In a Vacuum, What is the single strongest power in the game?

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    In a vacuum?

That would, hands down, be Invisible Woman’s Force Bubbles. 

People go to breath yo!
    I was going to say Silver Surfer's Perfect Being, for similar reasons B)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In a vacuum, I look at powers on a one vs. one character basis.  In that analysis, 3* Daredevil Billy Club.  Stuns opponent for 2 out 3 turns.  Two firings stun locks and individual opponent.  

Sidenote:  Now that I think of it, you can probably use his blue to stun lock an entire team if you used Bishop to fuel him. Will start to look at that in PvP lol.  OP thank you for getting me to think about that combo.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    Options
    No love for MBW Sting?  Probably the most requested teamup...
    But I guess we were asked for strongest, not most useful.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I’ll throw in my vote for the Scream of Blackbolt if there is no consideration for cost or underlying conditions to firing that version of the power.
  • Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Dr. strange (3*) yellow power (flames of faltine)
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    abenness said:
    No love for MBW Sting?  Probably the most requested teamup...
    But I guess we were asked for strongest, not most useful.
    That was my first thought, but Incapacitate edges it out because of cost.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Sidenote:  Now that I think of it, you can probably use his blue to stun lock an entire team if you used Bishop to fuel him. Will start to look at that in PvP lol.  OP thank you for getting me to think about that combo.
    I actually tried doing this once using Vulture & IM40 to fuel Daredevil, but it's easier to run out of blue tiles on the board than you might think (even with me using a less reliable battery option than Bishop), unless you get abnormally lucky.  Perhaps using Bishop and someone who creates blue like Creepy Bobby or even Namor might have better luck, but even there you risk matching your own tiles when you create more blue.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hood's passive. Put that on the worst 5* character and they instantly become usable.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    -Whales
    Yep whales is the moast strongest power because it downs the the whole team in one shot no matter how much health they got! 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Warbringa said:
    I actually tried doing this once using Vulture & IM40 to fuel Daredevil, but it's easier to run out of blue tiles on the board than you might think (even with me using a less reliable battery option than Bishop), unless you get abnormally lucky.  Perhaps using Bishop and someone who creates blue like Creepy Bobby or even Namor might have better luck, but even there you risk matching your own tiles when you create more blue.
    This is part of why I feel like 3* Cap is better for that. Because you can place the countdowns wherever you want, there's little concern about having to match them away or matching them away by accident, and once you've got the combo going, there's no need for more blue tiles as long as your battery can stay operation. Or if you use an AP reducer like Shuri, you can actually get to the point where the countdowns are returning more blue than they cost.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,946 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First21 said:
    Wonko33 said:
    -Whales
    Yep whales is the moast strongest power because it downs the the whole team in one shot no matter how much health they got! 
    My understanding is Whales just does 100K damage. The fact it kills everyone on the opposing team makes you think it's a one shot regardless of health when it's not.

The 100K limit was found because at some point in the past (roster based PvE scaling?) a character was boosted high enough to have more than 100K health and wasn't downed by Whales.

KGB
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    KGB said:
    First21 said:
    Wonko33 said:
    -Whales
    My understanding is Whales just does 100K damage. The fact it kills everyone on the opposing team makes you think it's a one shot regardless of health when it's not.

The 100K limit was found because at some point in the past (roster based PvE scaling?) a character was boosted high enough to have more than 100K health and wasn't downed by Whales.

KGB
    Ok. But is there any other power in the game that does more then 100k damage? 
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Is Whales! 100k total, or 100k per enemy?
    Or, considering it's been upgraded, <x damage>/enemy, or <x damage> total?

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    First21 said:
    Wonko33 said:
    -Whales

KGB

IIRC, it was the first Balance of Power when everyone got boosted to 550 that we realized the 100K limit of Whales because going that high put some characters over 100K health.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've had some fun recently using my champed Black Bolt's Quasi-Sonic Scream (ie his green at fully power). It takes a while to power up, since you need 11 green AP and five in the other colours, but once you have this it does 27k damage to all enemies. When he was boosted recently it was powered up to 66k! Knock-out  :)
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Is Nightcrawler immune to Whales (the power, not the animal) since he goes airborne during AOEs?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Nightcrawler immune to Whales (the power, not the animal) since he goes airborne during AOEs?
    I don't know, but that presents a funny image: Whales raining down on his team, but Kurt just BAMFing around avoiding them all. 

Then when they've stopped, Kurt BAMFs in behind Deadpool and says, "Missed me." To which Deadpool replies, "Well, this is awkward."
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    -Whales
    Whales 🐳 are the best. Especially as teamups  🐋 + points = problems gone 😎
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Xair said:
    Dr. strange (3*) yellow power (flames of faltine)
    5* is even better damage but sadly lacks the healing the team power. 

Also Jessica Jones’s blue power, if you can get lucky and get three trap tiles in a row it’s devestating. 

But in in all seriousness, whales. It’s the only team up boost less than a 4* I keep in stock.