Uncertain about new goals

froggerjohn
froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/froggerjohn/revisions/159

I just opened a bunch of LTs and spent my CP hoard in the Legends of Wakanda store.
All 4*s are now 209-capable except for BP. Most are champable when I get the iso (170K right now).

Long-term goal, I'm still pretty committed to staying in the 4* tier for the foreseeable future. That's now especially true with Juggs, who sped up my PvE clear times considerably. So I'm mainly looking to expand variety and capability for PvP and Boss events, or niche areas of PvE. In particular, wondering if there are other 5*s that can complement my 4* play.

Questions:
1. I'm already getting great use from a 1/5/3 Kitty, and recently switched the 5BH to Okoye, who's now 3/2/4 with another black coming from Shuri as soon as I champ her. She seems very useful and versatile, but not sure how much that applies when soft-capped. And also not sure how far I can raise my 5*s without impacting MMR. I do have a 3* RTF support for her as well. Guidance welcome for how/if I can use her yet, and if that's still a good choice for the 5BH. (Iceman is also getting well-covered, at 2/4/2).

2. Not sure where to put my 4BH. Of the remaining 4*s that aren't yet champable, only Mockingbird seems really desirable, and at 5/5/1, not a good BH candidate. Not to mention almost 40 other 4*s already awaiting iso. Thus, only two candidates come to mind. Shuri, to get more Okoye covers, or Grocket, for higher strike tiles. The gains on the latter feel small, but with the new  Grocket/Juggs combo, it might still be the biggest payoff.

3. Who next to champ of the 4*s?
- Shuri, 12 saved covers, Okoye feeder
- Riri, 2 saved
- Coulson, 14 saved
- Hoard until someone makes sense in the weekly boost list

4. Should I go back to hoarding CP, versus spending on Classics to generate the extra 20% 4BH and general covers?

5. For the essential nodes of PvE, Grocket/Juggs is suitable when there's 2-3 goons, but there's too much risk of losing strikes against multiple tile-movers, and times can slow down considerably. Historically, I use either America/5e or America/Hood. Not sure if I can do any better with my current roster.

Comments

• Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited September 2019
    Hey frogger! Fellow 4* Illuminati swooping in to comment where I feel appropriate. I'm skipping (1) because I'm not in 5* land.

(2) You could BH Black Panther right now if the lack of 10 covers bother you, however, he probably won't be in ST in the foreseeable future given that he was just there. If you want bang for your buck, Grocket is always gonna be worth it in 4* land. After Jim Hammond goes into the tokens next season, you can BH him.

(3) I'd say you have most of the desirable characters champed already, so you shouldn't have to worry about the boost list for the next 2 weeks. That should give you enough time to champ Shuri and farm up another 300K ISO if someone else catches your eye.

(4) Pinch of salt because I'm not even at your level, but I'd say you should hoard CP at this juncture unless you're extremely keen on blowing the hoard on Classics to pull the latest 4* characters.

(5) Are you playing in SCL8? Even against multiple tile movers in SCL7, they're dying in 2-3 turns with Grocketnaut.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Thanks Doragon!

4) In the immediate short term, I'll continue to spend earnings in the Wakanda store. I had a pretty sad pull rate on it so far. Should have gotten 5 covers for each 5* on average, and instead, got 4, 4, and 1. But that's RNG and MPQ.

When the store is gone, I'll go back to hoarding at least until after the anniversary, but not sure after that.

Maybe the short answer to this one is, "hoard until there aren't any specific 5* goals remaining."

5) I play both SCL7/8, but to clarify, I'm talking about the 'essential' nodes where you can only bring two characters. Even in SCL7, the 5e node with tile-movers has high enough health that it's well past 2/3 moves for me without the the extra Guardian to boost the initial strikes. (My Grocket is 284).

I suppose one strategy to consider, is retreating if I lose multiple strikes early. That's potentially faster than slogging it out with reduced damage. And if I don't lose the strikes early, the fight will be over quickly.
    That's similar to what I already do with America/5e if the enemy gets an early cascade.

Just wondering if there are other good two-character setups in 4* land for essential nodes.
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    (4) I'll definitely agree with your assessment that you should hoard until you see a store that's worth blowing on, or until the next meta 4* character shows up. For myself, I was planning to hoard until the anniversary, and then Juggernaut showed up and that went out the window. It's a bit late to start hoarding now, but I'll hold on to my CP until then.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/froggerjohn/revisions/159

I just opened a bunch of LTs and spent my CP hoard in the Legends of Wakanda store.
    All 4*s are now 209-capable except for BP. Most are champable when I get the iso (170K right now).

Long-term goal, I'm still pretty committed to staying in the 4* tier for the foreseeable future. That's now especially true with Juggs, who sped up my PvE clear times considerably. So I'm mainly looking to expand variety and capability for PvP and Boss events, or niche areas of PvE. In particular, wondering if there are other 5*s that can complement my 4* play.

Questions:
    1. I'm already getting great use from a 1/5/3 Kitty, and recently switched the 5BH to Okoye, who's now 3/2/4 with another black coming from Shuri as soon as I champ her. She seems very useful and versatile, but not sure how much that applies when soft-capped. And also not sure how far I can raise my 5*s without impacting MMR. I do have a 3* RTF support for her as well. Guidance welcome for how/if I can use her yet, and if that's still a good choice for the 5BH. (Iceman is also getting well-covered, at 2/4/2).

2. Not sure where to put my 4BH. Of the remaining 4*s that aren't yet champable, only Mockingbird seems really desirable, and at 5/5/1, not a good BH candidate. Not to mention almost 40 other 4*s already awaiting iso. Thus, only two candidates come to mind. Shuri, to get more Okoye covers, or Grocket, for higher strike tiles. The gains on the latter feel small, but with the new  Grocket/Juggs combo, it might still be the biggest payoff.

3. Who next to champ of the 4*s?
    - Shuri, 12 saved covers, Okoye feeder
    - Riri, 2 saved
    - Coulson, 14 saved
    - Hoard until someone makes sense in the weekly boost list

4. Should I go back to hoarding CP, versus spending on Classics to generate the extra 20% 4BH and general covers?

5. For the essential nodes of PvE, Grocket/Juggs is suitable when there's 2-3 goons, but there's too much risk of losing strikes against multiple tile-movers, and times can slow down considerably. Historically, I use either America/5e or America/Hood. Not sure if I can do any better with my current roster.
    1.) She can be useful, soft-capped but perhaps best used as a healing tank as opposed to damage dealer in your situation.  

2.) Probably Grocket over Juggs. Since you might still use Grocket in 5* meta if Gritty is still a thing when you move into 5*.

3.) Shuri, getting more covers for Okoye is never bad. 

4.) Hoarding if you think you will want to move into 5* play any time in the next 6 months.  If you enjoy 4* and plan on staying there, keep drawing classics. 

5.) Not sure what SCL you play PvE in but if it is a higher one, you might be able to do Bishop/4Clops in essentials.  I say might because the enemy needs to be doing enough match damage to trigger Bishop's passive to generate blue.  You then blast them with 4Clops blue which should gain his red, etc.  If your SCL isn't high enough then the damage isn't enough to trigger etc.  You also will need health packs for Bishop.  

Vulture/Valkyrie?  Once you get Vulture airborne his green just triggers valkyrie AP gain in black etc which generates more green, etc.  Continuing cycle of Vulture dealing AoE damage triggering Valkyrie AP gain.  Plus Vulture blue takes care of pesky tiles.  

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually think Riri would work even better with Bishop and her red has more options to it, so I would champ her over Shuri. Not like Okoye will get Champed anytime soon just on champ rewards.