MPQ Holiday Events - December 2019 (Updated 12/9/19)

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:
    tiomono said:
    Borstock said:
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:
    If you want to compare calendar years, in 2018 we had 17 feeders established.

It was a bit inflated, maybe, by them leaning into the MCU 10th Anniversary, but I think people were pretty happy with one a month, which would of course have led to 12 for the year.

In 2019 we have had 4 to date.
    Since champ rewards for 4* characters have been introduced in November of 2017 we have gotten 26 feeders. 

So people are not happy with one a month. Because that's 26 months.
    Took me a minute, but my Thursday morning brain got there....

The reintroduction of feeders would go a long way (with me, anyway) towards replacing some of the progress lost from shards replacing BHs.
    New feeders would be great. I just get a bit annoyed with the "one a month is all we want" crowd. Because since its introduction we have one per month right now.
    Maybe one a month was not sustainable as it would have eventually lead to them catching up.  It was a nice rate.  I don't think it's wrong to complain about something going from once a month to "Holy Cow! So much of what I like!" to "it's been 5 months, what's up?".

I guess we will see what they do next since they've said we'll get them again.  If they start giving out colorless covers via shards maybe the wait will be worth it.
    But that's what I'm saying. We are at 1 a month since they added feeders right now. They were much faster than one a month but players keep pushing the idea that it was 1 per month when in reality that has never been true until right now. I look forward to seeing what else they will bring.

26 feeders in 26 months is where the numbers stand today. 
    Interpretation may vary. Is it a case of "we expect the overall average for 5* feeders to be once per month" or "here are some 5* feeders, and from here on out we expect to establish a new one once per month"?

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:
    tiomono said:
    Borstock said:
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:
    If you want to compare calendar years, in 2018 we had 17 feeders established.

It was a bit inflated, maybe, by them leaning into the MCU 10th Anniversary, but I think people were pretty happy with one a month, which would of course have led to 12 for the year.

In 2019 we have had 4 to date.
    Since champ rewards for 4* characters have been introduced in November of 2017 we have gotten 26 feeders. 

So people are not happy with one a month. Because that's 26 months.
    Took me a minute, but my Thursday morning brain got there....

The reintroduction of feeders would go a long way (with me, anyway) towards replacing some of the progress lost from shards replacing BHs.
    New feeders would be great. I just get a bit annoyed with the "one a month is all we want" crowd. Because since its introduction we have one per month right now.
    Maybe one a month was not sustainable as it would have eventually lead to them catching up.  It was a nice rate.  I don't think it's wrong to complain about something going from once a month to "Holy Cow! So much of what I like!" to "it's been 5 months, what's up?".

I guess we will see what they do next since they've said we'll get them again.  If they start giving out colorless covers via shards maybe the wait will be worth it.
    But that's what I'm saying. We are at 1 a month since they added feeders right now. They were much faster than one a month but players keep pushing the idea that it was 1 per month when in reality that has never been true until right now. I look forward to seeing what else they will bring.

26 feeders in 26 months is where the numbers stand today. 
    Interpretation may vary. Is it a case of "we expect the overall average for 5* feeders to be once per month" or "here are some 5* feeders, and from here on out we expect to establish a new one once per month"?

Interpretation on 26 feeders in 26 months? They never said how many or how fast they were going to do as far as I know apart from saying they were too fast and going to dial it back.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* feeders happened on 2017 November 20th. So, we are slightly past 24 months 15 days. 26/24.5 = 1.06 feeders per month.
    Starting with R140 on November 20th, we'll be adding 5-stars to Champion Rewards for some 4-stars. Three 4-Stars will be updated in the first batch and more 4-Stars will be updated in the future.
    As usual, there isn't any exact timeframe or promise on the rate of feeders.

I do remember that after the initial appreciation of. 4* feeders, the devs was getting "flamed" quite often for many feeders because they were not choosing "logical feeders". I think it started with one of the lowest ranked 4* feeding a good(?) 5*. 

After a while, things changed and it turned to every (classic) 5* should have a feeder now and latest 5* should have feeder after x weeks or before their PvEs.

The situation now has turned into 4 feeders for this year.

