**** Captain America (Worthy) ****

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    American Hero (If Captain America takes 1019 or more damage from a single hit, create 4 1-turn Countdown tiles that convert 1 Yellow basic tiles to Blue or Red). 

Plus

Level 100 Sharron Carter synergy perk (When one of Captain America’s Countdown tiles expires, there’s a 41.70% chance to gain 2 Blue, Yellow, or Red AP). 

Equals

You’re Welcome!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feliz said:
    I actually prefer multiple variants of same ol' characters, makes us think more. For instance you may have 2 big hulks but...you can only have one on the team.
    Would like to see a character with a passive power that allows two of same character though hint hint @IceIX ;)
    That might’ve been an interesting power for God Emperor Doom to have, or other characters with time/alternate dimension manipulation powers.
     (Passive) Kang uses his time traveling to get an advantage by any means. His allies are not restricted by variant rules and may both be the same character.
    But it would have to work during character selection, and would be a pain to have to unselect a variant be able to take Kang back off the team.
  • Concave
    Concave Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I have an idea: stop releaseing "new" chars every month and make this game more enjoyable.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad Worthy is an off-season PvP event because Worthy Cap is annoying to face when you're fielding 5* Champions. Not quite Bishop levels of annoying, but a Champion Worthy Cap will still be a really annoying opponent for 5* players.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Being saddled with a defensive Jump-in-Front at lvl 1/1/1 i'm finding more annoying than facing offensive ones. He kind of just dies after 2-3 rounds, and it's fine I suppose. In particular with Dazzler boosted, who needs to tank something to do stuff, then Cap Dubz is all like:

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Will Worthy Cap, 5* Iceman and 5* Hawkeye be irritating?

1. Champed 5* team makes match-3 or more.
    2. Worthy Cap jumps in front and creates 4 cd tiles.
    3. Hawkeye gains up to 12 blue ap and 9 red ap.
    4. Iceman drains 3 blue ap and creates 4 blue stun cd.
    5. Either Hawkeye or Worthy Cap fires his blue.

If not, replace Iceman with other character with cheap stun and you can stun Bishop on the next turn.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being saddled with a defensive Jump-in-Front at lvl 1/1/1 i'm finding more annoying than facing offensive ones. He kind of just dies after 2-3 rounds, and it's fine I suppose. In particular with Dazzler boosted, who needs to tank something to do stuff, then Cap Dubz is all like:

Both sides are annoying me! My Cap needs to resign from the Avengers and join the Suicide Squad whereas opposition Cap is just basically a bullet sponge and keeps blocking my attacks meant for other characters. You have to kill him just so he doesn't kill himself!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    sinnerjfl said:
    After playing his node in Shield training, his yellow is massively flawed. After the first proc, you're basically out of yellow tiles to convert and it becomes almost non-functional at converting yellow...  It sure denies that color though.

You need to change the color it makes the countdown tiles on.

Seems great otherwise.
    Came in here to make almost this exact same comment.  Especially when you go first and trigger their Cap.  He gets yellow countdowns, transforms more yellow to other colors, and leaves your Cap with maybe one yellow left for his countdown to work on.  (Edit - And who does he get to fight in his first featured node?  Venom, who makes protect tiles on...yellow!  Really?)

Plus, the dueling 1/1/1 Cap/Thanos teams are quite the pain in his PvP.  I had at least a half dozen fights where my Cap would die first, and the damage from enemy Thanos would kill off their Cap to prevent me from getting an easy kill.  Getting rid of all the yellow on the board is also a nice way to prevent Okoye from healing up quickly, or indeed at all.  The match is usually over by the time I got 7 yellow AP in his PvP.

But I'm sure I'll have plenty of chances to experiment with his yellow.  My Cap is now a 0/1/3.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    My loaner Worthy Cap always die in the match. I think that's his role: to sacrifice himself.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Getting rid of all the yellow on the board is also a nice way to prevent Okoye from healing up quickly, or indeed at all.  The match is usually over by the time I got 7 yellow AP in his PvP.

