**** Captain America (Worthy) ****

Comments

• MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    ammenell said:
    creating exclusivity yellow CDs is a bummer though. 

Stealth fix (this morning). 

Cap now creates any colour CD tiles that convert yellow tiles to blue or red.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aw man, i kind of liked it the old way lol
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    @Brigby
    @IceIX

After this morning's data push, American Hero no longe places the CDs on all yellow tiles, but on any random color, as long as the damage threshold is met.

Is this an intended change to the execution or a bug of some sort?
    This is a huge detriment when facing Cap in PvP now. 
    Everyone who complained that placing the CD's on only-yellow was missing the point about how much pain it will be to -face him- in PvP with this change. 
    Think you hate facing Bishop? Just wait..

Yes he will be fun / potentially efficient on offense. But did we really need another super aggravating character to face in PvP?  When it was on all yellow, at least you could try to plan to mitigate his effectiveness. Oh man..

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I was thinking it went from being an effective Okoye counter (Gladiator Thor cant destroy non-basic yellow tiles, and then they transform the remaining yellow tiles into non-yellows on your turn) to just kind of being a whatever thing now, but maybe being a 1-turn cd anywhere is actually even better at that? I can't decide.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    The biggest detriment to play him is how slow his tile resolution is.  It is painfully slow to have them placed one at a time and then when they change it goes one at a time.  And you just sit there twiddling your thumbs.

Very, very painful.  I may skip him just because of how he brings game play to a crawl.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs have found the ultimate slow-the-game-down-while-having-4/5 tier-synergy character.  Maybe. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019

Getting rid of all the yellow on the board is also a nice way to prevent Okoye from healing up quickly, or indeed at all.  The match is usually over by the time I got 7 yellow AP in his PvP.

But I'm sure I'll have plenty of chances to experiment with his yellow.  My Cap is now a 0/1/3.
    Said it a few times, but I'm reasonably confident this is the point of that yellow operating on yellow and stripping yellow off the board. I'm planning to double down on that with Iceman or Valkyrie, and see if it is at all useful.
    Well it’s a counter that’s not needed at all. Okoye healing never ever causing me an issue and it very rarely even happens. Who ever gets beat by thor and okoye? Or consistently enough to need a counter character.

The only tiny chance it happens is if I switch off my brain and haven’t noticed thor get 12 or that I’ve cascaded him under half health. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:

Getting rid of all the yellow on the board is also a nice way to prevent Okoye from healing up quickly, or indeed at all.  The match is usually over by the time I got 7 yellow AP in his PvP.

But I'm sure I'll have plenty of chances to experiment with his yellow.  My Cap is now a 0/1/3.
    Said it a few times, but I'm reasonably confident this is the point of that yellow operating on yellow and stripping yellow off the board. I'm planning to double down on that with Iceman or Valkyrie, and see if it is at all useful.
    Well it’s a counter that’s not needed at all. Okoye healing never ever causing me an issue and it very rarely even happens. Who ever gets beat by thor and okoye? Or consistently enough to need a counter character.

The only tiny chance it happens is if I switch off my brain and haven’t noticed thor get 12 or that I’ve cascaded him under half health. 
    It's not a counter for the other team, as I agree with your statements.  Rather, it's a counter for *your* Okoye to heal up since there's no yellow on the board for her to gain AP if you're using Worthy Cap.

With the stealth change mentioned above, it sounds like this will be less of a problem.
  • bluewolf
    Tony_Foot said:

It's not a counter for the other team, as I agree with your statements.  Rather, it's a counter for *your* Okoye to heal up since there's no yellow on the board for her to gain AP if you're using Worthy Cap.

With the stealth change mentioned above, it sounds like this will be less of a problem.
    Not exactly!  Because the CDs don't stop when the yellow is gone.  And as the CDs resolve and yellows drop in...the next CD converts them....

So essentially it's keeping the board yellow-starved as long as he's alive and processing hits.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2019
    Seems like he'd play a little better with Rescue than Bishop does. If there are enemy specials in play the blue and red you'll be getting should turn into friendly defends and burst health every turn, without bishop eating them and turning them into blue AP. It may keep him from needing a health pack every  match, but possibly not. Hard for me to test it with a 0/1/1 Cap and an un-leveled 5/2/6 Rescue. With Doom in the mix to snake out incidental yellow from opponent matches, it could work.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    It may take awhile to discover but the devs have delivered an answer to Bishop Gritty.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I’m having a lot of fun with him teamed up with 5torm 5/5/0 and G3mbit in the infinite pursuit story. 
  • bluewolf
    LLohm said:
    It may take awhile to discover but the devs have delivered an answer to Bishop Gritty.
    Hammercap and.....?

Hawkeye and Coulson?

Someone else?

It’s nice if there’s a option. Better if it doesn’t require characters that are stuck in dilution limbo. 

I mean, I can run them.  But most people new to the 5 tier won’t have a workable Hawkeye. 

Please share your team idea....
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    In "Class of 2013" PvP I've seen some Hawk, JJ and Worthy.  From more than one person.  I skip Worthy because it just takes too long to play him.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    LLohm said:
    Hammercap and.....?

Hawkeye and Coulson?

Someone else?

It’s nice if there’s a option. Better if it doesn’t require characters that are stuck in dilution limbo. 

I mean, I can run them.  But most people new to the 5 tier won’t have a workable Hawkeye. 

Please share your team idea....
    Yeah my 4 cover Hawkeye isn’t exactly a world beater. 
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    It is a combination of Worthy Cap and HE plus your choice of a red/blue outlet.

Thus far, I’m about slightly more than 50 fights against bishop gritty purely just to test this solution out and the win rate has been 100%. This precludes significantly bad boards of “you need to lose“ type which luckily I’ve yet to encounter.

Yes there are caveats. I have champed my Worthy Cap and I do have access to a champed HE which many may not have access to comfortably.

I am not suggesting that this will work for all easily but I have to admit that the devs have delivered a solution which has a high effective rate to countering bishop gritty. You do also need to feed on no small number of heals when using this solution but at least it’s not a 50/50 nut job when you bring your own bishop to mirror opposing bishop.

However, as @Sm0keyJ0e has mentioned before. Is the cure really not the start of another bigger problem if it has to be effective enough to deal with the unfairness that a match 3 causes? This is my reservation.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Capworth + Bishop, all I see.
    Might end the game, for me. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Just wiped to a Wcap,
    / Hawkeye/ Jessica.  30 blue ap by turn 3 and Cap got his stun off each turn. It really just feels like another bishop but this time it's a slow death watching all the CD's resolve vs gritty/bishop wiping you out in 40s or less.

Its feeling like a real uphill battle to even make it to anniversary.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mmm...so how long before we get one of those pop up stores that conveniently has Hawkeye in? Sounds like he is going to be the hot new/old thing in the 5 meta!