CotT: Fishbowl turned arachnid terrarium - Mysterio vs Spider-Man

How did you do?

More importantly, how did you do it? I ask for a friend who has a 2/2/4 Mysterio leveled to 168 (max).

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    my 5/3/5 level 281 Mystie just had to wait for blue tiles to turn to trap tiles and it was smooth sailing from there
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,549 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 109 2/3/5 Mysterio managed to do this second time with an Elements Guns support which boosted yellow damage and gave me special tiles and fortification of the same. I also used +2 boost y/r and b/p AP. I wasn't expecting yellow to be the MVP but with Spidey the only target 1v1 it hit every time AND it ignored his protect tiles whilst healing me. Not easy and I probably got a bit lucky but that felt quite nice.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    For me the main focus was on getting purple. Being invisible, while still being able to move tiles is very useful. Match some blue trap tiles and things should go down pretty well.
    The yellow which I normally wouldn't use (bc it hurts your own team too) is also quite useful in 1v1.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him on the 2nd try with my 209 Mysterio. On the 1st go around, he kept lucking into all the blue and stunning me. I had to use the new 'cheat' feature to interrupt his turn when he got enough Yellow to nuke me. Thanks to that cheat feature I force closed the app and restarted.

2nd time in with only 5K health left (I didn't bother with a health pack) I was the one who got the Blue which kept him mostly stunned. Also getting Yellow finally allowed me to steal his health and I won with 3K health left.

If you manage to get the Blue/Yellow before he does you can win with a 168 Mysterio. Esp if you have any decent support to equip.

KGB

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, denying blue/yellow is key. These ones with full colour overlap can be kind of awkward like that, especially against an opponent with three Actives. Staying Invisible and matching Traps did it for me, but that was with a Champed Mysterio. Not sure how I'd approach it with fewer purple covers and not being able to spend so much of the time Invisible.
    Token was an X-verine champ level.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    147 0/4/2 Mysterio got it on like the 7th or 8th try.

I'm remarkably stubborn on CotT so even if my character doesn't seem to stand a chance I'll still keep trying. My first 4 or 5 matches I kept wiping because Blue didn't do enough damage and I didn't have a Purple cover to go invisible so I never bothered during Yellow.

And then I looked at Yellows description and saw that it siphons health from the enemy. THAT was a game changer. 2 matches later I killed Spidey with just that build. It was close though. I really should look up the abilities of these lesser used characters. Would've saved me a few health packs.

LT got me an Iron Spider champ level.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Mysterio was cookin' tonight! To my surprise, I managed it the first time with my level 94 1/2/1 Mysterio. The secret sauce was the level 150 Taskmaster sword - that added almost 500 damage to every match, and made each of Mysterio's traps deal an extra 1100 damage. I focused mainly on denying yellow and purple at all costs. I got stunned a couple of times, but managed to finish him off with the "I have too many blue AP and will now explode, dealing damage" before he got enough yellow to one-punch me, which was rather satisfying. 

My reward was my first saved cover for Wiccan, so if I ever get around to champing him I'll have a legendary token ready to rumble.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Used chewie support to get me through (my Mysterio is 0/3/3) - would have been a very long fight without the damage from those chewie attack tiles
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Used chewie support to get me through (my Mysterio is 0/3/3) - would have been a very long fight without the damage from those chewie attack tiles
    I’m so glad you posted this.  I completely forgot about supports but once Mysterio had Chewie, my 0/2/2 won on the next try (his yellow countdown even stole Spider-Man’s final health to win in style.

The LT gave Invisible Woman so I believe my last three LT’s from Crashes all gave Fantastic Four characters.  Weird...
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    ZootSax said:
    I’m so glad you posted this.  I completely forgot about supports but once Mysterio had Chewie, my 0/2/2 won on the next try (his yellow countdown even stole Spider-Man’s final health to win in style.

The LT gave Invisible Woman so I believe my last three LT’s from Crashes all gave Fantastic Four characters.  Weird...
    Supports FTW!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/1/4 @ Level 135.  Used Boosts for Power; 50% Purple/Blue, 50% Red/Yellow, 100% All Matches.

Kept forgetting to equip a support till after I fought, focused on Yellow, then Purple, then Blue.  If possible any time I had to make a blue match or I knew Spider already had 6 Blue used my Purple it go invisible and waste his stun or increase the damage of my traps.  Cast Yellow anytime I was about to make a Yellow match if I could.  Survived one Yellow attack from Spider.  Limped our with less than 300 health.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Chewie is pretty much the god of CoT.  I don't even pay much attention to who the character is before.  It's just Chewie vs enemy, try not to die back there while the the cat does all the work.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    1/0/1 Mysterio, and I can't believe I almost didn't try this one. With level 2 Taskmaster's Sword, +2 AP boosts in r/y, b/p, and +2 all.

Focused on the yellow and purple, since I didn't have the blue power. Collected blue where I could to deny his stun, and he only got it off once. He never got close to collecting enough yellow, which would have been instant death of course.

Not sure how lucky this effort was, because it resolved on the first try. No one more surprised than me.

I have no Chewie support, but Taskmaster's is awesome as long as you're fighint heroes.

Token was a Th4nos.