Fan Favorites????

Options
thatgyemartin
thatgyemartin Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
In the 3 1/2 plus years that I have been playing MPQ I have never felt more let down by the game than I am with the current 'fan favorite' store featured this anniversary season. Out of the three 5* in the store the only one that in my opinion actually belongs there is Kitty Pride. Silly me to have hoped that any of the 5* that regularly are used in PVP tournaments such as Thor/Okoye/Jessica Jones/Black Spidey might actually appear in a 'fan favorite' store. It's been months since I have played in a PVP tournament and faced more than only 1 team that actually played OML.

I guess shame on me for getting my hopes up to bolster these most commonly used 5* characters, but definitely shame on the devs for giving us a useless fan favorite store.

Comments

• kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The question here is: who are the fans? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    There was a survey in game in August if memory serves. Anyone who logged in at that time could choose their favorite characters and events.   That survey led to what we are seeing now as the characters and events chosen “by the fans”.

Obviously the opinion of someone who is just starting in the game is much different than someone who has learned all about which characters are best to use. 

When I first started playing I refused to roster certain characters (villains mostly) which probably set back my progress a fair amount. But I was letting my perception of the characters from comics, movies, etc influence me. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not your favorites doesn't mean they are not fan favorites.  Just recently MPQ stated that old man logan is still one of the most used characters in the game, he is still a health pack saver and I myself still use him in pve all the time with my thanos to counteract court death.  I also use Dr. Strange frequently in PVE as his passive kills goon nodes super quick.

I think the problem here is that you are ignoring half of the game.  You may not see them frequently in pvp but in PVE I would wager that Dr Strange and OML are used all the time.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same "people" that chose Galactus and DPvMPQ as their favorite events lol.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Galactus is fine. DP vs MPQ...not so much 😬
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    There was a survey in game in August if memory serves. Anyone who logged in at that time could choose their favorite characters and events.   That survey led to what we are seeing now as the characters and events chosen “by the fans”.

Obviously the opinion of someone who is just starting in the game is much different than someone who has learned all about which characters are best to use. 

When I first started playing I refused to roster certain characters (villains mostly) which probably set back my progress a fair amount. But I was letting my perception of the characters from comics, movies, etc influence me. 
    I remember being a 3* player and refusing to roster Sentry. And I only rostered him because I found out that he gave Moon Knight covers and MK was always one of my favorite characters.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was pleased to see Moon Knight get the love, he is very underrated.
  • thatgyemartin
    thatgyemartin Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not your favorites doesn't mean they are not fan favorites.  Just recently MPQ stated that old man logan is still one of the most used characters in the game, he is still a health pack saver and I myself still use him in pve all the time with my thanos to counteract court death.  I also use Dr. Strange frequently in PVE as his passive kills goon nodes super quick.

I think the problem here is that you are ignoring half of the game.  You may not see them frequently in pvp but in PVE I would wager that Dr Strange and OML are used all the time.
    I fashion myself as a hybrid player leaning more towards PVE than PVP. That being said I would have been less disappointed if Thanos would have been one of the 5 stars in the fan favorite store, but it just seems to me that when they made their decisions about the fan favorite store they ignored a significant segment of the regular players of this game.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kk3thess said:
    The question here is: who are the fans? 
    the people who voted in the poll a little back, did you answer the poll?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be fair, all three of these 5* can be very useful with a few covers to early rosters so I can see that point.  OML yellow is a healthpack saver, Strange blue is a PvE godsend, and Kitty tile buff is very effective.  

I believe that OML and Strange were also in last year's anniversary store so perhaps they are consistent and the feedback and data may justify it.  

I spent my CP on the Okoye/BP/Thanos store just in case a situation like this popped up for the anniversary.  Always a gamble...
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same "people" that chose Galactus and DPvMPQ as their favorite events lol.
    I can see why Galactus is a favored one because he doesn't make matches and it is one of the easier boss events.  DP vs. MPQ is actually one of the harder ones imo since you don't have goons and it is all tile moving characters, with a few difficult nodes in it.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is underwhelming but it somehow still managed to make me pull 56 tokens. Why? I had over 15k cp saved up for so long, for god know what? my patience to finish dr strange ran out (need 20 more Mordo covers). I got 6x 5* pulls, three of which were dr strange but the first 2 were blue and I needed the other two to progress. When the hello dropped at 56th I gave up. 10.7% is terrible and I still haven’t completed dr strange. Only saved myself 10 Mordo covers for all that trouble. At least worthy cap is level 209 now (from 2x bonus heroes) and ready if he is required for the next sim training. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This Store has been really good to me but I'm still a bit underwhelmed. I have pulled 2 Kitty's but not her yellow so she sits at an uncomfortable 0/5/2. I pulled two Strange's but both were purple not the more useful yellow (common theme!) putting him at 4/2/1. I just bagged a red OML which was a colour I didn't have so that was nice and he is now 2/2/1. I have only spent around 300 CP and had 3 tokens so far so I really really really can't complain...and yet I seem to be doing so, lol! I think this must be my best return from one of these things ever, just wish the colours had gone in my favour.

Right...time to stop moaning!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anniversary luck is smiling upon me. I have opened 4 Fan Favourites tokens (not purchased with 25CP) and gotten 2 5* consecutively.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I now have OML at 5/5/1 with 9 spare covers 

its been a good pull rate for me so far but yet again I’ve managed to pull the other 2 5s and not kitty 

seems she is pretty elusive when I try to get her from a store, I have Dr Strange champed so don’t need any covers for him 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed to snag - so far - a yellow Kitty, which spawned a bonus  yellow Kitty, a red Kitty, and a yellow Strange. That brought Kitty to 5/3/3 (cue diabolical laugh), and as for Strange, it was his fifth yellow, which I initially didn't pay much attention to, other than thinking, hey that's nice. As I was exiting his screen, my brain went, waitaminute... did you see that?  I went back and looked at him again.

4/4/5. Holy cow, he's fully covered. 

That's two fully covered 5* for me now, Hela & Strange. A rainbow even. Near-useless in PVP,  but still cool.