Sort by shards

Now that handfuls of shards are being arbitrarily thrown around, there really needs to be a way to sort your roster by who has unused shards.  I know the three characters I favorited but a week from now, I'll have forgotten who has half a cover worth from the new reward system and when it comes time to shift a favorite, I don't want to have to manually go through my entire roster trying to figure out where best to direct new shards.

Please add a way to sort by shards.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes please! Or at least some kind of indicator on the Roster page that a Character has Shards.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes please! Or at least some kind of indicator on the Roster page that a Character has Shards.
    The favourite and the full cover items are fine, but it needs another colour for partially filled, if numbers would be tricky to fit on the UI then just have the symbol gradually fill up in another colour such as yellow to show shard progress. 
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Yeah, just to be clear, sort by "who can I level" is nice (thanks for that) but doesn't address the problem of having to manually go through dozens of characters to see which ones should be favorited.  After the latest shard explosion, there's no way I'm going to be able to keep track of which character I want to target next once I get the thirteenth cover I'm saving up for now.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    LHammer said:
    Yeah, just to be clear, sort by "who can I level" is nice (thanks for that) but doesn't address the problem of having to manually go through dozens of characters to see which ones should be favorited.  After the latest shard explosion, there's no way I'm going to be able to keep track of which character I want to target next once I get the thirteenth cover I'm saving up for now.

Agreed.  With 280 characters in my roster, it's not even worth my time to go through and apply the levels that the retro-shards gave me.  Right now, I'll wait until I get a cover and when I apply that, if there is a level for shards, I'll do them then.
  • TPF Alexis
    Crowl said:
    The favourite and the full cover items are fine, but it needs another colour for partially filled, if numbers would be tricky to fit on the UI then just have the symbol gradually fill up in another colour such as yellow to show shard progress. 

Ideally, it should be done some other way than colour. A higher percentage of the population than you might think are colourblind to some extent.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Crowl said:

Ideally, it should be done some other way than colour. A higher percentage of the population than you might think are colourblind to some extent.

I am colorblind (Strong Protanope for those that understand the different types).  It's not impossible to use colors, but they need to be vetted.

/Turns on colorblind mode on his phone.  It drives my alliance mates nuts because the colors look so off to them...
  • TPF Alexis
    abmoraz said:
    Crowl said:

I am colorblind (Strong Protanope for those that understand the different types).  It's not impossible to use colors, but they need to be vetted.

/Turns on colorblind mode on his phone.  It drives my alliance mates nuts because the colors look so off to them...

Yeah, there's def a bunch of variation there. It's just one of the general principles of accessible design to not rely on colour alone. Of course, MPQ falls down on those in a few other ways as well, with stuff like the weird hitboxes for some nodes.