Options
therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2019 in Speculation and Concepts
Kilgrave - 4 :star:
Low Health Low Match Damage

Black - Hurt Them 
7 AP 
Kilgrave tells you to hurt your friend. He gives up to 6 AP of a chosen color (from team AP) and if target has enough AP target fires power hitting a random ally. 
If only one opponent exist power turns into: 
Hurt Yourself
<passive> 
If Kilgrave is in front, opponents match damage hurts themselves instead, plus % more.

Purple - Purple Man
<passive>
Resisting Kilgrave just makes him mad and he always gets his way. When Kilgrave takes more than X damage create 3-5 Attack tiles.

Blue - Stop
8 AP
Kilgrave orders you to stop. Stun opponent for 2-3 turns. Kilgrave also heals X. 

Comments

• therightwaye
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I learned today that Kilgrave has natural healing aspects. I figured it worked regardless of that anyhow. He can stop someone from acting while he takes a moment to gain his own strength back. Or heal by superhuman means.

I think Black is his very strong power. You essentially get the option to stop someone from firing a power by forcing them to hit their friend right before they have enough AP. Say Thor is about to get enough green, but instead its your turn. You spend 7 black and your 4 green AP to have Thor hit his friends. He had 9, you give 4, he is forced to auto-spend the 12 to hit friends. Bam!

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's another cool idea for a power. 
    But... :) 
    I can see trouble with powers that leave CDs or repeaters or other unique tiles which have ownership.

Who'd own that tile? Kilgrave? Or the team? (so it would continue ticking even if everyone is stunned, like a TU power?) And what if those tiles are tied to a passive part of a power, like Ant-Man CDs or Elektra trap? That's why some powers can't be used as TUs, right? 
    I think stealing enemy CDs was the reason old Moonstone's black eventually got scrapped. I seem to remember a dev (or was it Ice?!) explaining how it kept giving them headache about all kinds of bugs or something like that.

Or it could only work on damage-only powers, I guess. But then you could end up not being able to fire a power which always feels bad. 

Another option is to drain the AP as if the power was fired (just as you described it) but the actual effect is always just dealing damage based on AP spent/power cost. Could be hitting both of the target's allies too. That would be tied to Kilgrave, so a 4* damage/health values. To make it good against 5*s too, it could also take enemy match damage into account in some way. But then it's starting to sound really complicated...  :D

• therightwaye
    Options
    Kolence said:
    That's another cool idea for a power. 
    But... :) 
    I can see trouble with powers that leave CDs or repeaters or other unique tiles which have ownership.

Who'd own that tile? Kilgrave? Or the team? (so it would continue ticking even if everyone is stunned, like a TU power?) And what if those tiles are tied to a passive part of a power, like Ant-Man CDs or Elektra trap? That's why some powers can't be used as TUs, right? 
    I think stealing enemy CDs was the reason old Moonstone's black eventually got scrapped. I seem to remember a dev (or was it Ice?!) explaining how it kept giving them headache about all kinds of bugs or something like that.

Or it could only work on damage-only powers, I guess. But then you could end up not being able to fire a power which always feels bad. 

Another option is to drain the AP as if the power was fired (just as you described it) but the actual effect is always just dealing damage based on AP spent/power cost. Could be hitting both of the target's allies too. That would be tied to Kilgrave, so a 4* damage/health values. To make it good against 5*s too, it could also take enemy match damage into account in some way. But then it's starting to sound really complicated...  :D

yeah, there are already a few powers that suck like that. Any anti-sap powers on a board with no SAP tiles. but hey he doesn't need to be good against everyone.