DDQ CotT: Sam Elliott vs Eric Bana

ZootSax
ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
New DDQ cycle.  How did everyone do in the crash?  I don't have Talos or Beast rostered, so I'm waiting until the 4th or 5th day so maximize my DDQ progression rewards.
Tagged:

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took a frustratingly long time spent poking each other with yellow and blue matches because there was nothing else on the board. I did take one Smash, but I'd Gamma Siphoned right before that, so it wasn't very much damage. A little later, I was finally able to get the hammer to meet the anvil. Which wasn't enough. Quite a bit more grinding finally got me to enough green to squish him again and get a Sabretooth champ level from the token.
    Relatively easy Crash for a reasonably well-covered Rulk. 3* Hulk doesn't scale up all that well, and even Crits generally weren't triggering Anger/Seeing Red.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Lv131 red hulk 3/1/2 with taskmaster sword lv100.  Really not a difficult fight. I took all the green and didnt hit hard enough for anger to come into play. LL was an infinity war spider man champ level
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I was surprised to see Red Hulk because he's the first 4* I won CotT with. Back then, he had a couple of covers (I think) and was level 70. Today he is standing at 12 covers, level 70 again.  :D 

All I could say is: History repeats. 

This nerfed Hulk reminds me of Thanos throwing him back to earth and nerfed his ability to transform into Hulk in Infinity War.
  • Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Level 152 1/2/4 Red Hulk. Even with boosts, I'm getting my butt handed to me. I can keep draining his green AP, but I can't hit hard enough to do much damage, and playing keep away with red AP is only so effective. Once he gets one good Smash off, that's pretty much it for my guy. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Champed RHulk's mega healthpool was barely dented as he smashed the hated Banner between his giant green ice cubes. 3* Hulk may be the thematically perfect opponent but as Alexis mentions, the angrier 3* Hulk gets...uhm...well that is about it. "Hulk write angry letter about stupid Red-man!" *Get smashed between giant green ice cubes* "Hulk...sad."

I know Crash opponents are never changed (to my knowledge?) and I understand why that is but I wouldn't mind seeing how 5* Hulk would be as an opponent in this one, just for kicks and beacuse he is even more thematically relevant being Banner first, Hulk second.
  • ZootSax
    DAZ0273 said:
    I know Crash opponents are never changed (to my knowledge?) 
    The only one I can think of is Kate Bishop.  She went against (pre-nerf) OML originally before settling in against Clint.  It's possible there's one or two others, but you're right in thinking it's very rare for the Crash opponent to change.
  • ZootSax
    Well, Red Hulk (Lv274, 3/5/5) enjoyed a very purple board that continued to stay purple throughout, so after a couple super smashes on his brother Hulk, the deed was done.

The LT gave me an Agent Coulson.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Big green did not have a good day, as there was a lot of purple on my board as well. There was also a lot of green, so any time it looked like a temper tantrum was coming my way I used purple to calm things down. Once I hit the mega-hit threshold I unleashed the beast, and knocked him right out of the park. It amused me that my reward was another one of the few(?) characters who has K.O.'d the hulk - Thanos! The black cover brought 4-star Thanos up to an almost-there 4/5/3. It was nice to get a stink-breaker in my Crash token run.