Steam Alliance Chat still messed up

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
So, any update devs?  Steam alliance chat is still messed up.  You can't see your full text when typing as the text doesn't scroll and is invisible after your first several words.  Been broken ever since the new engine update and was hoping it would be fixed by now.

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Bump...this still has not been fixed, at least for me yet.  It is very annoying and detracts from the game for me. 

I have yet to see this addressed anywhere from the devs on known issues etc. 
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Bump some more.  This has been an annoyance for far too long.  Something this simple should not have made it past QA testing.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed, this needs to be fixed, imagine not being able to see what you're typing after like 5 or 6 words... 
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 months later... still no acknlodgement or anything, just nothing. Great stuff  :(
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    So this is happening to me now but I'm on iOS.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    So this is happening to me now but I'm on iOS.
    If you mean the invisible texts when we're typing, I've been told by my alliance that it's due to the dark mode on our phone setting.
    Well, still a bug. 
  • grenadier
    It's not dark mode on the Steam version.  Chances are its the same bug, and that has nothing to do with it.

Bug STILL exists.  Come on guys, do some patches to fix some of this basic quality of life stuff.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    On Steam, the chat box doesn't scroll horizontally if your message is too long, it stays at the beginning, so you can't see later text.
    If the iOS bug is that any text is invisible in Dark mode, then that's a different bug.
  • grenadier
    Thanks for the correction.  Reading earlier comments it sounded like iOS had the same scroll bug.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker

The alliance chat on Steam is still messed up. It's just unbelievable, outrageous and sad how the devs don't care about fixing one of the crucial components in the game.

• Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I agree with this, still have the same bug. I only play on Steam version and this has really hurt alliance chat.