If you were me, what would you do?

Options
swongch
swongch Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
I now have 348 latest legendary tokens and 8400 CP (336 pulls).So total pulls for now can be 684. My goal is to complete as many 5-star characters as possible.

My roster has nearly 50 championed 4-star characters but NONE of my 5-star is championed. The "most" developed are:

Silver Surfer       3/1/2
Jean Grey          5/2/0
Capt America   5/1/0
Hawkeye           1/2/2
Iron Man            2/2/1
OML                    2/2/1

In another thread, I was suggested to spend all the 684 pulls (approx. 97 5-star can be obtained) on the latest legends, in order to complete the 3 currently available X-Men (Prof X, Storm, Ice Man), while making Kitty Pryde as Bonus Hero.

After completing the 3 currently latest X-men, spend the remaining CP on the Fan Favourite tokens for Kitty Pryde (first priority) and then OML (he has a head start of 2/2/1 over Kitty's 0/0/1). Just an FYI here my Dr Strange (the 3rd one in the fan favourite token) is  2/0/1.

So...shall I go for this plan? Do you guys think it's workable? haha

By the way, does anyone know which 4-star will give Kitty Pryde covers as champion rewards?

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks very much!

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champ the current latest, save the rest of your pulls.
    Chances to cover a 1-cover kitty from that special store are slim.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    swongch said:

By the way, does anyone know which 4-star will give Kitty Pryde covers as champion rewards?
    Kitty doesn't currently have a 4* feeder, unfortunately. I really wish they'd get back to adding those, at the very least until all the 5* have one.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
      I would at least be cautious about stepping up to the 5* game right now, if you play PVP even somewhat competitively.  I'm assuming it's pretty much the same for every 5* player but there are super meta teams and 4* Bishop that will be presented to you the higher up you get in PVP events or in Simulator.   Just around the 4* cover reward in PVP events you'll be presented with mostly Kitty with R4G and once Capt Worthy 4* becomes more available he'll be paired with Hawkeye 5* and both teams may be difficult or possibly  unbeatable with whichever champions you're able to champ.  And once you get high enough in Simulator you'll see lots of Kitty, R4G and Bishop teams or two 5* champs and Bishop that are also difficult to beat.  If PVP is not really a consideration for you then I think either store you choose will work.  Kitty and OML, seems like they would work pretty well on offense together and Strange would help you against goons in PVE.  I don't have enough experience with the Latest three 5*s, so I'm afraid I can't offer much advise on that point.

PS.  all of this is from a person with a 5* champ and a level 440 5* champ (neither Kitty); so if any other people have different experiences from me that have two or more 5* champs, I hope they feel free to chime in with their experiences.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I was the one who gave the OP the advice he’s speaking about. He really wanted to finish his OML (for some reason), so I said do the Latests first (as that’s a better trio), THEN the special store. I think he has a decent shot to cover Kitty with well over 300 pulls (plus any 5* BH from 600+ pulls, plus CP from champ levels. 

If he doesn’t finish her she should at least be useable (as she doesn’t need to be maxed cover to be very effective) and possibly get in feeder range. 

If over 300 pulls with a special store isn’t enough to for him to cover her then he probably will never cover her. Because covering anyone in classics is a joke. 
  • swongch
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I was the one who gave the OP the advice he’s speaking about. He really wanted to finish his OML (for some reason), so I said do the Latests first (as that’s a better trio), THEN the special store. I think he has a decent shot to cover Kitty with well over 300 pulls (plus any 5* BH from 600+ pulls, plus CP from champ levels. 

If he doesn’t finish her she should at least be useable (as she doesn’t need to be maxed cover to be very effective) and possibly get in feeder range. 

If over 300 pulls with a special store isn’t enough to for him to cover her then he probably will never cover her. Because covering anyone in classics is a joke. 
    Thank you very very much for your advice, Daredevil217 :)

I tried my luck last night as per what you suggested, since I thought it was a very doable plan and it turned out to be a good plan indeed. Really gotta thank you!!!

I started with 348 legendary tokens and, with all 348 tokens gone, I got:

Prof X: 4B, 2P, 6BL
    Storm: 8Y, 4G, 11BL (~200 pulls to reach 13/13)
    Iceman: 6Y, 3G, 8B (~280 pulls to reach 13/13)

So the 5 star draw rate for 1st round is 15% (52/348), plus 2 bonus hero Kitty Pryde (1R, 1Y).

From my 1st round of pulls, I got another 22 legendary tokens from character rewards, so I invested them right back into the latest legend pull...

And I got 5 5-star from those 22 LTs. Despite an exceptional draw rate of nearly 23%, none of them is Prof X...

Storm: 1G
    Iceman: 1Y, 2G, 1B
    No bonus 5-star this round.

After 348 LTs + 22 LTs = 370 pulls, I still couldn't complete all 3 current latest legends, as my Prof X was still 4/2/6 (11/13).

