Special tiles targeting trap tiles?

eddidit
eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
I'm not sure if this is just confirmation bias or if this is really happening. But I've been noticing that whenever the ai places a special tile (CD, or attack, strike, or protect tiles) that my trap tiles are the first to be overwritten. It's been happening so much that it became noticeable to me, especially when there are several other tiles of the same color present on the board. So I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just really bad RNG luck. 

Edit: I've been consistently using America which is how I've begun to notice this

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    It's entirely RNG.  Psychology makes it so you just notice the ones that affect you more than the ones that get placed elsewhere.
  • eddidit
    That's what I was thinking at first, but it's been happening every round that I've had trap tiles placed. So it makes me wonder if something else is amiss. Once in a while it's ok but when it keeps happening its suspect. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone hits the far end of the bell curve at some point. I just wish I could overwrite my own Trap tiles as easily, so I could better hide all my dirty secrets from JJ ;)
  • eddidit
    Well I finally figured out what been happening and it's not a glitch or bug but just a **** RNG algorithm. So it's the same code/mathematics used to generate all random special tiles, so instead of regenerating a new random number each time it just uses the same calculation over and over again. Which means same color special tiles will get overwritten when a new tile is added to the board. So it's working as intended but just sucks if you just happen to have a trap tile the same color as the random special tile being generated. At least this is how it appears.