Flashing in the same spot every time a tile match is made (R186) [Investigating]

ursopro
ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
After today patch, I noticed that every time you or the enemy make tile matches there will be a flash in the same spot, besides the one that should display when doing said match.

Here are some videos showing how it appears in R186 and how it was during R185.

R185, it only flashed where the matches were made

R186, notice how it always flashes on the top right side even if the match was made somewhere else

Comments

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Maybe I'm getting senile, but are the "swing" flashes I see after every match is made new? With "swing" flash I mean the visual effect in the top half of the screen that looks as if someone from your team is taking a swing at the opposing team whenever a match is made. There is a reverse effect if the enemy team makes a match. Disabling character effects does not remove it.

I don't remember seeing them previously, but I am getting rather annoyed by them.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe this is a new "feature". It annoys me a lot as well, totally not necessary and wish we could turn it off.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Which system are you playing on?  I don't see it on Android...
  • SiderisAnon
    SiderisAnon Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2019
    @Brigby These new flashes with R186 are horrible.  I had to quit after only a couple of matches as I was getting a migraine.  Please give us a way to turn them off.

After the "new engine" update, the special effects in Marvel Puzzle Quest became far more strobe-like.  Turning off character effects has helped some, but it makes the game less fun for me, not to mention harder to follow what is going on.  Please remember that there are plenty of gamers who cannot handle flashy, strobe, disco-like special effects in a game.

Thank you.

Edit:  PC Steam version of MPQ.
  • sinnerjfl
    Seems its on Steam only...   great...  Please let us turn it off -_-
  • ursopro
  • ursopro
    Here is a longer video I made to try to highlight the issue/bug we Steam players are currently experimenting in 186

I have plenty of older builds videos where that effect wasn't present
  • sinnerjfl
    Can confirm, that flash happens now every match and its not even where you actually match the tiles.

Hopefully it's a bug and not a feature because it's a fairly big annoyance.
  • ursopro
    edited September 2019
    well, thanks to some Discord users help it was narrowed down to the match damage fx being misplaced in the same spot as where the mobile version is, so I hope it can be an easy fix for the next build.

I'm talking about this one:

• TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    sinnerjfl said:

Is this about the swipe towards the AP bar? This is on Android also...

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Oh god that is terrible.  I remember when 4* Cage was released and how bad his board shake was.  Came here to the forums, posted about it and 2 days later they resolved it.  This is back when they were ....... yea. 

Found the thread on that post.  David was very active on the forums at that time which was great.  

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/52120/board-shaking-please-stop/p1
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl said:

Is this about the swipe towards the AP bar? This is on Android also...

Steam doesnt have the AP bars like that, so it just swings towards nothing in particular.

And if its on all versions, I still dislike this visual effect and it needs to be an option. Stop it with
    the flashy flashing stuffs -_-
  • ursopro
    R187, still not fixed or even acknowledged

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey everyone. I haven't heard anything from the team in regards to this issue. I'll go ahead and add it to the bug list for now. When I know something, I'll be sure to let you know here. 
  • ursopro
    edited September 2019
    Still a problem in R188, was acknowledged by a dev on Discord 2 weeks ago
    EDIT: Per dev on Discord, the bug has been logged, now just patiently awaiting for a fix
  • ursopro
    R189, still not fixed

• ursopro
    R190, the problem persist