Talos (quenched laughter) vs. Captain Marvel

13»

Comments

• Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Took about 10 tries, but eventually covered and leveled my Talos to 209, 2/5/3. Took color boosts (4x red/yellow, 4x blue/purple, 2x the rest) and kept my red stacked (Marvel's strongest color). Was eventually doing thousands of points of damage per match after shapeshift. Got a couple lucky match-5s, and the stuns helped a lot.

I forgot to equip him with a support. So I played hard mode, I guess.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah, good work FesterTester! By this point I have joined in  with Captain Marvel stomping on Talos, I hate him so much.
    Hang in there, Talos might yet get 3 consecutive cascades
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Or the board start 90% blue ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have one more day of crushing defeat to go, so I am not done yet!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh happy day... A most fortunate board where Cap'n got zilch red/green and I could stun and stun and she was down! LT was a yellow Iceman good!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Mine's champed at 278, and he beat her first time. I think I must have got lucky with the board, because it didn't even seem that bad. I know he stunned her twice, but I don't remember much else.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yesssssssssss!!!!!!

I didn't win, all my boosts are gone and Talos still sucks but man, the Friday night pizza was good. 😎
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yesssssssssss!!!!!!

I didn't win, all my boosts are gone and Talos still sucks but man, the Friday night pizza was good. 😎

I don't think you "win" this fight so much as "escape" it with a Talos below maybe level 209.  On the plus side, he shouldn't be required in the crash again until 2021, and required in PVE once every two years or so on the current schedule?
    (Don't want to sidetrack this thread into talking about dilution, just happy to see Talos gone for now.)

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Unlike many others I think this match really demonstrated how bad Captain Repeater is. Talos was okay. Mine is lvl. 209 (Thank you for skipping him in ST) and with a few AP and boosts I easily defeated an underleveled 5-star. I didn't really know what Talos does but as Cap'n only really hurts with her red power I went primarily for that color. Stunned her twice, my match damage increased and suddenly a modern 5-star went down. As I have already 5 saved covers for Talos the day comes nearer when I will champ him. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares76 said:
    Unlike many others I think this match really demonstrated how bad Captain Repeater is. Talos was okay. Mine is lvl. 209 (Thank you for skipping him in ST) and with a few AP and boosts I easily defeated an underleveled 5-star. I didn't really know what Talos does but as Cap'n only really hurts with her red power I went primarily for that color. Stunned her twice, my match damage increased and suddenly a modern 5-star went down. As I have already 5 saved covers for Talos the day comes nearer when I will champ him. 
    I don't really think it's an either/or.  Neither of the characters in this Crash are considered "very good."  Talos is just more likely for people to have champed because he was the 4-star in the event, and is also considered one of, if not *the* worst 4-stars.  Meanwhile, 5-star Carol probably isn't champed by too many people, and as a result they're not used to knowing what her power set it, and how bad it is.  She's saved from the "Worst 5-star" distinction by Wasp, Banner, and probably a few others (Archangel? Rescue? Kingpin?)