MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2019 Edition *Updated (9/24/19)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    And I see from Class of 2015 boosted characters, that was the only year releasing characters in each tier. 5*s were introduced with Silver Surfer, Spider-Man (Original), and Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) were the last 1 and 2 star heroes, and only a pinch more of 3*s would come out later.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Cosmic chaos again already? 

Those 5* nodes are a bee-yotch. 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Cosmic chaos again already? 

Those 5* nodes are a bee-yotch. 
    Which SCL are you playing? 
    Always 9, and I’ll never go down. 
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited September 2019
    It's September 30th and the this "Start of Versus Tournament Season #71 - Anniversary (10/1/19) *New Update*"
    comes at October 1st. Will we see more news soon or will it be last minute news ?

@IceIX

• Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    For the anniversary fan favorite vault that just appeared in game i assume. Kitty/OML/5trange
  • swongch
    swongch Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Hey guys,

Advice needed!

For the fan favorite token pull, I now have 8300 command points (approx. 332 pulls) and my OML is 2/2/1, Dr Strange is 2/0/1 and Kitty Pryde is 0/0/1.

Does anyone think I should spend my CP on the fan favorite token? or Should I save more?

My target is to complete OML at least and he is also the bonus hero. Do you think 332 pulls are statistically enough for finishing building OML and have significant progress in building Dr Strange?
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    @swongch

If your goal is to cover OML then I'd spend your hoard. This is as good a chance as any to get him covered. At the end of the day though, you're at the mercy of luck but you've got a good shot for sure. I'd do it
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    swongch said:
    Hey guys,

Advice needed!

For the fan favorite token pull, I now have 8300 command points (approx. 332 pulls) and my OML is 2/2/1, Dr Strange is 2/0/1 and Kitty Pryde is 0/0/1.

Does anyone think I should spend my CP on the fan favorite token? or Should I save more?

My target is to complete OML at least and he is also the bonus hero. Do you think 332 pulls are statistically enough for finishing building OML and have significant progress in building Dr Strange?
    Please explain why OML is your goal?  He should not be anyone's priority.
    Kitty is a decent target though.  You do have fairly good odds of finishing her with that many pulls.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. You could do far worse than Kitty and Strange, but I wouldn’t bonus OML for the pulls unless you just want him as a trophy or something. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    swongch said:
    Hey guys,

Advice needed!

Statistically speaking, you should get 16 covers for each character and two 5* BH if you pull the whole hoard. 

Now, RNG is never that equal in its distribution. You've got at least a start on all three, which is better than nothing, but it might be tight to get them all finished. You *should*, but if your distribution favors OML or 5trange, Kitty might be left high and dry. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    What's the level of your XF Wolverine? You might want to set him as your BH to increase the chance of champing OML because he gives OML covers as champ rewards.
  • swongch
    OJSP said:
    swongch said:
    Do you think 332 pulls are statistically enough for finishing building OML and have significant progress in building Dr Strange?
    With 332 pulls you should be able to champion all 3. Make Kitty your Bonus Hero too.

Having said that, it also depends on what you're playing and how competitive you are. At the moment, Storm Iceman ProfX is a better trio. However, the Fan Favourites store has Kitty.
    it seems statistically plausible but I am afraid that RNG/luck is not on my side...haha...

I am curious why you said Storm Iceman ProfX is a better trio, since they can't form a rainbow team. 

And indeed, I have another 340 latest legend tokens, so if I want to invest all my resources (CP & latest legend token) on the latest legends, I have 332+340= 672 pulls and it should be more than enough to complete all 3 X-Men.

But if I pull this way, my OML is never gonna be complete...
  • swongch
    bluewolf said:
    swongch said:
    Hey guys,

Advice needed!

Kitty is a decent target though.  You do have fairly good odds of finishing her with that many pulls.
    Because OML is currently my most "balanced & developed" 5 star character (2/2/1) and he is now in the fan favourite token that I can invest in.

My Phoenix Jean is 5/2/0 and Capt America is 5/1/0 but they are not in the fan favourite token.

Going back to classic legend to finish them will take centuries :(
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    swongch said:
    bluewolf said:
    swongch said:
    Hey guys,

Advice needed!

Because OML is currently my most "balanced & developed" 5 star character (2/2/1) and he is now in the fan favourite token that I can invest in.

My Phoenix Jean is 5/2/0 and Capt America is 5/1/0 but they are not in the fan favourite token.

Fair enough.....I would bonus Kitty over OML since she's far more of a priority, though.

I just pulled my 13th OML Monday, finally, so I understand wanting to finish characters (although he was my 25th champed 5, so I'm in a different spot).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 2/4/9 5torm, and even un-leveled she is borderline winfinite if you have enough seed yellow in the bank all by herself. Between being able to remove a color from the board and also create more of a color, you can very quickly shape the board how you want it. I think she's quietly very good, certainly very fun to play.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rainbow coverage is a nice bonus, but it shouldn't be the end-all, be-all focus of building a team either.

I mean, Kingpin/Wa5p/Phoenix is a rainbow team, but I wouldn't be caught dead using them. Banner would cover purple and blue for Thorkoye to make a rainbow team, but you never see anyone running that team. You get the idea. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    swongch said:
    bluewolf said:
    swongch said:
    Hey guys,

Advice needed!

Do you have any 5s champed or close to champed? I actually like the idea of pulling for BOTH Storm/X/Ice in Latests and Wolvie/Kitty/Strange in the store. If it were me I would:

1) Set Kitty and Bishop as your BH

2) Pull Latest Legends first. That way, if you need to dip into your CP stash to make sure you finish the Latests you can. 

3) You will get extra CP from champ rewards which will help you get more anniversary pulls. 

4) Then with what you have left, I’d go nuts trying to finish Kitty in the Anniversary store (you should get Logan too since he has a head start on her). 

Best case scenario you will have FIVE X-Men (and Dr. Strange). Bishop is essentially a 5* so you’d really have 6 functional X-Men. Kitty and Xavier specifically have synergy boosts when paired with other X-Men and you’d have plenty of color combos to mix and match. Professor and Logan are great tanks, when mixed with Kitty’s buffed protects, you have some pretty sustainable teams that can shrug off a lot of damage. 
  • DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Where is October Sneak Peek?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Check out the October 2019 Sneak Peek HERE