MPQ Holiday Events - December 2019 (Updated 12/9/19)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
Marvel Puzzle Quest Holiday Events - December 2019
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

Previous Events

Monday 12/02 (192 Release)

Sales & Gifts:

• Hero Point 30% Bonus Sale - December 02, 2019 – December 09, 2019

• Login Gift: Spider-Ham Shards (x50) - December 02, 2019 – January 05, 2020

• Additional Spider-Ham Shards to will be available in various events throughout the Holiday season

Features

• Brand new Daily Unlock event
  • Three new mechanically different PVPs
  • In-game Holiday Theming
  • Limited Holiday costumes

Monday 12/09

Events:

• Deadpool Daily - Mysterio sneaks in as the Crash of the Titans

• PVE Daily Unlock Event - December 09, 2019 – December 22. 2019

• 12 days of pins, but continues to run for an additional day

• Each pin gives a special prize, including a total of 200 Spider-Ham Shards

Sales & Gifts:

• Holiday Vault

•  December 09, 2019 – December 16, 2019

• 80 Item Vault:

• 1 Legendary token

• 6 Random 4-stars

• 3 1000 hero points

• 8 Iso-8 (1x5000, 2x2500, 5x1000)

• 2x 2000 Red iso-8

• 20 Random 3-stars

• 4 Elite tokens

• 36 Random 2-stars

• 1x/10x/40x Pulls: 400 HP / 3600 HP / 14000 HP

• Login Gift: Token for the Holiday Vault - December 09, 2019 – December 16, 2019

Tuesday 12/10

Events:

• Versus Event - Balance of Power (Fan Favorite)

Sales & Gifts:

• Character Costume Bundle  - December 10, 2019 – December 15, 2019

• $24.99

• Mysterio (Winter Illusion) Costume

• 2200 Hero Points

• 1/1/1 Build of Mysterio

Thursday 12/12

Events:

• Boss Event - Civil War

• Versus Soul Season start

• Standard season

• Same rewards and length as standard, some events will be double Iso-8

• Spiderham as top 4* reward

• Versus Event - Naughty Or Nice

Saturday 12/14

Events:

• Deadpool Daily - Spider-Ham spams the Crash of the Titans

Sunday 12/15

Events:

• Versus Event (NEW) - Reunions

• Limited list of playable characters based on Marvel families

Monday 12/16  (Tentative 193 Release)

Sales & Gifts:

• 4-Star Winter Costume Bundle - December 16, 2019 – December 20, 2019

• 2950 HP

• 4-Star Character Winter Costume

• 3 Heroic Tokens

• 1 Default Cover for 4-Star Character

• 850 Shards for 4-Star Character

Tuesday 12/17

Events:

• Versus Event - Spider-Ham

Wednesday 12/18+

This is now listed in the MPQ Sneak Peek VISIT HERE to see upcoming MPQ Schedule

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    As with the Sneak Peek, I've split this into a text version under the spoiler tag that has massively stretched text due to a current forum bug. Below it is an image version with "proper" formatting. Apologize for the inconvenience!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm interested in the three mechanically different PvPs. Could this be the reincarnation of Fight for Wakanda PvE?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:

Monday 12/02 (192 Release)

Sales & Gifts:

• Hero Point 30% Bonus Sale - December 02, 2019 – December 09, 2019

• Login Gift: Spider-Ham Shards (x50) - December 02, 2019 – January 05, 2020

• Additional Spider-Ham Shards to will be available in various events throughout the Holiday season

Will the 'additional Spider-Ham shards' add up to a full cover?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Fingers crossed that the "more costumes" includes at least one in progression rewards. That's a thing you guys did one time, remember? You could even bring back an old costume that used to be for sale and give people a second chance to get it. Cause art assets don't have expiration dates, you know. And it would be super nice if we could just get some costumes available that don't have their price jacked up by being put in a bundle with other items.

Excited about Holiday stuff, especially since it's starting so early, but "costumes for cash" is a consistently disappointing aspect of this game, and basically the opposite of a holiday anything. Especially with how we can't even get so much as a side-eyed glance as a response, much less a post with words and thoughts.

Anyways, here's the ever wishful-thinking comment about a return of Crash of the Mad Titan, complete with LTs. 
    Its the holiday season. Its the time of the year for the players to give the devs presents!  :D

That comment that popped up during anniversary didn't half give me a chuckle. 
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Couple questions. (Not sure if these have been asked.)
    1. Are shards/might tokens gonna be added to vaults now?
    2. Shards/mighty tokens added to pvp progression? In the 1100 point?

