Oh, where do we go now?

Doragon
Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
edited September 2019 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Doragon/

Introduction: Hey guys! I've been playing for a little over a year now and I think I've hit a point where I don't have a short-term goal any more, even if my long-term goal is probably still to fully champ all my 4*s because I'm thoroughly enjoying the gameplay in 4* land before I consider transitioning to 5* land. At this juncture, with a champed Grocketnaut, I'm able to be competitive in SCL7 PVE, and I just comfortably coast to a T25 with 900pts for SCL7 PVP.

Questions:
  1. Are there any 4* characters that I should be gunning for that I don't already have champed?
  2. Who should I put as my 4* BH?
  3. Should I simply hoard CP and transition to 5* land?
  4. If I can comfortably T5 SCL7 PVE, is it advised to move up to SCL8?

EDIT: Whoops. This was meant for <Roster and Level Help> if a moderator can move it there for me. Cheers.
Tagged:

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like you've got most of the major ones. Sabretooth, Black Cat, and Ronin, are certainly good from the newer 4*, and Riri, Mockingbird, Nova, Iceman, Valkyrie, Rogue, Luke Cage, Hobofist, Agent Venom, and Wasp were all staples of mine at various points in the 4* tier. Moon Knight is also worth a mention, not so much for raw power as that he's just plain fun.
    I wouldn't look to jump to 5* soon if I were in your place. We've got a pretty solid trio in latest right now, which means it's a bit late to start hoarding for them, and we're likely to get some sub-optimal characters in the mix for the next while. 
    Looking through your partially covered 4*, I'd probably go for Iceman as your bonus hero, tho solid arguments could also be made for Rogue, and even Dazzler.
  • Doragon
    Moon Knight is at a terrible 2/5/5 now, so setting him as a BH is going to be extremely frustrating. I understand how Rogue is a good deterrent due to her abilities rendering killing the team really slow, but how does Iceman fare in today's meta? It seems a little bit too fast for Iceman to go crazy with his AOE like he used to.

Also, is the recommended hoard total still at the equivalent of 300 LL tokens or has the lack of cover swapping brought that higher?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Doragon said:
    Moon Knight is at a terrible 2/5/5 now, so setting him as a BH is going to be extremely frustrating. I understand how Rogue is a good deterrent due to her abilities rendering killing the team really slow, but how does Iceman fare in today's meta? It seems a little bit too fast for Iceman to go crazy with his AOE like he used to.

Also, is the recommended hoard total still at the equivalent of 300 LL tokens or has the lack of cover swapping brought that higher?
    Sentry feeds Moonknight... not sure of the cover order, but perhaps BHing him instead might be quicker? Worthy 4*s: Blade, Ghost Rider, Nico, Magic, perhaps Ghost.... depending on how much you want *fun* characters, or just the meta competitive ones.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoarding for Latest is at something like 350 pulls or so without swaps, I think.
  • Doragon
    Sentry feeds Moonknight... not sure of the cover order, but perhaps BHing him instead might be quicker? Worthy 4*s: Blade, Ghost Rider, Nico, Magic, perhaps Ghost.... depending on how much you want *fun* characters, or just the meta competitive ones.
    I'm not too fussed about MK, I'll just wait for Sentry to provide the covers, although that might take a while because thats the 265 cover. I've opted for BHing Iceman (already had 1 BH) until Hammond goes into tokens.

Hoarding for Latest is at something like 350 pulls or so without swaps, I think.
    Awesome. Thanks for the information, Alexis.