With the character rewards, my CP rose from 8400 to 8700 (pulls: 336 ---> 348). Another 348 pulls, what a coincidence...time to burn my CP hoard.

After spending CP on about 90 pulls, I still couldn't complete my Prof X, not even making him my bonus hero. The 90 pulls gave me:

Prof X: 1P, 3BL
    Storm: 1Y, 1G, 2BL
    Iceman: 2B

So I decided to trade the 3 extra BLACK Prof X for the last one BLUE I lacked.

It took me about 460 pulls to complete the 3 latest legends...and Prof X really is the true leader and soul of the X-Men. Hahaha :smiley:

I still had around 6500 CP (258+ pulls) for my OML 2/2/1 and Kitty Pryde 2/1/0, (and hopefully even Dr Strange 2/0/1). Let's go!!!

In about 190 pulls, I got:

Kitty: 3R, 2Y, 4P
    plus 1 bonus Purple (a perfect 13/13 came around ~100 pulls)

OML: 3R, 3Y, 2BL (also a perfect 13/13)

Dr Strange: 2Y, 3B, 1P

5-star rate: 23/190 = 12%

The 5-star rate was a little lower than before. However, the colour distribution was much much nicer than the previous rounds.

So I opted to pause at 190 pulls since I completed 5 X-Men in a row and my Dr Strange sat at an acceptable progress (at least to me) of 5/1/3 (9/13) with around 1900 CP (76 pulls) remaining.

So the upcoming question is shall I keep pushing for Dr Strange?

Again, a big thank you for Daredevil217! 🍺
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    swongch said:
    Bowgentle said:

Thank you very very much for your advice, Daredevil217 :)

I tried my luck last night as per what you suggested, since I thought it was a very doable plan and it turned out to be a good plan indeed. Really gotta thank you!!!

I started with 348 legendary tokens and, with all 348 tokens gone, I got:

Prof X: 4B, 2P, 6BL
    Storm: 8Y, 4G, 11BL (~200 pulls to reach 13/13)
    Iceman: 6Y, 3G, 8B (~280 pulls to reach 13/13)

So the 5 star draw rate for 1st round is 15% (52/348), plus 2 bonus hero Kitty Pryde (1R, 1Y).

From my 1st round of pulls, I got another 22 legendary tokens from character rewards, so I invested them right back into the latest legend pull...

And I got 5 5-star from those 22 LTs. Despite an exceptional draw rate of nearly 23%, none of them is Prof X...

Storm: 1G
    Iceman: 1Y, 2G, 1B
    No bonus 5-star this round.

After 348 LTs + 22 LTs = 370 pulls, I still couldn't complete all 3 current latest legends, as my Prof X was still 4/2/6 (11/13).

With the character rewards, my CP rose from 8400 to 8700 (pulls: 336 ---> 348). Another 348 pulls, what a coincidence...time to burn my CP hoard.

After spending CP on about 90 pulls, I still couldn't complete my Prof X, not even making him my bonus hero. The 90 pulls gave me:

Prof X: 1P, 3BL
    Storm: 1Y, 1G, 2BL
    Iceman: 2B

So I decided to trade the 3 extra BLACK Prof X for the last one BLUE I lacked.

It took me about 460 pulls to complete the 3 latest legends...and Prof X really is the true leader and soul of the X-Men. Hahaha :smiley:

I still had around 6500 CP (258+ pulls) for my OML 2/2/1 and Kitty Pryde 2/1/0, (and hopefully even Dr Strange 2/0/1). Let's go!!!

In about 190 pulls, I got:

Kitty: 3R, 2Y, 4P
    plus 1 bonus Purple (a perfect 13/13 came around ~100 pulls)

OML: 3R, 3Y, 2BL (also a perfect 13/13)

Dr Strange: 2Y, 3B, 1P

5-star rate: 23/190 = 12%

The 5-star rate was a little lower than before. However, the colour distribution was much much nicer than the previous rounds.

So I opted to pause at 190 pulls since I completed 5 X-Men in a row and my Dr Strange sat at an acceptable progress (at least to me) of 5/1/3 (9/13) with around 1900 CP (76 pulls) remaining.

So the upcoming question is shall I keep pushing for Dr Strange?

Again, a big thank you for Daredevil217! 🍺
    I would not keep going. 5/6 options in the two limited stores (Latest and Favorites) are covered now, so the odds of pulling just the one you need and not burning a lot of pulls unnecessarily have gone way, way down. I'd start saving up again.

Glad to see things worked out the way you wanted them to.
  • swongch
    Options
    I would not keep going. 5/6 options in the two limited stores (Latest and Favorites) are covered now, so the odds of pulling just the one you need and not burning a lot of pulls unnecessarily have gone way, way down. I'd start saving up again.

Glad to see things worked out the way you wanted them to.

That's what I thought too, so I stopped right after finishing OML.

