MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2019 Edition (Updated 12/24/19)

Comments

• RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    2 solo events, new pvp events that sound interesting, and the shield training required characters have been around a while.  Great stuff!
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Savory (12/19/19) *New Update*

3-Star Required: Vision, Dr Strange, Thanos, Hawkeye, Star-Lord

Sweet (12/24/19) *New Update*

3-Star Required: Elektra, Gambit, Angel, Black Panther, Magneto
    @IceIX Is this correct? This looks like the DDQs from the 19th and 24th of last month, and the Crash and Behemoth Burrito teams are the same as last month as well. Based on the normal pattern the round starting 12/19 should be Sentry, Punisher, Blade, Wolverine, and Human Torch, while the round starting 12/24 should be Colossus, Cyclops, Hood, Doc Ock, and Thor.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    I'm a little disappointed at how many families were overlooked for the Reunions event.

Magneto/Quicksilver/Wanda
    Colossus/Illyana Rasputin
    Cyclops/Jean Grey/Cable
    Reed Richards/Sue and Johnny Storm

I would even throw Ben Grim along with the last one. I mean, longtime bachelor friend that lives in your house and helps raise your kid is a kind of family, isn't it?

Edit: oh, also Rogue/Mystique/Nightcrawler. A kind of disfuncional family, but what are the holidays for if not to make up for past mistakes?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Savory (12/19/19) *New Update*

3-Star Required: Vision, Dr Strange, Thanos, Hawkeye, Star-Lord

Sweet (12/24/19) *New Update*

3-Star Required: Elektra, Gambit, Angel, Black Panther, Magneto
    @IceIX Is this correct? This looks like the DDQs from the 19th and 24th of last month, and the Crash and Behemoth Burrito teams are the same as last month as well. Based on the normal pattern the round starting 12/19 should be Sentry, Punisher, Blade, Wolverine, and Human Torch, while the round starting 12/24 should be Colossus, Cyclops, Hood, Doc Ock, and Thor.
    It also said vulture was next crash, but in game its iceman, so I suspect copy pasta to blame 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    Very looking forward to Fesitval of Fights. 
    Certainly at some point it will be all Jessica or 5* Prof-X , but the climb will be very fun and different.

No Team-Up tiles at all seems to favor characters with board effects or shuffles. Prof-X purple purple should be crazier than usual. I'm also hoping that Doom yellow and IM46 blue do well. 

No Stuns = Yay no Bishop or Hammer Cap

Oh wait, is BRB still boosted for this one?  ;(
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    whoah, this 1-v-1 pvp should really be interesting. Time to cross-reference the Best-in-Tier lists for sure lol. I'd really been hoping Sakaar would have been in that format.

Should we have a sub-challenge of trying to win a match with every character on your roster before it closes?
  • RickOShay
    whoah, this 1-v-1 pvp should really be interesting. Time to cross-reference the Best-in-Tier lists for sure lol. I'd really been hoping Sakaar would have been in that format.

Should we have a sub-challenge of trying to win a match with every character on your roster before it closes?
    I'd love that challenge, but MMR will make that effort impossible unfortunately.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    RickOShay said:

I'd love that challenge, but MMR will make that effort impossible unfortunately.
    Trying to win a match with 5* Wasp should be challenge enough....
    Maybe struggle even on the seed teams.... 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    RickOShay said:

Trying to win a match with 5* Wasp should be challenge enough....
    Maybe struggle even on the seed teams.... 

Really? I'd think that one on one, no one would be able to endure when she CALLS THE SWARM!
    Seriously, tho, she can handle seed teams just fine with match damage alone.
    Also, I nominate "NOkoye" as the nickname for Festival of Fights ;)
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Thank you developers for sticking with older 4 stars in SHIELD Training!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    So does that mean that in Festival of Fights we just have 6 tile types and not 7? What happens if you run 2* Capt Marvel and try and use her Yellow? Will it fire or be disallowed?

In addition to 5* Prof-X, the invisible characters (Howard/Miles etc) and the airborne characters (Vulture) who will be almost unkillable if you can't match the invisible tile or Vulture gets going (there will be tons of Black for him).

I wonder who the boost list is for this.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    That no team ups means that you can’t summon a team up, just like in a crash, not that team up is excluded from the board
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Fighting 40k to 60k HP enemies in Reunions is something new. It's 20k to 30k HP enemies in PvPs usually.

I think half-health Thor could be the MVP for single PvP. Also, 5* Doom, BRB, C4rol, Rogue could be another as well.

Invisible characters will be a pain too.

Edit: just saw no stun and no teamup tiles.
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    The Sneak Peek says Vulture is up next for Crash, but the Heroes for Hire preview is Ice Man. I'm assuming the Sneak Peek is in error at this point.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    ST with 3 'older' characters that I have at least at 209  :)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Festival of fights off the top of my head

5* Tier:

Captain America (IW)
    Doctor Doom
    Professor X
    Thor
    Jessica Jones
    Beta Ray Bill
    Daredevil

Might surprise you: Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Spider-Man (PP), Green Goblin

Notable exclusions: Okoye, Kitty, Hawkeye!

4*
    Spider-Man
    Vulture
    Miles Morales
    Ghost
    Riri Williams
    Nova
    Wolfsbane
    Yondu
    Captain Marvel
    Rogue
    Moon Knight
    Iron Man

Juggernaut, Grocket, and Chavez are all maybes for me

Might surprise you: Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Taskmaster, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, The Hulk (ME), Venom (AV), X-23

Notable exclusions: Bishop, Captain America!
  • RickOShay
    edited December 2019
    Great list. I agree on most everyone. Glad to take on a new event with fewer annoyances! (bishop, gritty, etc). 

I'm thinking 5* Hawkeye will be just fine, even with his first arrow doing zilch. Pit him against an enemy that doesn't have a blue ability and you'll likely exhaust all arrows & possibly end with some bow jabs. 

Looking forward to IM46 blue. With no TU on the board his Girl Friday against a non-red strongest enemy could produce cascade heaven.

I'll add 5* Marvel to the might surprise you list. Sure her airborne will cost you repeater turns, but that health burst and avoidance of enemy damage can be quite favorable.
    Hela also. Each green hit will target the 1 enemy for just 8 AP, and she will punish them if they get green to 10+. Mean red and black combo.
    And Banner!! How annoying to try to stop just 6 Green and transforming all the time. 20 minute match! :)

I'd go ahead and add ME Hulk to the 4* list. His powers are expensive but even his yellow will shine here (powerbomb will not be short of excellent too). Each CD will certainly hit the single enemy for damage, gen AP, or gain a small health burst. I expect he will be quite good, and still has that tricky tile swap to deal with. 

There's another 5* that I believe will do quite well but I'm not going to mention much until I can test it out. Many are expecting this character to be fully nerfed by the specific rules of this event, but the other power(s) will be excellent. 
    Edit: added further here as to address Daredevil's post below.