R185 Release Notes (8/23/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R185 update.

R185!
  • "80 Years In the Making"
What's Changed:
  • Android no longer utilizes Immersive Mode.
  • Fixed a rare bug that caused the game to crash when selecting the fast-forward button after receiving Supports for the first time.
  • Fixed various user interface issues include scroll bars not working correct, tapping buttons not working as intended and other screens not resizing correctly.
  • The vault animation no longer plays erratically when redeeming items from it.
  • The fast-forward button no longer remains on the screen after pressing it.
  • The Champion reward animation after adding a Champion level to a character can now properly be skipped.

Comments

• Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Marvel was founded 80 years ago.  We already got Namor, so could the next character be the original Human Torch?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marvel was founded 80 years ago.  We already got Namor, so could the next character be the original Human Torch?
    Maybe?  If we're strictly saying 1939, options are limited.  Another Namor seems unlikely since we just got him.  Ka-Zar is hardly a relevant character to modern fans, so probably not.  Same with Angel (not the one from the X-Men).

If they allow for a few more years, original Black Widow (Claire Voyant)?  Vision (Aarkus)?  Falcon (Carl Burgess)?  Oldschool Bucky or Cap?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    80 years in the making. The Final Fantasy VII remake seems to be taking that long. Cloud (SOLDIER) confirmed!
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That’s what I was thinking. The original one wasn’t Johnny although I would be nice to have a 4* version of him since all the other members are 4*
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stan Lee
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    80 years? Replay button confirmed!

but seriously... the Apple store release notes state that there are character balance changes. Can we get some info on that?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IYeaheahI said:
    80 years? Replay button confirmed!

but seriously... the Apple store release notes state that there are character balance changes. Can we get some info on that?
    The notes always say that there are balance changes,
    There never are any.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don’t know if she is quite old enough to be 80, but Patsy Walker A.K.A. Hellcat is possible too. Most likely either the original human torch or maybe a 4* classic spandex cap with the pointy shield and wings on his head
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    Options
    May not fit the '80 years in the making' (other than it's getting close to WWII) and the fact that it sounds celebratory, but i'd love a Red Skull.
  • firethorne
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Brigby said:

• Android no longer utilizes Immersive Mode.
    @Brigby Can this be made an option?  I know some people complained that they wanted the default android buttons, but I don't.  Frankly, I think they look pretty hideous and really detract from the aesthetic of the game. I'm perfectly happy using only the buttons your developers created as part of the UI, without seeing an ugly grey bar all the time, just as I have been for years.

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Stark Industries was founded in 1939.
    4* Howard Stark? Doesn't really make sense, does it? 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Stan Lee started at Timely Comics in 1939. 1939 through 2018 is 80 years MAKING stories we loved.

Can it really be?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Uatu the Watcher confirmed.

• TheOne
    TheOne Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm glad the navigation bar is back, but I don't remember it being an ugly grey one in the past. Wasn't it a less obtrusive black or black overlay? 
  • firethorne
    edited August 2019
    Options
    TheOne said:
    I'm glad the navigation bar is back, but I don't remember it being an ugly grey one in the past. Wasn't it a less obtrusive black or black overlay? 
    On my phone, the buttons were never there before.  They would appear if you swiped up from the bottom, and then they were transparent.  Apologies for screenshots from other game, but they all still behave this way, so I can provide examples.  MPQ used to do this:

No bar:

Swipe to show bar:

Current MPQ, they're always on and opaque:

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Brigby said:
    Stan Lee started at Timely Comics in 1939. 1939 through 2018 is 80 years MAKING stories we loved.

Can it really be?
    Stan didn't get a story published until 1941, before that he was the guy who got the sandwiches for the actual comic book guys. It would also be awkward timing considering J C Lees outburst  about Marvel. I think tiomono is right in his guess.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you are going to get rid of immersive Mode again can you guys at least do something about the ugly side bars?
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    Brigby said:

Can it really be?
    Stan didn't get a story published until 1941, before that he was the guy who got the sandwiches for the actual comic book guys. It would also be awkward timing considering J C Lees outburst  about Marvel. I think tiomono is right in his guess.
    I think "outburst" is a rather disparaging way of referring to her weighing in.