CotT: Vulture flew the coop? Vanilla Iceman v Teen Jean

helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
Contrary to the Sneak Peek, which said this crash would feature Vulture, mine featured Iceman. Then I realized, we already recently had Vulture AND already recently had Agent Venom, which the sneak peek says is coming up next.  I assume this was a copy-pasta error. Regardless, first match Jean kept stealing all my blue and offed me eventually with her magically-appearing pink and green cascades. On the second try, I built a snowman and promptly whacked her with it.

It was a cold day for the future dark phoenix.

PS--If they keep in order, Jean Grey should be next. I wonder if it'll be a rematch and we'll be facing Iceman?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was expecting my champed Iceman to breeze (cool of course) through this first time. Then I got the first board. Why is there no blue? By the time I managed to get Icy to stun Jean, he was down to about 3k left and try as I might I couldn't get any more blue or green to fight back against Jean as she lobbed psychic bullets at my face. OK then! Not that I will need it of course because hello, cheap stun but I'll have +2 b/p AP. That'll fix this! And indeed, Jean was quickly stunned, yay! Now where is the blue? I have green but no blue? She is unstunned...uh-oh...she nearly has both Green AND Purple...panic! Fire green...she isn't slightly bothered. Psychic bullet attack.

By this point I was starting to doubt my own sanity. I have fought hundreds of fights with Iceman. He is awesome. What is going on here? Round 3. I stunned Jean 3 times and still couldn't get enough blue to punch her in the face. And her AP bars are filling up again. Then I managed to fire purple and gather enough green but would it be enough? I totted up the blue on the board and fired! She was still alive with 42 health and flashing AP bars in green and purple! I figured that was that...she hit me with her purple but then...she matched 3! Huh?!?!? Well I didn't hang around and finished her off but that was a lucky escape! It must be Christmas!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed it first time, but only barely. Like DAZ, I had a pretty rough board, with Jean cascading away all the AP I needed, and managing to hit me with both of her AoEs. Finally got the blue for another punch (only surviving so long because a lucky match-4 cleared away the last of her Strike and Attack tiles), and pulled out the win with only a couple hundred HP left.
    Token was a Carbage black. First time I've ever thrown away a 5* cover.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a pretty fun fight between two of the OG heavy-hitters in 4-star land. I was surprised how expertly Jean took down my champed Iceman on the first try - I couldn't get any green or blue AP! The first try I only managed to fire purple once, and no other power. She pounded me into a watery puddle with purple and green. 

The second try went better, but it was still a pretty close fight - I think I was down to about 3k health. I saved up blue until I could do a one-two punch on her, and, followed by a green, knocked her down for the count.

My reward was a good one - a red four-star torch! After I finish off Juggs (one cover to go) he's the next on my list to champ, as I like his abilities and look forward to using him in the Sim.  
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    I expected my 0/2/1 Iceman to have a tough time of it  With no green, and only a 679 blue Punch, most of the damage would again need to come from Taskmaster's Sword. I took +2 blue/purple AP, and max match damage for blue/purple, and green/black.

Since either of Jean's powers would be a OSK, I prioritized purple and green, even though I couldn't use the latter. I took extra care to avoid spawning any potential matches of those as well.

I saved the blue for scenarios where there were multiple purple/green matches, so I could get them both. Also waited to fire purple until I had 6+ blue, again so that I could make sure I could fully capitalize on the results. And I had pretty good board luck as well, downing TJ on my first try.

Token was something non-memorable, Th4nos, I think.

• MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    @helix72 The Sneak Peek is copy-pasted from last month's equivalent dates and for whatever reason hasn't been fixed, so don't expect Agent Venom in the next Crash either. Deadpool is slated to go on sale in H4H in a few hours so I would expect that to be the next Crash.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    @MorganWick not saying you're wrong (I now see the H4H offer for Deadpool), but it's very odd as he was just featured on 09/20/2019 and to repeat him again so soon is unusual. That plus they've been (roughly) going in order and Jean Grey should be next. It'll be interesting to see what pops up in the morning.