Wolfsbane and MODOK in tokens

MegaBee
MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
Time to crack the Heroics open now that I can actually target Wolfbane.

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Now if only I could BH them both rather than shard one.  The shard progress feels so glacial.  My 5x 10 packs had a reasonable chance of a 4* BH, didn't really care which one of the 2 I got it for. 

I've given up on sharding Mysterio, 173 wasted shards on him (5/2/5, I'll now wait for the natural cover).  He was my only target to finish while the other 2 were locked.  Sharding champed 4* isn't a worthwhile pursuit IMHO.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm starting with Rahne and just crossing everything I can cross hoping that they don't skip her and go directly to MODOK for the next Shield training.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) Already opened everything under false information on how retroactive rewards would be handled.  So... no hoard to speak of anymore.

2) Conventional wisdom would say to build up a hoard and not open anything until the next Shield Training is announced.  That way you don't have to cross anything.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor

2) Conventional wisdom would say to build up a hoard and not open anything until the next Shield Training is announced.  That way you don't have to cross anything.
    You're not wrong, but I really dislike sitting on a hoard.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) Already opened everything under false information on how retroactive rewards would be handled.  So... no hoard to speak of anymore.

I kept my CP behind cuz I knew I needed Rahne and MODOK covers.  Guess I have to switch away from my 364 TA Hulk Shards for a month or two now.

Progress!  #SMH
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Need to finish spidey2099 first, 374/400. Then need to decide who to target next out of wolfbane and modok
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I targeted modok and gained nearly 3 covers for him from shards but didn’t pull a single cover for him, and I got several for Rahne. So it worked out so far. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'm focusing on adding covers to the feeder for Kitty. I'll sit out getting a free cover from S.H.I.E.L.D. Training if they require MODOK or Wolfsbane as a required in the next S.H.I.E.L.D. Training out of principal that they aren't giving us any headway as to who we should target. I'm better off getting the yellow cover for Kitty that's a reward from Emma Frost in four covers anyway to help my play style and just taking forever to find the additional 5 covers for Modok and Wolfsbane it's going to require to champ each of them. I'm down to four (soon to be three) non limiteds in 4 stars to champ anyway, and most of them are bottom of the barrel (cough cough Talos/Mysterio cough cough). 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Pongie said:
    Need to finish spidey2099 first, 374/400. Then need to decide who to target next out of wolfbane and modok
    Same here, but I'm at 349/400. That only gets me to 12 covers on Sp2099, though, so I have to decide if I need to finish him first or move to Wolfsbane/MODOK.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Same here, but I'm at 349/400. That only gets me to 12 covers on Sp2099, though, so I have to decide if I need to finish him first or move to Wolfsbane/MODOK.
    It would have been 12 covers for me too but he came up in the the hp shard offer and I got a cover that way. What's everyone thinking between Wolfsbane and MODOK?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolfsbane Black in Shield Sim progression if it helps anyone one way or another. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Looks like Wolfsbane is probably going to be the essential character in shield training.  I remember someone mentioning that they noticed that the 4* cover in sim seems to always turn out to be the required character.

I doubt anyone keep track of all the covers that have been placed in shield sim since shield training was introduced. So, it's difficult to verify that.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Wolfsbane Black in Shield Sim progression if it helps anyone one way or another. 
    I was under the impression from the holiday celebration announcement that that was going to be a spider ham cover so I’m a bit confused/disappointed 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:

Now if only I could BH them both rather than shard one.  The shard progress feels so glacial.  My 5x 10 packs had a reasonable chance of a 4* BH, didn't really care which one of the 2 I got it for.

I was kind of curious whether this was actually true, or if it is just a rose tinted view of the old system.

Looking at the heroic token odds, you've got a 1:14 chance of pulling a 4* cover, and a 1:4 chance of pulling a 3* cover, with the remaining pulls being 2* covers. Given that bonus covers are never 2*, the odds that a bonus cover will be a 4* is about 22%.

A 10-pack had 1:10 odds that each pull would give a bonus cover, or a 2.2% chance of a 4* bonus hero.  So there was about a 20% chance that you'd get at least one 4* bonus hero cover from a 10-pack.  Alternatively, you could think of each pack averaging out to awarding 22% of a 4* cover.

Under the new scheme each 10-pack awards you exactly 10% of a 4* cover (40 shards). So you are indeed correct that your 10-packs are not producing as many bonus covers as they used to. It's about half of what the old system gave.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have given up on sim training so will now just shard to 370 the ones I want. I usually need 5 covers and get them from BH and just about keep up. Since shards I’ve earned one and a half four star.

Its pointless even trying to keep up unless I break hoard at the same time.

I would like the devs to look at the stats on how many less people get that ST cover in the coming few months.