Looking forward to the holidays with the game, it's the time I really look forward and on events and gifts. Best time of the year to be playing the game. Along with anniversary of coarse.

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I hope the 12 days pve offers a 4* cover along the way, thinking back to last year I think it was a taskmaster cover that was awarded.  If we are going from full covers to fractions of covers under the shard system, then I am very much saddened.
    If we do get the (full) 4* cover plus these shards, then I'll be less skeptical of the new system and how rewards will be rolled out.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    Please replace the red iso with mighty tokens (vault does not even have support tokens), at this points almost everyone has their useful supports already maxed out. Cheers! 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    JFisch said:

*cough* FEEDERS *cough*

Is this Holiday Season special enough for a feeder?  I mean the 6 year Anniversary of this game wasn’t so not sure what constitutes a special enough event to make it happen.

Side note, how many feeders are we down verse Last Year?  Do you know
    @bluewolf  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    bluewolf said:
    JFisch said:

*cough* FEEDERS *cough*

Is this Holiday Season special enough for a feeder?  I mean the 6 year Anniversary of this game wasn’t so not sure what constitutes a special enough event to make it happen.

Side note, how many feeders are we down verse Last Year?  Do you know
    @bluewolf  
    If you want to compare calendar years, in 2018 we had 17 feeders established.

It was a bit inflated, maybe, by them leaning into the MCU 10th Anniversary, but I think people were pretty happy with one a month, which would of course have led to 12 for the year.

In 2019 we have had 4 to date.
    Since champ rewards for 4* characters have been introduced in November of 2017 we have gotten 26 feeders. 

So people are not happy with one a month. Because that's 26 months.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:

It was a bit inflated, maybe, by them leaning into the MCU 10th Anniversary, but I think people were pretty happy with one a month, which would of course have led to 12 for the year.

Since champ rewards for 4* characters have been introduced in November of 2017 we have gotten 26 feeders. 

Took me a minute, but my Thursday morning brain got there....

The reintroduction of feeders would go a long way (with me, anyway) towards replacing some of the progress lost from shards replacing BHs.
  • tiomono
    Borstock said:
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:

The reintroduction of feeders would go a long way (with me, anyway) towards replacing some of the progress lost from shards replacing BHs.
    New feeders would be great. I just get a bit annoyed with the "one a month is all we want" crowd. Because since its introduction we have one per month right now.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    Then put me in the "every classic 5* should have a feeder" crowd.

I'd also like to encourage the devs to consider each 3* uniquely feeding two 4*s instead of one.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,240 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Borstock said:
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:

New feeders would be great. I just get a bit annoyed with the "one a month is all we want" crowd. Because since its introduction we have one per month right now.
    Maybe one a month was not sustainable as it would have eventually lead to them catching up.  It was a nice rate.  I don't think it's wrong to complain about something going from once a month to "Holy Cow! So much of what I like!" to "it's been 5 months, what's up?".

I guess we will see what they do next since they've said we'll get them again.  If they start giving out colorless covers via shards maybe the wait will be worth it.
  • tiomono
    Then put me in the "every classic 5* should have a feeder" crowd.

I'd also like to encourage the devs to consider each 3* uniquely feeding two 4*s instead of one.
    I think all 5's should have feeders. I am ready for more. I just dont feel they are being unfair or have abandoned feeders. If we get one this month that will put us just a tad over 1 per month since the beginning of feeders.

I like the idea of 3* feeders giving 6 covers like 4*'s give 6 covers. I would be ok though if it was for one character and not divided between 2.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Come to think of it, instead of adding 3 covers of 4*, they might replace some other non-4* cover rewards with shards of 4* instead. They might also replace othdr rewards with shards of 5*, in addition to 6 covers of 5*.
  • tiomono
    bluewolf said:
    tiomono said:
    Borstock said:
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:

Maybe one a month was not sustainable as it would have eventually lead to them catching up.  It was a nice rate.  I don't think it's wrong to complain about something going from once a month to "Holy Cow! So much of what I like!" to "it's been 5 months, what's up?".

I guess we will see what they do next since they've said we'll get them again.  If they start giving out colorless covers via shards maybe the wait will be worth it.
    But that's what I'm saying. We are at 1 a month since they added feeders right now. They were much faster than one a month but players keep pushing the idea that it was 1 per month when in reality that has never been true until right now. I look forward to seeing what else they will bring.

26 feeders in 26 months is where the numbers stand today.