Matchmaking system

I don't know the code for the current matchmaking system. Sometimes I get matched with top opponents (i.e. those account profiles belonging to one of the top 10 coalitions), sometimes I get matched with comparatively lower level of competition (basing on the AI cards cast). As a suggestion, in order to make matchmaking more consistent, why not develop a system wherein players will be matched according to: 1) coalition ranking where they belong (e.g.  those 200 players belonging to the top 10 coalitions will be more likely matched); 2) according to card collection (e.g. those with more than 2500  cards will be matched with each other, those with 2000-2499 against each other, etc.); 3) according to profile level (e.g. level 200's vs level 200's, level 150-199 vs level 150-199, etc.). This will prevent newer platinum level players to get matched vs veteran players.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    We've been asking for a modified matchmaking system forever.  I mean literally forever, since before events were even a thing.

There are a lot of options that could possibly work better, but the devs have been pretty clear that they don't see it as an issue.

(also if another tier was added above Platinum it would help too, since most of the old guard players would be there instead)
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:
    if another tier was added above Platinum it would help too, since most of the old guard players would be there instead
    I concur
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker

Having a denominator at 2500 sure makes it seem like something should happen at that point, and it’s quite a lofty goal to reach and find nothing but a bucket and a mop...