Probably, it's a form of punishment for being greedy.   :D
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    [snip]
    Probably, it's a form of punishment for being greedy.   :D
    Us: Please, Devs, we want some more.
    Devs: Whuuuut!?
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I believe most would be happy if we got a new 5* feeder every month.
    I don't believe most would be substantially happier if we got two in a given month vs one.
    And at the crux of the feeder rate conversation, most seem to be unhappy with getting a bunch and then none for an extended period of time.
    It's been talked about elsewhere, but simply announcing a classic feeder every time a 5* is announced (not necessarily the same day, but on the same cadence) would make a lot of people happy, and that would actually be less than one per month.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been talked about elsewhere, but simply announcing a classic feeder every time a 5* is announced (not necessarily the same day, but on the same cadence) would make a lot of people happy, and that would actually be less than one per month.
    And suppose the devs decided that was what they wanted to do. (Even though we as players have no direct communication on this concern.) They would still be ahead of that pace with where feeders stand right now. 

Yes we are in a very long dry spell. That is leading to more impatience with players wondering what exactly a "special" event is. 5*'s getting feeders is pretty much always appreciated by the players. I'm pretty much of the mindset that the devs releasing a feeder actually is the special event now. If something like the games anniversary passed with no feeder it's too convoluted for players to determine what is special. I do not believe they have given up on feeders but I'm no longer expecting one on any event I may feel is special.

It's sad that feeder talk is distracting from the fact that they are doing 3 new mechanically different versus events. And several other interesting things that feel like even more effort than was put into the anniversary. I am looking forward to all the new efforts they are putting into the game to change things up.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    A fairly consistent one a month would be fine. An average of one a month, with huge clumps and dry spells, is frustrating. It's being able to have at least a vague idea of what the future holds that makes the key difference.
    I also seem to recall IceIX at some point mentioning that the actual reason for the gap was working on Shards and trying to figure out how they wanted Feeders to interact with those. But my memory is questionable, so take that with a big pinch of salt.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    A fairly consistent one a month would be fine. An average of one a month, with huge clumps and dry spells, is frustrating. It's being able to have at least a vague idea of what the future holds that makes the key difference.
    I also seem to recall IceIX at some point mentioning that the actual reason for the gap was working on Shards and trying to figure out how they wanted Feeders to interact with those. But my memory is questionable, so take that with a big pinch of salt.
    Heh.  And Boom!  We now have feeders for everyone but the two newest.

I wonder how they'll handle it in the future, though...
  • crackninja
    Just wanted to pop back in and give thumbs up now that we see we are in fact getting 4* covers us spider-ham shards.  Very happy this is an add on vs a takeaway.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    got a spider woman from my free token; no daily deals in the winter vault make it feel pretty expensive otherwise I'd throw some hp at it. as it is, i'm eyeing that HFH cover for Spider-Ham coming up though.
  • Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Oof poor choice making the winter vault not having any daily deals. Completely killed my desire to pull with hp at all lol
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I had the HP, I'd totally buy out that vault. Got a bunch of good 4* in mine. But, I currently have about 20HP, so that's not happening.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    Updated the post through 12/17. On to updating Sneak Peek for the same time!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    So 193 is next week?
  • crackninja
    Intrigued by the new reunions pvp, all for trying something different
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hp costume bundle is a good looking deal
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    It's an illusion. The character is probably Talos.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    It's an illusion. The character is probably Talos.
    I can say without a doubt that the character in question is not Talos.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Thursday 12/12

Events:

• Boss Event - Civil War

• Versus Soul Season start

• Standard season

• Same rewards and length as standard, some events will be double Iso-8

• Spiderham as top 4* reward

I kinda assumed this meant for the season there’d be a spider ham. Instead we got Rahne?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    grumbLEGO said:
    Thursday 12/12

Events:

• Boss Event - Civil War

• Versus Soul Season start

• Standard season

• Same rewards and length as standard, some events will be double Iso-8

• Spiderham as top 4* reward

I kinda assumed this meant for the season there’d be a spider ham. Instead we got Rahne?

I fell like they didn't communicate it right, but you'll be able to get Spider-Ham from placement in "Reunions" and progression in his PVP which follows that.