Resolved: OP can't count

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
I decided to leave my A-team at home and try to beat a Bishop, Gamora, + 5-star Black Panther team with my own Bishop team.

By my fourth turn, courtesy of the enemy 5s match damage, I'd stunned the entire AI team. And that was when I noticed something very odd.

Even though I'd been matching almost all of the Blue gems, and even though I'd stunned the enemy Bishop on my second turn, the AI team had still somehow acquired 9 Blue AP. I noticed this because they were running Gamora with Bishop so I was worried doubly about the AI's stun potential.

And so when I hit the stunned Bishop with a nuke, even though their entire team was stunned, I noticed their Blue AP had now increased to 14.

Even though Bishop was stunned, General Reserves was STILL generating Blue AP for his team.

"Why has nobody noticed this?" you ask.

Because it ONLY happens when you nuke but don't KO a stunned Bishop and the enemy has less than 10 Blue AP.
It won't happen if the AI has more than 10 Blue AP, and it won't happen if you 1-shot the stunned Bishop.

Bishop IS Broken and NOT because General Reserves procs off a 5-star's match damage, but because it generates Blue AP even when he's stunned.

edit Weirdness all around. After first posting, I realized my reference to the AI having Bishop on their team wasn't there so I edited my post and added Bishop's name, and on that edit I managed to delete (overwrite) Gamora's name without realizing.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Based on your conditions stated,

1) Bishop is stunned 
    2) fewer than 10 blue ap (or opponent had 6 blue ap during my test)
    3) nuke a stunned Bishop but not KO him. My nuke in this case took out 62% of his full hp.

The opponent's blue ap still remain as 6.

There's something inconsistent about your experience.

It started off as you battling Bishop + 5* team and then in the middle of your text, you mentioned that they were running G4mora and Bishop.

What team were you running and who exactly did you fight against? Were you fighting against 5* Hawkeye?

It could be team-specific scenario for all we know.
  • JSP869
    Options
    It was Bishop, Gamora, and 5* Black Panther. I was running Bishop, Agent Coulson, and 3* Iron Man, mostly as a battery for more Blue.

All 3 opponents were stunned, Agent Coulson's Super Secret Tech passive counted down and booped the stunned Bishop, and when it did, the AI went from 9 to 14 Blue AP.  

You are correct that it's not consistent because I went up against another Bishop team, nuked their stunned Bishop, and that time they did not collect 5 blue AP.  

I went hunting for more Bishop teams in the Simulator but could not find any more before my train got to my station.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like it could be related to Coulson because his CD deals damage. Maybe you would like to bring the same team against Bishop to see if you can repeat the same bugs. :D
  • JSP869
    Options
    If anything, it is interesting trying to find teams to take down a Bishop team. It's putting the puzzle back into Puzzle Quest :smiley:
  • JSP869
    Options
    It seems like it could be related to Coulson because his CD deals damage. Maybe you would like to bring the same team against Bishop to see if you can repeat the same bugs. :D
    As it's not happened to me since, even with the same team and thus isn't reliably repeatable, I'm thinking the problem here may be the loose nut behind the keyboard.

With all the stuns going on it's entirely possible that I lost track of the stun count on Bishop, and he actually came out of his stun at the start of the same turn that Agent Coulson's countdown ticked down.

From my perspective Bishop was stunned on my turn, and was still stunned on the AI's turn...then Coulson's countdown ticked down at the start of my next turn with me thinking, wrongly, that Bishop was still stunned, when he was in fact now wide awake and very angry.