Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    Brigby said:
    • "80 Years In the Making"
    Stan Lee started at Timely Comics in 1939. 1939 through 2018 is 80 years MAKING stories we loved.

Can it really be?
    Stan didn't get a story published until 1941, before that he was the guy who got the sandwiches for the actual comic book guys. It would also be awkward timing considering J C Lees outburst  about Marvel. I think tiomono is right in his guess.
    I think "outburst" is a rather disparaging way of referring to her weighing in. 
    Maybe. I don't wish to throw this thread off track but well, let's just say I have doubts over the validity of her words which come after Marvel have decided not to pay her more for her dead Father's legacy...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Maybe. I don't wish to throw this thread off track but well, let's just say I have doubts over the validity of her words which come after Marvel have decided not to pay her more for her dead Father's legacy...
    And the fact that she's one of the people accused of elderly abusing her own father, physically and mentally (and financially)...

I'm going to say another Spidey, cause he's the most important character (arguably) in Marvel's stable of characters.  He may not have as rabid a following as other "hip" characters, but he's the tried and true character of Marvel.

That or Human Torch to finish off the FF in the 4* tier.  Sure, it wasn't Johnny Storm in the first comic (android, was it Jim Hammond? @DAZ0273, you're the Marvel Encyclopedic Historian person, care to chime in ;)), but it would work thematically... 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I actually think @tiomono is correct with their guess but a 4* Torch would certainly be overdue and fit the colours mostly.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I actually think @tiomono is correct with their guess but a 4* Torch would certainly be overdue and fit the colours mostly.
    I'm thinking it has to be some kind of cosmic character. I also think its an all new character that they are introducing.

This comic issue marvel #1000 is huge for marvel. Tons of artists all coming together making their own panels. A story that arcs through the entire history of marvel comics and most if not all of the characters are affected by this relic in some way. 

If it's not tied to this comic I will be shocked.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    @tiomono, Marvel #1000 has a variant cover with Mickey, so, ummm Micky Mouse (Corporate Synergy) incoming ;)

Image result for mickey mouse marvel 1000
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Lol! I think Mickey would be a 10* or something!
  • tiomono
    Options
    @tiomono, Marvel #1000 has a variant cover with Mickey, so, ummm Micky Mouse (Corporate Synergy) incoming ;)

That cap smile is a bit creepy.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    tiomono said:

That cap smile is a bit creepy.
    Yeah, Cap must be thinking: I've seen a talking duck, a spider that became a pig, a frog thor, an alien dragon, a teleporting dog, but a talking mouse that bakes cakes baffles my mind...
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    R185 has still not been fixed on Amazon - in game chat is toast.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

Who is the guy in the middle? 
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Black Panther. Unless you're talking about the guy in the red pants. That's Mickey Mouse. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options

Black Panther. Unless you're talking about the guy in the red pants. That's Mickey Mouse. 
    Or Jim Hammond in the back middle poster... Talk about foreshadowing   ;)
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

OK, could someone please identify the action figure and picture with four people behind Mickey and underneath Thor’s hammer, the vehicle by Spidey’s foot and the bearded man in his underwear behind Iron Man.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

Thanks. I had a feeling but wasn’t 100% sure. 
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Also noticed Antman, Fin Fang Foom, Rocket, Deadpool, Khamala Khan(all in toy or action figure form) 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    And Daredevil!!

(that’s the action figure you asked about @Waddles_Pines)

(Sue Storm and Groot and an Infinity Gauntlet as well)
  • tiomono
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:

OK, could someone please identify the action figure and picture with four people behind Mickey and underneath Thor’s hammer, the vehicle by Spidey’s foot and the bearded man in his underwear behind Iron Man.
    Action figure behind Mickey is daredevil in his yellow costume.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Just above and to the right of Deadpool toy and to the left of iron mans ribs is a tiny face peeking out. Is it Ultron maybe? Gets too pixelated when I zoom in.

• Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Greenroom said:
    Just above and to the right of Deadpool toy and to the left of iron mans ribs is a tiny face peeking out. Is it Ultron maybe? Gets too pixelated when I zoom in.

maybe H.E.R.B.I.E?

Image result for herbie marvel