Old topic, new thread: character rebalancing

Options
Glockoma
Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
Welcome back to another episode of Old Topic, New Thread. 

Character rebalancing. Not a new subject; It might even be a dead horse...zombie horse...but who cares! 

The question is, would you find that an across the board damage/health adjustment for the 5* tier bring old blood to new life? 

Comments

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Board damage and health would help, but there's limitations in mechanics that diminish their usefulness. Phoenix comes to mind. Her green needs a damage boost too to justify the convoluted way it's required to work.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would LOVE to see a true rebalance, and have it be accompanied by one of the Character Design Blogs we've been seeing for new characters explaining what was done and why.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OML - return his healing to how it was before, at least for levels 3 - 5. Change his black so that it doesn't end the turn, at worst it should stun him for 1 turn when he transforms - JJ does 12k damage and puts out 2k of strike tiles where his puts out 2.4k worth of tiles for 9ap. Still slow to transform though. 
  • omen
    omen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mrcl25 said:
    For me, they should stop releasing new characters for a while, and focus on "rereleasing" older ones every two weeks, with special stores and boss events for 5*s, shield training for 4*s... also rereleased 5*s should enter latest again. Give us a chance to catch up on older characters, and a reason to use them by making them better with the rebalances.
    This. Great idea. But unfortunately no $$$ means no go.
    If they had special offers and stores after a 5* rebalance they'd make money. I think it's a great idea to rebalance the older 5s! It would make the game much more exciting for players with 5 star rosters.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    omen said:
    Mrcl25 said:
    For me, they should stop releasing new characters for a while, and focus on "rereleasing" older ones every two weeks, with special stores and boss events for 5*s, shield training for 4*s... also rereleased 5*s should enter latest again. Give us a chance to catch up on older characters, and a reason to use them by making them better with the rebalances.
    This. Great idea. But unfortunately no $$$ means no go.
    If they had special offers and stores after a 5* rebalance they'd make money. I think it's a great idea to rebalance the older 5s! It would make the game much more exciting for players with 5 star rosters.
    Yeah, I don't see why they couldn't make money this way. It's not like everyone have the classics max champed.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It would also help them sell more shards for those characters
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    marshall said:
    Board damage and health would help, but there's limitations in mechanics that diminish their usefulness. Phoenix comes to mind. 
    Phoenix is particularly frustrating because she actually does have a redesign for that PvE node you fight her in, (in Cosmic Chaos?).
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I promise to spend more if it is switched to every other week release pattern of something like this:

New 5 Star
    Support
    New 4 Star
    1 4 Star Rebalance and 1 5 Star Rebalance

They can definitely find a way to make money off rebalances and supports.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would "Making this 4-star a feeder for their 5-star version" count as a rebalance?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Would "Making this 4-star a feeder for their 5-star version" count as a rebalance?
    No, rebalancing is changing a character so it fits better in the game today (more damage, cheeped powers, etc.) They could add a feeder after rebalancing to help players cover a newly rebalanced character.  
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s fun to dream. Maybe they will tweak Wa5p to be slightly more useful than Talos.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    At this point, I'd settle for just about any buffs...
    But if I can dream, a rebalance of an old 5* every ~6 months together with the release of a new 5*, that makes that pair almost too good (think Thorkoye or Gritty), but otherwise they're just ok to very good (say... JJ or Profe$$or?). That might help with spending?
    I can see how it might be hard not to go too far, and then have to nerf stuff... :D