For Dr Strange, I think he will be made available from time to time, like I remembered there were a number of special tokens that cost 25 CP per pull and would give 3 selected 5-star every time. I remembered once they gave Ironman mk46 and Capt America 1st Avenger. If that kind of store appears again and by then I have CP for 350+ pulls, I will try my luck again.

Now gotta work on gathering ISO. Gonna need 3 million+ ISO to champ OML, Kitty Pryde and nearly a dozen of 4-star...
  • swongch
    Options
    OJSP said:
    How is Mordo? You will get some Strange covers from him eventually.
    He is now 3/3/2 so it will take some time. Thanks for reminding!   :)
  • Daredevil217
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I’m very glad it worked out for you, but man those are some VERY high level Iceman and Storm!  I probably would have stopped after finishing Storm, then wait for her to rotate, then finish Iceman, wait, etc. 

But you still have a very nice hoard after finishing 5 characters, one of which (Kitty) is meta. And Professor is right behind meta. So it’s hard to get too upset. You may have enough of head start there to stay on top of Latests for a long time. 

I busted a hoard to cover the three current Latests and am back up over 300 pulls again. By the time all three rotate out I should have a ton more CP/LT hoarded. So have the freedom to play around in Classics or a special store that speaks to me if I choose. You may be in that same boat now. 

• swongch
    Options
    I’m very glad it worked out for you, but man those are some VERY high level Iceman and Storm!  I probably would have stopped after finishing Storm, then wait for her to rotate, then finish Iceman, wait, etc. 

But you still have a very nice hoard after finishing 5 characters, one of which (Kitty) is meta. And Professor is right behind meta. So it’s hard to get too upset. You may have enough of head start there to stay on top of Latests for a long time. 

I busted a hoard to cover the three current Latests and am back up over 300 pulls again. By the time all three rotate out I should have a ton more CP/LT hoarded. So have the freedom to play around in Classics or a special store that speaks to me if I choose. You may be in that same boat now. 
    What you suggested that stopping right after finishing Storm is smart and more sustainable/economical in keeping obtaining 5-star but completing as many 5-stars as I could was my short term goal. And getting 5 out of 6 in one night was indeed a very fantastic thing.

But I think I gotta change how I play this game. With my 4-stars, I could easily reach 800 in PVP and with some effort I could reach 900 or a little more. But now I am burning health packs with my relatively small legion of five 5 -stars against the whole MPQ competitive world. So I would probably lower my routine to 725 or even 650 in PVP and join more PVE (but it's more about grinding, instead of hit and run and shield at the a time).

What interests me here is that you said the classic store was a joke so I thought you would never spend CP on that. Correct me if I didn't get what you said ---> "play around in Classics"

I think the Developers will do something to improve the classic legends....since the current setting is just a little unrealistic in completing the classic 5-stars there. If I could choose, I would rather finish the classic 5-stars I have than hoard & bust for another 3 latest legends.

Anyway I think I will keep playing and saving in hope that I can finish my Dr Strange 5/1/3, Silver Surfer 3/1/2, Iron Man mk46 3/2/1, Hawkeye 2/2/2...soon.

Thanks for your great advice again! Really nice talking to you. :):)

• Daredevil217
    Options
    Classics are a fools errand if you are wanting to get any one character covered.  I would not suggest anyone go in there expecting to finish a 5*.  Even if they had only three covers left, you'd might as well use BH, feeders, and HFH.  That said, if you are sort of  "caught up" on Latests, and have enough pulls to HOPEFULLY cover the next three, it doesn't hurt to throw some CP at Classics or a CP store.  It's all just "extra".  So if not targeting anyone in particular, the discounted pulls are nice.  But you need a big enough hoard to do that.

Honestly, rather than saving for some rather niche characters, I would personally hoard for the next three Latests.  I know it seems like forever, but it will come by way quicker than it took you to build up your last hoard.  Storm should be out in the next couple weeks.  Then just have to wait for X and Ice to leave.  The reason I say this, is let's say you have a "cosmic store" with Star-Lord, Surfer, and Captain Marvel.  You bust your hoard and you cover Surfer and have a half covered SL/CM.  Surfer isn't adding a ton to your rotation.  On the other hand, waiting a bit longer and getting 3 brand new 5* with likely higher match damage and health (at minimum thanks to power creep), will be much better for your roster.  instead of getting tunnel-visioned on one character, you can build three at a time.

As for your problem with climbing, 5* MMR is weird.  When and where you climb makes a big difference in how far you get.  Slice 1 tends to be harder to place, but there are usually tons of points available for progression since everyone goes there.  You actually have some great healthpack saving powers... OML heal, Iceman Yellow and stun, Professor damage negation, Kitty buffed protects.  If you can find a decent climbing team where the tanking is ideal, I would run that, then maybe switch to Gritty or Gritty/Bishop (your best defensive team) or a good defensive team built around Xavier for your final push.