But I'm sure I'll have plenty of chances to experiment with his yellow.  My Cap is now a 0/1/3.
    Said it a few times, but I'm reasonably confident this is the point of that yellow operating on yellow and stripping yellow off the board. I'm planning to double down on that with Iceman or Valkyrie, and see if it is at all useful.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven’t added any Yellow to my worthy Cap yet (still in the queue). Might be worth it to take a Bishop cheese team in. I imagine people with Thanos teams will expect Cap to pop in front and trigger court death, taking out Bishop. Instead, Bishop pops up and stunlocks the whole team. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I’ve been using Cap with Dazzler and IM40 for worth it. As others have pointed out, the regular Gritty/Thorkoye teams aren't working for their own reasons, which is allowing for more variations of teams to use.

Dazzler/IM40 is the best i have found with my roster though. Fire off recharge whilst gathering as much green and red as possible, and then drop a ton of strike tiles and then its death by disco (blood on the dance floor) for the enemy team. If you manage to keep cap alive, he can even get a couple of licks in with mjolnir too to finish any stragglers off, and if not, at least he will have absorbed a bit of damage on his way down
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    dingo said

I do think he is a decent character and there are many other options for teammates i didn't mention, but I just think he falls in the Sabretooth category of only shining when paired with Okoye.
    How dare you, sir or madam, slander Mr. Creed so shamelessly.

It's true that sabretooth is 5*-strong when paired with okoye.  And it's true that he isn't quite in the 4* meta because he can't double dip on strikes with his red. But I still think he is excellent in 4* land for punishing teams that produce lots of strikes, and strikes are a big part of the meta.  So he has a solid role on his own, and is borderline meta with okoye (because his currently has the most efficient active, instant damage power to proc her passive, gives her a useful black outlet, and can also passively proc her black).
    Wow, I have three champed 5*s, one being Okoye, and he is decidedly META (for me). I use him constantly, both in PvP and PvE. He is unbelievably effective versus Grockitty and almost any other team I can think of that is not loaded with, like, 375+ champs. He makes my game, and probably will for the foreseeable future... Very cheap powers, heals quickly, and doesn't steal Okoye's tank too much. He's downright awful on defense, but no character is perfect...

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Vhailorx said:
    dingo said

I do think he is a decent character and there are many other options for teammates i didn't mention, but I just think he falls in the Sabretooth category of only shining when paired with Okoye.
    How dare you, sir or madam, slander Mr. Creed so shamelessly.

It's true that sabretooth is 5*-strong when paired with okoye.  And it's true that he isn't quite in the 4* meta because he can't double dip on strikes with his red. But I still think he is excellent in 4* land for punishing teams that produce lots of strikes, and strikes are a big part of the meta.  So he has a solid role on his own, and is borderline meta with okoye (because his currently has the most efficient active, instant damage power to proc her passive, gives her a useful black outlet, and can also passively proc her black).
    Wow, I have three champed 5*s, one being Okoye, and he is decidedly META (for me). I use him constantly, both in PvP and PvE. He is unbelievably effective versus Grockitty and almost any other team I can think of that is not loaded with, like, 375+ champs. He makes my game, and probably will for the foreseeable future... Very cheap powers, heals quickly, and doesn't steal Okoye's tank too much. He's downright awful on defense, but no character is perfect...

Throw in Xpool and I say it’s meta material.
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Glad WCap pvp is on the off season. What a **** fest. Another jump in front char designed to eat health packs i guess.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with this cap I am getting concerned with characters that jump in front and have passives when the character takes minimal damage.  4cap and Bishop are both extremely defensive characters that to eat their passive abilities. concern that I have is both these characters are significantly better defensively than offensively.  When you look at previous release characters like 4 pool and Thing you can skip their passive by targeting them first negating their passive powers.  Now you have to target these characters first and eat their passive abilities.  

I think it is good oof to make characters who can help you punch up in tiers but it should not be a deterrent from punching down.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    @Brigby
    @IceIX

After this morning's data push, American Hero no longe places the CDs on all yellow tiles, but on any random color, as long as the damage threshold is met.

Is this an intended change to the execution or a bug of some sort?
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Am I wrong or they change his yellow today? Until yesterday, CA was creating only yellow CD tiles when hit, today is creating random CD tiles -but always changing yellow tiles-.