Make Anniversary better? Bring back the Gauntlet

Options
2»

Comments

• nordhofsweden
    nordhofsweden Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    While I really enjoyed the gauntlet I doubt it'd be as good nowadays as it was back then and D3 knows that.
    You could probably just Gritty or Thorkye your way through the whole gauntlet but back then you had to use a lot of your roster.
    However, I'm all for something that's purely progression based.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GAUNTLET= Best event ever with the worst rewards "probably" ever.
    Im in.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I really enjoyed the gauntlet I doubt it'd be as good nowadays as it was back then and D3 knows that.
    You could probably just Gritty or Thorkye your way through the whole gauntlet but back then you had to use a lot of your roster.
    However, I'm all for something that's purely progression based.
    Well, to be fair the same could be said for most events these days. They could set it up to where each node offered something different like one X-Men character required, only female characters, only 3* characters, etc. Plus have loaner characters so newer players are able to play each node too.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    500 iso is not nothing.  I think at this point a lot of players would extra grindout the rest of a boss event weekend with some gauntlet. 
    And it has been so long I want some comeuppance for my 2/3 transitionary teams that hit the wall. HARD. I want to show you some of poppa's new bag! 

Update the levels- show us some of that wickedness that you brought with Cosmic Chaos essential fights, X-men in the danger room, and that Royal family brutality. bring the nastiest, cheapest tinykitty. " you are supposed to lose". Have a 5* at the end and give some other good personal achievement rewards. specific supports sounds nice, extra tokens to a store that gives 1:166 odds, 1CP for 3rd clear, again 500iso ain't that bad considering.

it's not that Gauntlet was all that awesome but it would be so perfect to run alongside boss events. Once newbs hit the wall; it's something to do. once vet's hit prog; it's something to do. win,win.
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am 100% on the side of adding more un-timed/unscheduled type events similar to the gauntlet, or even those on a smaller scale such as 12 days of marvel.  It is enjoyable to have a progression only event that you can play whenever you have free time.  This is always my #2 request on surveys right after my #1 request to stop releasing so many characters and instead spend that time/effort on re-balancing characters that are broken.  Obviously, #1 is NEVER going to happen but I still hold out hope for #2.  I also love the idea of progression based events that contain character specific nodes.  Brings back more of the strategy and puzzle aspects of the game compared to the the mindless thorkoye, gritty, court death, etc.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh, don't be mistaken, the Gauntlet needed a serious reward rework, but maybe that's too time intensive for staff... or something. The event concept was sound. Climb a roster ladder with 1-and-done nodes.

Take this general idea, re-implement it, have it cycle for a month, and have a single defeat lock you out of the event until reset... or something... have changing required characters to play each different node. I don't know, I'm not paid to help them design their game, but they do need help, as it looks like they're leaving money on the table from where I'm standing.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Oh, don't be mistaken, the Gauntlet needed a serious reward rework, but maybe that's too time intensive for staff... or something. The event concept was sound. Climb a roster ladder with 1-and-done nodes.

Take this general idea, re-implement it, have it cycle for a month, and have a single defeat lock you out of the event until reset... or something... have changing required characters to play each different node. I don't know, I'm not paid to help them design their game, but they do need help, as it looks like they're leaving money on the table from where I'm standing.
    This sounds amazing. I came to mpq after gauntlet was shut down, but this is something I'd definitely give a shot at.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BOSS RUSH!
  • ohp5000
    ohp5000 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    boss rush
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would be up for Boss Rush assuming they tweaked it so that Phoenix didn't insta-win at the beginning of her turn...
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I used to really enjoy The Gauntlet but the rewards wereTERRIBLE!

Very frustrating if you didn’t have the right character to unlock the mode to progress.