• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Co-sign 
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Nice write up @Daredevil217
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Daredevil217 great write up!!  I posted this on page 25 of the shard thread but this seems like a great place to repost this.  

I have played this game everyday for 2016 days.  I run 3 ally's with one of them being a top 10 PVE ally.  I am also a top 5 SL 9 pve player ever since they killed tapping (which needed to die a horrible death).  I have 394 roster slots with my highest character at 516. 

Rogue example:

I would like to look at Rogue on my roster.  I have one at level 370 and one at level 286.  In the champ system that has been used since they started to update 5* feeders (more on this later), I would have received 7 covers for my 494 Gambit.  In this update I received 2 covers and 500 shards, which is minus 4 covers under the system that we have only known.  Now, Rogue was released into the game on September 2017 that means it took me 2 years+ to get to the levels I currently have.  With today's token pulls and dilution it would take me almost 3 years to make the same type of progress. 

5* Feeder system:

The feeder system for 5* was established in November 2017 by Demi/D3.   This brought huge joy to the player base.  This same feeder system was used 20 times and this is all we have ever known.  They just didn't do this 1 time and say, oh well it is too much.   They have made this their Standard Operating Procedure since the time it was released and did it 20 times in 2 years.  In fact the last feeder was in July 2019 and it followed the same exact way all feeders have. 

This is why a lot of people are very upset at this change.  They did not lay this out clearly and if they were going to do a wholesale change, they needed to make sure and clearly say this.  This did not happen and in fact they made a last minute change to the post less than 12 hours before the update when live.  This is not right.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor

This is why a lot of people are very upset at this change.  They did not lay this out clearly and if they were going to do a wholesale change, they needed to make sure and clearly say this.  This did not happen and in fact they made a last minute change to the post less than 12 hours before the update when live.  This is not right.

So would you be OK with it if they had communicated it in advance? My guess would be no.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    For me as a baby 4 roster (not many even over level 300 that are champed) and with no champed 5s, the glaring omission was the shards rewards for secondary feeders I never received at the 3-star level that really stung. I get not getting the shards for characters that already had a feeder from my 3-stars, as I already had those covers, but to not get any of the shards on a 4-star character that has a new secondary feeder was the biggest sucker punch. Champing a 3 star still takes a fair amount of resources to do, and to not get those rewards hurt my smaller roster, especially as some of those 4 stars might be a cover or two away from feeding a 5-star. I know it's a game, and I enjoy playing, but paired with the shuttering of support circuit and taking away bonus heroes instead of adding to them, it's hard to even recommend this game to other people who see me play an awful lot of it in my spare time. I have issues with some of the shards rewarded at the 4-star level as well, as by the looks, I'll have a few characters shy of reaching the 500 to roster a new level when I get to those benchmarks. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    [...] So would you be OK with it if they had communicated it in advance? My guess would be no.

Here is a visual metaphor for Scenario 1: Being told what's for dinner, knowing we won't like the taste of it

Here is a visual metaphor for Scenario 2: taking something nobody will like and then candy coating it such that it presents like a treat. Some people kind of smell the difference, but nobody is sure until they take that first awful bite...

This is libel against delicious delicious onions!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I considered using the “this cookie isn’t chocolate chip at all, it’s...oatmeal raisin!!” Example as an alternative
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker

Which brings us to today. Mass confusion ensues from people as to why they are not getting the rewards they thought were coming based on their interpretation of the vague late-night update. A compete nerfing of retroactive feeder rewards with no explanation- when we already had nerfs in progression rewards and number of bonus pulls. A complete deviation of precedent that had been established with no notification of the change so we could plan accordingly. 

Not only that, we were specifically told:

Update! I promised you information on how the retroactive rewards would work, and I’m here to deliver! For those of whom are familiar with the normal process when we change Champion rewards, the rewards are going to be done a bit differently this time around. We would like to ensure that players who are progressing towards a power level will continue to have that progress. At the same time, for 4-Star characters that are receiving all-new rewards, we want to ensure that players receive those rewards for the level they have reached.

And that was CLEARLY not the case.