When matching/using a power, when does a targeted tile stop working?

hipUK
hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
Let's say I fire off BWGS's sniper power - if I hit both a protector tile and a critical tile, how do they affect the score?  Are they affecting the result of the power, i.e. still adding or reducing damage?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Protect and Strike tiles still apply during the power itself, but if they're taken out, they won't affect any subsequent cascades.
    Crit tiles are wasted in this circumstance. It's not a match, so you don't get the Crit multiplier, and they're only worth one damage and no AP when Destroyed.
  • hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Thanks Alexis. Are you SURE about the crit tiles? I just experimented and it sure seemed like hitting 2 of them added another 1k+ to the damage total (based on a tiny sample size of 2 uses!).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not 100%, because the documentation for this game is all but nonexistent, but their description only mentions boosting damage when matched, and I have seen them get destroyed by powers on a few occasions where I could figure the damage (or they were the only tile destroyed), and they only did 1 point of damage on each of those occasions.