MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2019 Edition *Updated (9/24/19)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    The “Special Offer” Store, which has always been open for the duration  for the off season, is running for another 8 days. I think that answers the question since 10/3 is 9 days away. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    wymtime said:
    Brigby or IceIX
    are we going to have a 2 week offseason then anniversary or will there be a shortened season?

i ask since there was no update for the next season on the main page of this thread.

thanks
    Looks like the previous season ended this past Sunday, and the next season starts at the beginning of October, so it seems there is a shortened off-season before jumping right into Anniversary content.

I'll update this thread so it reflects that.
  • Brigby
    *(09/24/19) Brigby - Added end date of Power season and start date of Anniversary season
  • bluewolf
    @Brigby

I would be more than happy to see the Anniversary start on Tuesday 10/1, but almost all seasons start on Thursdays.  I am just wondering if the date is 10/3, which is also the game's actual Anniversary date.  

(I think the only exception I recall is a short "Off-season Season" which was 2 events long.)

Thanks!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Having played his PvP a bit more I'm thinking he needs a name change. Something like Captain America (Tired of Life) or Captain America (Suicidal).
    His PvP also needs a name change. It is so, so not Worth It.
  • focal431
    focal431 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby @IceIX

Are these off season events, class of 2013, 2014, 2015, going to be restricted to only covers released during that year with all other covers locked? Or are those characters just boosted?

Thanks
  • Sabaton74
    Sabaton74 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    If we took the stat perks from lv 5 yellow and instead switched color block, ie yellow tiles land on pink lv4, black lv5(or otherwise), hed have more versatility. 

Ps, yall aren't taking into account release squish on a tank is going to skew performance... and OP bishop made controversial waves, dont expect an OP release now :o
  • Brigby
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby

I would be more than happy to see the Anniversary start on Tuesday 10/1, but almost all seasons start on Thursdays.  I am just wondering if the date is 10/3, which is also the game's actual Anniversary date.  

(I think the only exception I recall is a short "Off-season Season" which was 2 events long.)

Thanks!
    Yes. It's intentional for the Anniversary season to start on Tuesday 10/1
    focal431 said:
    Brigby IceIX

Are these off season events, class of 2013, 2014, 2015, going to be restricted to only covers released during that year with all other covers locked? Or are those characters just boosted?

Thanks
    They are just buffs for those specific characters. You should be able to play any character you want.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Having played his PvP a bit more I'm thinking he needs a name change. Something like Captain America (Tired of Life) or Captain America (Suicidal).
    His PvP also needs a name change. It is so, so not Worth It.
    May as well be called Meat Shield.
  • bluewolf
    I am so, so (cautiously) happy to know that the Anniversary Season starts 10/1.  This hopefully means only 3 consecutive events of Grittyshop PVP, followed by the annual run of the Devil Dino PVP to kick things off.

3 Grittyshop PVPs will not be fun, but it's better than 4!
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Anyone else dreading mysterio's last day node in hearts of darkness?  He's practically talos light for uselessness.  At least talos doesn't steal my AP and convert it to something less useful
    No, Mysterio actually has some good support abilities and a bit of offensive capabilities if you pair him with the right team. You just need to be willing to sacrifice blue users, period. I was frustrated when he was a required with a 2 star that heavily relied on blue the last time. It took adapting play style to win the required nodes with him, and once I did he wasn't terrible. He also is one of three characters you take in with you, and you need to focus quick on the purple hider in that node to get him out of commission, because he's the real threat on that team. 
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2019
    @blankcanvas

Totally fair point of view. There are a lot of different play styles. As someone who is post iso and hitting pvp hard, a 48 hour is a nice thing for me. 

I suppose it should make you a little happy that the newer events are run as 3/4 sub varieties without any 48 hour subs. 

But I’m pretty sure FFW is no more, and they prefer to make new events vs somehow make the older, less popular ones, more appealing.   See also:  Heroics. 
  • turianbrandy
    turianbrandy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I honestly don't see the point of having "class of" events when all you'll be fighting againsy are gritties. Shouldn't it be about celebrating past characters and using those ones as people try to work around their meta?

Zzzzz.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly don't see the point of having "class of" events when all you'll be fighting againsy are gritties. Shouldn't it be about celebrating past characters and using those ones as people try to work around their meta?

Zzzzz.
    When the only 4 is XFWolvie, you’ll see the meta. When it’s time for characters like Vulture, Carol, and Peggy, you’ll see some nasty teams with them.
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    zodiac339 said:

Zzzzz.
    When the only 4 is XFWolvie, you’ll see the meta. When it’s time for characters like Vulture, Carol, and Peggy, you’ll see some nasty teams with them.
    Honestly they should have allowed all 3*s and below to be used for all events, but restricted the 4*s and 5*s to those that came out from that year. It would create an interesting PVP, rather than a rush to 900/1,200 and chill.
  • swongch
    swongch Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    may I know where I can find the buffed character list of class of 2013?
  • bluewolf
    2013 is over.....best to look in game. Click Event Rewards, then look at Event Rules at the bottom left. 

Really you will just use your best meta teams until you get tired of Gritty and HE/Hammercap and stop. 
  • swongch
    swongch Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    2013 is over.....best to look in game. Click Event Rewards, then look at Event Rules at the bottom left. 

Really you will just use your best meta teams until you get tired of Gritty and HE/Hammercap and stop. 
    who is HE?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Hawkeye