, the other half kind of just blink at the bottom of the board, then got kicked in the face.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Tombstone said:
    @OzarkBoatswain Hey everybody, I've been informed the team is aware of this issue, and is, currently, investigating it. 
    Hey @Tombstone: is this still being investigated? because it cost me placement in the Evergreen tournament. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    chamber44 said:
    Tombstone said:
    @OzarkBoatswain Hey everybody, I've been informed the team is aware of this issue, and is, currently, investigating it. 
    Hey @Tombstone: is this still being investigated? because it cost me placement in the Evergreen tournament. 

It's their #2 priority bug fix... right after fixing the powers firing improperly on wave nodes.