POLL: Special Supports???

2»

Comments

• mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I would like them in some events.
    Brigby said:
    mrixl2520 said:
    I dislike that you can't preview what the special supports do before you load into the match. I think it would be helpful to know about them in the deck selection screen where you can read the match objectives.
    I think having an information button in the deck selection / pre-battle screen would certainly be helpful, but there are a couple of other avenues you can also turn to when looking up what special event supports do.

Event Rules
    When you click on the information button containing the event rules, it should also list any unique event supports on each node. Taking Ravnica at War, for example, here is what you'd see in the Event Rules window:

Clicking on each one will bring up the Support details.

Event Details Sub-Forum
    We have an Event Details section of the forum that lists key information for almost every event, such as node objectives, rewards, and special support details. For example, here is the Event Details page for Ravnica at War - Devastation
    Thanks Brigby, I didn't know that was implemented. Complaints retracted!
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    @Brigby
    I had no idea that even scrolled. 

It took me months before I found it the first time, too :smiley:
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:
    bken1234 said:
    @Brigby
    I had no idea that even scrolled. 

It took me months before I found it the first time, too :smiley:
    Can we even trust the info button?  Last time I used it it had the wrong standard sets listed, although that was quite a while ago.  How do we know it has the correct information listed for the event?

(this lack of trust in competent coding is, I feel, the real issue behind a lot of our complaints)
  • Nalthazar
    Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I like them in every event.

And now we have a ton of new events, an XP system that seems to be working out ok (despite not getting any of the follow up improvements we were promised with it), new sets more or less on time, literally every mythic in the game, and a Holiday Sale announcement a full day early, and yet were're still feeling miserable and people are quitting left and right.

I think this is more a byproduct of the reward structure for the events in conjunction with a series of other decisions that the community seems to view as "cash grabs". This has always been a game that has been pretty easy to play as a free to play player. If the reward structure for events continues as it has been set up for Coalitions during the Throne of Eldraine and War of the Spark sets, it will continue to make players feel like that have to spend money on a game that they enjoy and that they used to be able to play for free. Throw in that the Coalition events are high stress due to the competitive nature of the events, make people feel like they are mandatory to play so they can contribute for their friends and communities, take a significant amount of time over the weekend to participate fully in, and have largely nonexistent individual rewards and those players start to develop enmity for the game. They are no longer playing for themselves and their own enjoyment, but are playing for others and engaging in an activity that isn't fun for them. In my opinion, a game should be fun, so I find that I have the most fun by playing events that I find fun. Not everyone is able to do that. The game then becomes a chore. That is why people are still feeling miserable and people are quitting left and right.

If the Coalition events are reworked to have shorter durations and better rewards, I think many players would feel better. Some older players may continue to harbor resentment and maybe more players leave. This is an old game of sorts. It came out I think in 2015? I don't think we are getting the same amount of new players as the game got in its earlier days making it more difficult to replenish the number of people leaving easily. Furthermore, many of us have entrenched ourselves in communities of other players, so when someone leaves, it can feel like you are losing a friend. It isn't easy to replace a friend with a new random person that you're going to have to get to know. That is another element that makes it harder for those of us who have been around for a long time.

My suggestion is to assess if continuing to play this game is something that you personally want for yourself. It it is then find the elements of the game that you truly enjoy and focus on those while providing feedback for the things that you would like to see changed so that the game becomes more broadly fun for you and for your friends. Try to find ways to have fun with it again. After all, at the end of the day this is a game. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nalthazar said:

And now we have a ton of new events, an XP system that seems to be working out ok (despite not getting any of the follow up improvements we were promised with it), new sets more or less on time, literally every mythic in the game, and a Holiday Sale announcement a full day early, and yet were're still feeling miserable and people are quitting left and right.

I think this is more a byproduct of the reward structure for the events in conjunction with a series of other decisions that the community seems to view as "cash grabs". This has always been a game that has been pretty easy to play as a free to play player. If the reward structure for events continues as it has been set up for Coalitions during the Throne of Eldraine and War of the Spark sets, it will continue to make players feel like that have to spend money on a game that they enjoy and that they used to be able to play for free. Throw in that the Coalition events are high stress due to the competitive nature of the events, make people feel like they are mandatory to play so they can contribute for their friends and communities, take a significant amount of time over the weekend to participate fully in, and have largely nonexistent individual rewards and those players start to develop enmity for the game. They are no longer playing for themselves and their own enjoyment, but are playing for others and engaging in an activity that isn't fun for them. In my opinion, a game should be fun, so I find that I have the most fun by playing events that I find fun. Not everyone is able to do that. The game then becomes a chore. That is why people are still feeling miserable and people are quitting left and right.

If the Coalition events are reworked to have shorter durations and better rewards, I think many players would feel better. Some older players may continue to harbor resentment and maybe more players leave. This is an old game of sorts. It came out I think in 2015? I don't think we are getting the same amount of new players as the game got in its earlier days making it more difficult to replenish the number of people leaving easily. Furthermore, many of us have entrenched ourselves in communities of other players, so when someone leaves, it can feel like you are losing a friend. It isn't easy to replace a friend with a new random person that you're going to have to get to know. That is another element that makes it harder for those of us who have been around for a long time.

My suggestion is to assess if continuing to play this game is something that you personally want for yourself. It it is then find the elements of the game that you truly enjoy and focus on those while providing feedback for the things that you would like to see changed so that the game becomes more broadly fun for you and for your friends. Try to find ways to have fun with it again. After all, at the end of the day this is a game. 
    I think the issues are related.  This isn't the first time we've had reduced rewards, yet it is the first time I can remember so many people quitting the game at once.

You are correct that the reduction makes Coalition Events feel more like a job than a game for a lot of people, but I think the reason so many are quitting over it is because they don't trust that even the minuscule rewards they are getting are worth it anymore.

I mean, I haven't opened a new mythic in months (not counting release day of a new set).  Not because I don't open mythics (I mean, I don't open many but I do get them) but because between crafting and Elite Packs I have pretty much every pre-M20 mythic, and a large chunk of the M20 and ELD ones.  Why should I spend 30 hours over the weekend grinding a **** event if all I'm getting out of it are orbs and a handful of jewels?  And when the cards I do craft with those tiny rewards end up just not working anyway or not being useable in events because they don't fit the narrow Secondary Objectives?  Why bother?
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    They add a nice dimension to the monotony of grindy battles, but it does become troublesome to keep track of which event, which node, which ability does what and to design a deck accordingly (if it's even worth bothering to).